Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Everyone back in school tomorrow?
    Tuesday :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you'd much rather have that as the download speed.

Do you go to R**** school? (Starred incase you wanna be anon:lol:)
    Nope :lol:

Yup, I've been spoilt, and I think pretty much everyone else here too, to the point where I wouldn't be happy if I had to constantly pause a video of at least 480p to let it buffer :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Feels like the school internet has got faster

No idea why our upload speed is that high when pretty much no one uses it
    Wait you live in Coventry ???!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Wait you live in Coventry ???!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it's just the closest server to where I am :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Nope :lol:

Yup, I've been spoilt, and I think pretty much everyone else here too, to the point where I wouldn't be happy if I had to constantly pause a video of at least 480p to let it buffer :lol:
    Lel I've forgotten what it's like for a video to buffer:lol:

I had like 5MB internet until about a year ago but now it's great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    No, it's just the closest server to where I am :lol:
    Ohhhh. Always think it's strange when people on the Internet live nearish to me. I start wondering if I've ever seen them before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Lucky. You a Bayern fan?
    Good guess!

ReputationRep:
    Lel I've forgotten what it's like for a video to buffer:lol:

I had like 5MB internet until about a year ago but now it's great.
    ... Whenever my dad wants to stream his karaoke / Asian news network on the TV it uses up so much bandwidth and YouTube defaults to 240p/360p streaming When I'm the only one using it, it's fine though, can watch in 1080p just fine. It's what happens when you live in a chavvy part of town - my friend a mile away has fibre optic and our area doesn't :lol:

Ohhhh. Always think it's strange when people on the Internet live nearish to me. I start wondering if I've ever seen them before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've driven past Coventry like twice in my life, never actually set foot there if you live there. Also, never seen anyone that looks like you so you've probably never seen me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    Good guess!
    Haha I watch the odd game from time to time but the league is just too easy for them. Are you German then/got German family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    ... Whenever my dad wants to stream his karaoke / Asian news network on the TV it uses up so much bandwidth and YouTube defaults to 240p/360p streaming When I'm the only one using it, it's fine though, can watch in 1080p just fine. It's what happens when you live in a chavvy part of town - my friend a mile away has fibre optic and our area doesn't :lol:

I've driven past Coventry like twice in my life, never actually set foot there if you live there. Also, never seen anyone that looks like you so you've probably never seen me :lol:
    Karaoke?:lol:

You're not missing much in Coventry, it's so dull(probably due to the fact it had to be quickly rebuilt after WW2).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Haha I watch the odd game from time to time but the league is just too easy for them. Are you German then/got German family?
    No, not at all, just a bit of a Germanophile.

I don't really know why Dortmund have suddenly taken a plummet when a couple of years ago they were winning back to back titles at Bayern's expense. Clearly they relied a lot on Götze and Lewandowski.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Ah right, I live like 20 min in a car from Coventry but used to go to school there.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You're not missing much in Coventry, it's so dull(probably due to the fact it had to be quickly rebuilt after WW2).
    Aw I like the old areas! I'd still never stay here for uni though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    No, not at all, just a bit of a Germanophile.

I don't really know why Dortmund have suddenly taken a plummet when a couple of years ago they were winning back to back titles at Bayern's expense. Clearly they relied a lot on Götze and Lewandowski.
    Same when it comes to football. The World Cup was great.

Dortmund were an amazing team but they'll probably be picked apart in the transfer window this summer and get even worse.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I either have to start playing my guitar or turn my music up, because the might of the karaoke/speakers is resounding :lol:

My friends can sometimes hear it on Skype; it's downstairs and I'm upstairs!

ReputationRep:

Dortmund were an amazing team but they'll probably be picked apart in the transfer window this summer and get even worse.
    Team?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Borussia Mönchengladbach seem to be making a bit of a rise but nobody seems to be emerging as a real contender alongside Bayern. It'll end up a bit like Scotland if they're not careful.

ReputationRep:
    Aw I like the old areas! I'd still never stay here for uni though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Such as?:lol: I can't think of any nice areas.
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yeah, I either have to start playing my guitar or turn my music up, because the might of the karaoke/speakers is resounding :lol:

My friends can sometimes hear it on Skype; it's downstairs and I'm upstairs!
    Lol:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah? If you mean that they weren't a team and relied on certain players heavily then I disagree.

If that's not what you meant then just ignore:lol:
    (Original post by O133)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach seem to be making a bit of a rise but nobody seems to be emerging as a real contender alongside Bayern. It'll end up a bit like Scotland if they're not careful.
    I have lost a bit of interest in football this season tbh haven't been watching many games except for Barca's.

ReputationRep:
    Doing some Latin literature and looking at an insult this poet came up with about a girl (she didn't like him, that's all, supposedly )

[Speaking to some friends]
    'Announce a few words to my girl which are not spoken well:may she live and may she flourish with her adulterers, 300 of whom she holds in her embrace at the same time, loving none truly but repeatedly bursting the groins of all of them'

And that's followed by a nice simile:

'May she not look back to my love, as before, which by her fault has fallen like a flower at the edge of a meadow after it has been touched by the passing plough'

:pierre:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.