Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    in all honesty? you will be doing a summer at gs jpm or ms, whichever you like, next year, id choose two sws, if you find a month stressful. so do gs and ms, then you convert one or both, and that way you still get free time in easter
    Don't listen to him. Do the whole month, better for your CV and you'll convert ms and gs to Summer anyway
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TheBankinator)
    Don't listen to him. Do the whole month, better for your CV and you'll convert ms and gs to Summer anyway
    You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.
    You can work in the evenings, tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    You can work in the evenings, tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point, although I thought you were encouraged to take part in networking and other activities?

ReputationRep:
    wtf 10 min interview (including the qs I asked the interviewer) with BNP just ended. very standard competency questions. rumbled a bit as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashzeJ)
    wtf 10 min interview (including the qs I asked the interviewer) with BNP just ended. very standard competency questions. rumbled a bit as well.
    sounds good bro if so short when you gna hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    sounds good bro if so short when you gna hear back?
    end of next week man, fingers crossed so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashzeJ)
    How long can you expect a response?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBankinator)
    who are you? Youve done nothing but post crap and useless posts on here, why mathsnerd or whatever hasn't banned you from this thread idk

ReputationRep:
    Does the GS interview involve brain teasers? has anyone experienced that yet?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Fair point, although I thought you were encouraged to take part in networking and other activities?
    Not every firm has them and they wouldn't be every night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Not every firm has them and they wouldn't be every night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.
    How much did you talk about QE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    What sort of technicals? What area did you apply too?

ReputationRep:
    Should one expect technical questions for GS operations? Any tips for those? They don't provide any hints pre-interview so to speak..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wowzerss)
    They said to me that I'll find out by friday. 2nd rounds are next week.

How did you interview go? Any hard technicals?
    No hard technicals in the first round. Just one simple but tricky math question. HAS ANYBODY WHO HAD THE 1ST INTERVIEW THIS TUESDAY HEARD FROM GOLDMAN SACHS IBD YET???

ReputationRep:
    NO!!! Did your interviewer tell you when we gonna hear back? Friday?

(Original post by collegeboy7)
    No hard technicals in the first round. Just one simple but tricky math question. HAS ANYBODY WHO HAD THE 1ST INTERVIEW THIS TUESDAY HEARD FROM GOLDMAN SACHS IBD YET???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradeplatz)
    NO!!! Did your interviewer tell you when we gonna hear back? Friday?
    He said it can take up to 2 weeks but on the application website it says the 2nd round is gonna be on 26th. Does it say the same thing on yours?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but he mentioned that second round will be next week so I assume that we will be notified within the next 48hrs.

(Original post by collegeboy7)
    He said it can take up to 2 weeks but on the application website it says the 2nd round is gonna be on 26th. Does it say the same thing on yours?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.