Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    True. I think Welbeck will be better this season can see him getting 10+ from across the front 3. Ozil, Ramsey and Ox need 10 plus. I said before we need alot more from Ozil. Below is shocking really

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...take_ons#total
    Change the metric to average per game or per 90 and it tells a very different story, you can't go off raw data when one player has played 50% more games than the other ffs

ReputationRep:
    There was so many quality midfielders out there at the start of the summer if Wenger really wanted another midfielder he'd have brought one in by now. Sad but true. I think people are banking on his willing to take "gamble" comments for a surprise transfer

ReputationRep:
    He came out on twitter about an hour saying he's staying for another season lol
    ****, been at home ill and only just woke up from a 2 hour nap, not the new you want to wake up to

ReputationRep:
    Tbf about it I'll be fuming if we don't sign a cdm, I can understand not signing a striker because supply has been low and prices understandably inflated but the decision not to buy a cdm is pure arrogance, Philly boy is on point on that. So many central midfielder that would have improved our squad have been sold to teams that are frankly at our level or below in terms of stature.
    It's arrogance, it's stupidly and its ****ing not acceptable to be frank about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Change the metric to average per game or per 90 and it tells a very different story, you can't go off raw data when one player has played 50% more games than the other ffs
    That's fair enough but is the difference between Ozil and Santi proportionate for the fees we paid for each of them respectively? Ozil never achieved the consistency Santi had in 12/13 for whatever reason. The lack of shot and goals stat is probably the most profound. I don't think the fact that Santi has more minutes should hinder the comparison, all that should be counted is their output regardless of injuries

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough but is the difference between Ozil and Santi proportionate for the fees we paid for each of them respectively? Ozil never achieved the consistency Santi had in 12/13 for whatever reason. The lack of shot and goals stat is probably the most profound. I don't think the fact that Santi has more minutes should hinder the comparison, all that should be counted is their output regardless of injuries
    True the stats suggests what we already know, Ozil is better at creating chances and Santi is better at scoring. But you're right Ozil should be streets ahead of Santi when it comes to fee paid but then Santi was an absolute bargain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Do you honestly think Aubameyang is better than Cavani??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cavani is not a realistic option as Ibra is most likely leaving PSG next year.

ReputationRep:
    Same old Arsene every summer doesn't suprise me from Wenger, probably values tinpot cups i.e. Shield, Emirates cup more higher than winning Champions/Premier League, nothing new here. Could've bought Schneiderlin, Pedro, Lacazette etc but nah. Back to fourth boys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    wish we'd go for ibra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Same old Arsene every summer doesn't suprise me from Wenger, probably values tinpot cups i.e. Shield, Emirates cup more higher than winning Champions/Premier League, nothing new here.
    If you genuinely believe that you're just as stupid as Wenger is tbf...

ReputationRep:
    If you genuinely believe that you're just as stupid as Wenger is tbf...
    Our transfer window has been ****, there is no justification for that. Please tell me why it's stupid to be real about a situation? Where we haven't developed our squad and your golden boy Giroud is our only striker at the moment you think we're finishing above United,City or Chelsea? Don't quote me and start talking breeze.

ReputationRep:
    You can finish above United, possibly City too with Giroud as striker.

You're good enough to steamroller the ****ty teams.

ReputationRep:
    Our transfer window has been ****, there is no justification for that. Please tell me why it's stupid to be real about a situation? Where we haven't developed our squad and your golden boy Giroud is our only striker at the moment you think we're finishing above United,City or Chelsea? Don't quote me and start talking breeze.
    At no point did I say we hasn't had a **** window I said if you genuinely believe Wenger would rather win the Emirates cup than the champions league then you're a ****ing moron. To use your saying, it's not that deep brah...

ReputationRep:
    At no point did I say we hasn't had a **** window I said if you genuinely believe Wenger would rather win the Emirates cup than the champions league then you're a ****ing moron. To use your saying, it's not that deep brah...
    Problem is we're so accustomed to CL failure that the inevitability of us getting knocked out so early and often as we do has a mental affect on Wenger and the boys imo, if he truly wanted us to do well in the CL he would develop the squad, we aren't on par with the top european sides atm.

ReputationRep:
    Problem is we're so accustomed to CL failure that the inevitability of us getting knocked out so early and often as we do has a mental affect on Wenger and the boys imo, if he truly wanted us to do well in the CL he would develop the squad, we aren't on par with the top european sides atm.
    I 100% agree that our team isn't good enough yet, the problem is I'm not too sure that it's for lack of trying other than at CDM where is isn't any excuse for not signing anyone as I've said. I cannot believe for one second that we weren't in for a striker this window or an attacking winger, but the supply just isn't there. Right now the most realistic option is probably Higuain and I don't think anyone really wants Wenger to spend £50mil on him, he just isn't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    we're more likely to win the league with giroud as first choice than coquelin as first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal won't win the title again with Wenger as manager

ReputationRep:
    Farcical that we couldn't pinch bender from bayer but Spurs can pinch Son from them.

ReputationRep:
    I hope we get Barca or Juve tomorrow tbh been ages since we've been in a massive CL match. I reckon we'd competitive against both teams.

I'd like Barca, Arsenal, Roma, Wolfsburg. Worst comes to worse we come 3rd and go far in the EL. We're unlikely to win the CL anyway so might as well have some memorable group fixtures

ReputationRep:
    Yeah except as has been shown every season for the last 5 seasons being in the Europa league knockout ****s up your league performances completely

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.