Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Higuain to Napoli looks to be getting closer, €35M fee agreed

ReputationRep:
    were not getting suarez, I don't know who the board is fooling.

why not spend that money on more realistic options, than waste time pursuing a player who will most likely end up in Madrid

ReputationRep:
    If Higuain is going to Napoli, I honestly can't see who you guys are going to sign. I honestly thought that you guys would get him. Rooney is going to Chelsea, Suarez will stay at Liverpool. Ibra/Lewa, LOL no.

Giroud will be your main striker next year. Maybe you'll buy a DM (thought you would get Wanyama as well) or a winger to replace Arshavin/Gervinho. Maybe a right back, and maybe you'll get Cesar.

But I just can't see where Wenger is going to spend this £xxx million transfer kitty of his.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    If Higuain is going to Napoli, I honestly can't see who you guys are going to sign. I honestly thought that you guys would get him. Rooney is going to Chelsea, Suarez will stay at Liverpool. Ibra/Lewa, LOL no.

Giroud will be your main striker next year. Maybe you'll buy a DM (thought you would get Wanyama as well) or a winger to replace Arshavin/Gervinho. Maybe a right back, and maybe you'll get Cesar.

But I just can't see where Wenger is going to spend this £xxx million transfer kitty of his.

We will get Suarez. It's only a matter of time. Let's be realistic Liverpool are not winning the premier league 100% , they can't offer him champions league. And for a player like him he won't be satisfied with the fa or capital one cup.

And if he wanted to stay at Liverpool he would of made it clear and not say I'm not happy etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    We will get Suarez. It's only a matter of time. Let's be realistic Liverpool are not winning the premier league 100% , they can't offer him champions league. And for a player like him he won't be satisfied with the fa or capital one cup.

And if he wanted to stay at Liverpool he would of made it clear and not say I'm not happy etc.
    We wont sell to another PL team. Enjoy Giroud for another year. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

A major caveat of your scenario is Real Madrid and Suarez preference to leave England.

ReputationRep:

I admire the optimism, but why would Suarez realistically choose us over Real Madrid? Especially if the reported deal for Higuain to Napoli goes through, they'll have money to spend. They'll outbid us, offer higher wages, offer chances of winning silverware as well as being the top striker at one of the very best clubs in the world, with an incredible history. I don't see Suarez coming to us if Madrid are really in for him, as much as I'd like to see him here.

Pretty disappointing if the Higuain news is true, I'd be gutted if we ended up missing out on both him and Jovetic. However, I'm still confident (for some reason) that we'll make signings to improve the squad. I do think that Wenger believes that this summer is as important as we all do and so he'll spend some money augmenting our squad. However, I am less optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago, and I don't really see what striker out there on the market will improve us sufficiently. In AW I trust though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Enjoy 7th :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Enjoy fascinating finishing in the top 4. Unlike Liverpool We do that every year . And LOL Andy Carroll for 35 million and while we got giroud for a bargain. And still finish 4th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    A major caveat of your scenario is Real Madrid and Suarez preference to leave England.
    Arsenal have already had one offer for the striker rebuffed but, amid reports a new bid is being prepared, Sky sources understand he has NOT ruled out joining an English club in the Champions League.

Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ing-in-England

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have already had one offer for the striker rebuffed but, amid reports a new bid is being prepared, Sky sources understand he has NOT ruled out joining an English club in the Champions League.

Sky source....... gimme a break

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at mad Arsenal fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Lmao at mad Arsenal fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, You finsihed 7th and we finished 4th. End of

ReputationRep:
    Its wrong for Liverpool to hold him back, they're aren't going to get top four it's as simple as that. If they get an offer of £40m+ they should sell regardless of who is offer is from. His goals have kept Liverpool from sinking into mid table and he helped win the League cup in 2011 Suarez has given his all for Liverpool it shouldn't come down to a transfer request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Its wrong for Liverpool to hold him back, they're aren't going to get top four it's as simple as that. If they get an offer of £40m+ they should sell regardless of who is offer is from. His goals have kept Liverpool from sinking into mid table and he helped win the League cup in 2011 Suarez has given his all for Liverpool it shouldn't come down to a transfer request.
    Yh exactly. Apparently geoff said where going to put a £40 million bid for him on Monday. Champions league is the one and top players like him should be playing in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Given he's on a long contract they shouldn't sell to just anybody, and seeing as they've stuck by him despite his behaviour being a massive ballache I don't think they owe him anything.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some of the **** that I'm reading here.

"It's wrong for Liverpool to hold him back......" I can't even comprehend where to begin with the level of hypocrisy in this statement especially coming from an Arsenal fan given that we've supposedly held players back from reaching their full potential from by blocking their move to bigger powerhouses from Vieira to Henry to Nasir to Cesc to RVP just last season. What a ridiculous thing to say. Have you people all of a sudden forgotten what we went through with those players especially RVP.

It's Liverpool's prerogative if they want to sell him and to whom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Enjoy 7th :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, You finsihed 7th and we finished 4th. End of
    You still mad we have Suarez and you have a donkey upfront. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.