Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
radio1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeritV)
tell me about it, i've been spending most of my time sleeping/watching telly instead of cracking on my reading list
What shows you like?
punctuation
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
I didn't have time to say this on Friday, but....
MY UCAS FORM IS DONE
All I need to do is pay £22 and wait impatiently for my reference to be done. I asked my form tutor to put in some of my UMS marks but he said something vague about academic ability instead -.-
I'm so happy And I quite like my PS; I think it reads quite nicely Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Unfortunately this morning I ended up having an argument with my boyfriend because he believes the British system of personal statements and stuff is "stupid" and that we have to write ours as if the people reading them are stupid -.- "I did this and it was a great experience because"...needless to say I absolutely ripped into the American system with its emphasis on ECs rather than actual academics, and its liking of people who can donate millions to the college, and the alumni system...oh, and then to add insult to injury, because American unis demand like $75 per university application, he's speanign his wages on that, meaning he's not coming to visit me in October as we'd planned. I'm fairly upset

SVEN you were meant to be sending me your PS!!
ahhh congratulations! I cant believe you have everything finished, I'm jealous of your skills.
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by radio1)
What shows you like?
Ye I'm this weirdo who either watches Friends online, or who watches Czech stupid soap operas. Feel free to judge me. (I judge myself too xD)
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
ahhh congratulations! I cant believe you have everything finished, I'm jealous of your skills.
When are you planning to send yours off? really should practice for the TSA LOL
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nightmare91)
Now it's getting all personal, how mean!!! :mad:

No, it was a serious question!! I keep forgetting to tell you that I keep seeing this rather fit guy in Waitrose who actually looks a little like you (but taller), and his hair is the same shade of AWFUL as yours, clearly dyed, and the first time I saw him I kept looking at him so curiously and I think he thought I was a bit weird...

(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
Is he really? You guys met! awww Did you all go to the July open day or something

and lots of guys dye their hair! ... most of them I know ahem, play for the other team but it could be manly :P
No, it's really not
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeritV)
Ye I'm this weirdo who either watches Friends online, or who watches Czech stupid soap operas. Feel free to judge me. (I judge myself too xD)
Ahahaha my boyfriend does this; he has tons of Friends episodes saved on his computer and I watched The One Where Paul (I think) is the Man with him in Germany

Ahh thankyou! I got almost everything done before the summer which was certainly a plus. Also Banoffeepie16 motivated me to just finish it off
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh thankyou! I got almost everything done before the summer which was certainly a plus. Also Banoffeepie16 motivated me to just finish it off
Glad I can be of help :L
And I love that Friends episode too! Can't believe E4 aren't showing Friends anymore
Brand New Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, it's really not
Really not what?
Chr0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
290 pages already. last time i looked this was at 5 or so o.O
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really not what?
Manly
punctuation
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When are you planning to send yours off? really should practice for the TSA LOL
Probably October 13 or 14. :P I'll get extremely neurotic if I send it off before then and notice a mistake or something. I don't know! Besides, I need to talk to my teachers about predicted grades, and the later I do so, the better the prediction will be. :lol:

I need to practice as well... :emo:
manic_fuzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
Glad I can be of help :L
And I love that Friends episode too! Can't believe E4 aren't showing Friends anymore
You can always watch it on Comedy Central if you have Sky And looking at your sig, just saying, i love Baudelaire :love:

Probably October 13 or 14. :P I'll get extremely neurotic if I send it off before then and notice a mistake or something.
Exactly the same! I even get a bit worried when saving my GCSEs into UCAS, because i think i might accidentally click something to finalise everything and break it all :mmm:
dnumberwang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've already done Pay/Send It's not actually been sent off yet, though
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not even the second week of school and I'm already having an actual nervous breakdown feel very pathetic.
punctuation
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manic_fuzz)
Exactly the same! I even get a bit worried when saving my GCSEs into UCAS, because i think i might accidentally click something to finalise everything and break it all :mmm:
Oh god yes. I click save and it's like OH NO PLEASE AHHH oh it's okay never mind BUT WAIT STOP EVERYTHING no it's good now
theseeker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not even the second week of school and I'm already having an actual nervous breakdown feel very pathetic.
Don't worry..it'll blow away very soon hopefully
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
I've already done Pay/Send It's not actually been sent off yet, though
Someone's eager!

Aww, i'm guessing you have loads of work? Though, there's no doubt that you'll be fine, and you're obvioooously not pathetic :hugs:

Oh god yes. I click save and it's like OH NO PLEASE AHHH oh it's okay never mind BUT WAIT STOP EVERYTHING no it's good now
I feel your pain :rofl:
dnumberwang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manic_fuzz)
Someone's eager!
or careless, considering I've only given the PS to my teachers thrice and TSR nonce :dontknow:

Ah well, I'm fairly confident
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
or careless, considering I've only given the PS to my teachers thrice and TSR nonce :dontknow:

Ah well, I'm fairly confident
Either way, well done

I have yet to finish my PS... :emo:
Hanuman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I am trying to decide on a college, and any help would be very much appreciated.
I am applying for English and have narrowed it down to either:

Magdalen
or
Christ Church

If anyone could provide me with any information that might help choose between these two, I would be very grateful.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.45%
No (459)
60.47%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21.08%

Watched Threads