Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just an idea, but im going to do this with myself..im going to set myself a daily goal and one big weekly goal, eg things i want to do, but due to the depression i've been finding it hard

tomorrow i'm going too: Go for a run and have my mobile turned off for the whole day

For the week: Try and stop smoking
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
I've got to ring up to book a proper assessment tomorrow...not sure what to expect from it really.
I like that after 9 years of mental health problems ive never once been properly assessed.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
assessed? I had the doctor today do a score for me and add things up...not really an assesment really?
fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was just reading some of your posts guys cause i havent been in here for ages. Hello all.
vsm - i know what you mean about the whole parents thing sometimes i feel like my parents think im made out of china or something and if they go away for a minute im going to be broken. My parents think i have achieved nothing but i know i have maybe not in the same way as they have which is what im always getting compared against!!

Fitness to practice - To be honest last year not quite sure how i got clearence to go on some of my placements.

Occy health and clearence = all is fine.

Anna im sorry but wideawake has a point - if you need to share things with people on the internet then sometimes its best to remain anonymous - these things can get you into deep trouble.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really know what to do with myself anymore. The few times I've tentatively tried to talk to people I've always got some variation of 'I can't/don't want to help you, go and see someone who can'. But I have had experience of counselling and I loathed it, it just made me so unhappy. I don't want to have to be back in that situation. I just need to feel that I'm not all alone, and that there is someone who cares about me. I'm so lonely, and I didn't really understand how horrible loneliness can be, not for a long time.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
I think a lot of doctors do that, I remember when I first went over a year ago and he asked loads of questions to which he was clicking things on his computer but I've been referred to the local NHS primary care mental health team who spend time at first appt looking at concerns and how they affect me and look at treatment options, which I guess is counselling stuff?

VSM - Really? Any reason why?

True, i had like a mini session with my doctor really..i was expecting her to ask how im feeling, not why im feeling the way i am..

she was so amazing, she has been all the way through the miscarriage etc and told me she's not surprised after what i've been through and the people in my life have been towards me.

Anyone finding they're just letting their hygiene and the way they look slip? Ive just been home for ages, dont like going out as its cold..and i shower, but its really a struggle too, and hate the fuss etc...just me lol
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
Anyone finding they're just letting their hygiene and the way they look slip? Ive just been home for ages, dont like going out as its cold..and i shower, but its really a struggle too, and hate the fuss etc...just me lol
I am wearing the same clothes I slept in last night.

I plan on showering after posting this.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I don't really know what to do with myself anymore. The few times I've tentatively tried to talk to people I've always got some variation of 'I can't/don't want to help you, go and see someone who can'. But I have had experience of counselling and I loathed it, it just made me so unhappy. I don't want to have to be back in that situation. I just need to feel that I'm not all alone, and that there is someone who cares about me. I'm so lonely, and I didn't really understand how horrible loneliness can be, not for a long time.

I've had that too..its like a stab in the heart, as i know whatever happens i would want to help them..

i feel lonely too, i can't wait to meet people at uni, all of my friends are away, and im fed up and tired of being at home. I've decided to get a cat when i move, keep me company etc
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had that too..its like a stab in the heart, as i know whatever happens i would want to help them..

i feel lonely too, i can't wait to meet people at uni, all of my friends are away, and im fed up and tired of being at home. I've decided to get a cat when i move, keep me company etc
That's very true. It's also hard because I am really, really bad at talking to people and admitting the state I'm in. The person I told relatively recently is someone I see pretty much every day, and every time I see her I just think 'You know how much of a mess I'm in, but you don't care enough about me to listen.' And I'm not asking for daily check-ins. I just want to know that if something does go really wrong then I have some support. For christ's sake, she asked me to talk to her, said she was worried and that she cared, and then I told the truth and that was the end of it. And now I have to pretend with her too and it kills because if SHE knows I'm lying, and I know I'm lying, then why the hell do I have to keep doing it when it hurts me so much?
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's very true. It's also hard because I am really, really bad at talking to people and admitting the state I'm in. The person I told relatively recently is someone I see pretty much every day, and every time I see her I just think 'You know how much of a mess I'm in, but you don't care enough about me to listen.' And I'm not asking for daily check-ins. I just want to know that if something does go really wrong then I have some support. For christ's sake, she asked me to talk to her, said she was worried and that she cared, and then I told the truth and that was the end of it. And now I have to pretend with her too and it kills because if SHE knows I'm lying, and I know I'm lying, then why the hell do I have to keep doing it when it hurts me so much?

Its hard finding people you can trust. One person told me he'd be there to support me..blatently didn't know what he was getting himself into, and has ran and bailed..at a really bad time in my life aswell..Yet when he was in a bad way, i was the one that went after him, checked up on him, took him out for a meal to chat..the works. I guess it shows a persons true character really.

you just have to get on with it

who's with me on the goals thing? Or am i alone, i'd atleast like someone to help me with it lol
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
I got put on anti-depressants by my GP yesterday (something beginning with an "a" ) and my doctor doesn't really want me going back to Uni on Monday so I have to choose 1 of 4 options:
1) Go back on Monday anyway
2) Do my Uni work from home for a few weeks until the anti-depressants have kicked in and then decide again what to do
3) Tell the Uni that I'm taking a year out and come back January 2010
4) Leave completely

.....I don't know what to do! Part of me feels like it's giving in if I don't go back. I can't see the point in being at home for 2 weeks, trying to do all my Uni work from home and missing my friends who will all be back too. But I also don't think I can cope with going back either. If I take a year out the majority of my friends will either be on their year abroad this time next year or in their final year, meaning I would have to make new friends - something I find cripplingly difficult - and somewhere new to live. I just want Matt back because I want his advice.....
Hi Katherine, :hugs:

My advice would be to talk to your university about staying at home for a couple of weeks, or however long your doctor recommended, and extending the deadlines for any work you have during that time, so that it doesn't matter if you fall behind too much. That way you can keep your options open about whether or not you want to go back for the rest of the year.

All the best :hugs:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone up?
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone up?
Always :p:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QuantumTheory)
Always :p:

Im going to have a night infront of the fire watching crap tv..i hate sleeping at times, because i always wake up feeling crap
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im going to have a night infront of the fire watching crap tv..i hate sleeping at times, because i always wake up feeling crap
I keep being sleepy. Read my other post in this jolly thread.
Yeah, I've been in front of the fire all night though
I never knew you felt so ******. Huggles!
Jess
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its only been recently it's actually got really bad, being thrown out of a comfort zone..etc..and its all hit me. In reality i've been feeling depressed since around september, it's only now im really feeling it
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: to both of you.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
Hello, I'm back.
Hi Charley, how are you?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Terrified of going back to uni - so much work and revision to finish between now and then. Struggling's an understatement. Going to fail the third year if i don't do all this properly, which will mean no fourth year for me, and come july i'll be totally alone in the world, which will almost definitely put me over the edge. All worked up about the Easter holiday already. Don't know where the hell i'll end up living, but wherever it is will most likely be soul-destroyingly lonely.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads