Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Makes me sick to think I'm going to be living below 0 next year...

Makes me feel how much I'll miss the beach, the sun...

ReputationRep:
    How do you not boil? I think I'm fairly happy inside around 18C, maybe with a jacket, but still. @ Fleur.

Actually, as long as there's a breeze, I don't mind up to 35C out and about. I was in Granada once though, the height of Summer, midday, jumping between the shadows because it was ~40C. Not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canned Door)
    How do you not boil? I think I'm fairly happy inside around 18C, maybe with a jacket, but still. @ Fleur.

Actually, as long as there's a breeze, I don't mind up to 35C out and about. I was in Granada once though, the height of Summer, midday, jumping between the shadows because it was ~40C. Not fun.
    Ditto. ~20C is the optimum. 25C is tolerable but not as nice and it costs you far more.

I cope pretty badly in heat, but it slows everyone down in general. I agree, breezes are good. I was roadbiking in Majorca the other day in roughly 30C, which was fine until you slowed down going up a hill and it hit you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Sounds like they're wild craic :p: I hope Trinity has a better reputable social life than that?
    Trinity? A bit up themselves but yeah much better. (Again just a stereotype.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinolisss)

To be honest, it's much easier to cope with being too cold than being too warm. England in general is pretty reasonable, although it's had its hot moments apparently (I don't live there). Unfortunately, it won't be below 0C on a regular basis for that means snow.

And anyway, beaches are overrated and the sun will still be there, just behind lots of clouds :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leala4628)
    I could have a shot at explaining but there's an enormous chance you might be offended.
    Don't worry. It takes a lot to offend me. Go for it.

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    Christ's have a reputation of being very academically-focussed, to the extent that (apparently) they closed the bar (maybe just closed early I'm not sure) during Easter Term in previous years so that everyone would revise. But last year they kept it open as normal during exams, while at the same time seeing their position in the Tompkins Table fall to 13th, their lowest in recent times. Essentially the (probably inaccurate) stereotype of Christ's students is that they work all the time, don't associate much with other colleges, and don't get out much.
    I've heard rumours of such. I am yet to decide on whether it is a good thing as I enjoy working very hard and then being lazy very hard .The Tompkins table thing was a bit of a shock although I am not that bothered.

I know the colleges all have their stereotypes, hmm. We'll see about the latter sentence..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 为人民服务)
    they were talking about voltair, marquis de sade and rape etc
    Dry your eyes.

(Original post by It could be Lupus)
    Sounds like they're wild craic I hope Trinity has a better reputable social life than that?
    We'll see, we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abstraction98)
    I was roadbiking in Majorca the other day
    I'm getting the feeling you're quite keen on the old bike thing.

I'm enjoying computernerdingout again so much. I've not tried doing anything even vaguely exciting with my computer for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canned Door)
    I'm getting the feeling you're quite keen on the old bike thing.

I'm enjoying computernerdingout again so much. I've not tried doing anything even vaguely exciting with my computer for years.
    No, not really. I just occasionally go out. It's nice and rainy now so I might actually..

Cool. I want to try and get back into programming, write an iphone app and make lots of money. But, that really isn't happening.

ReputationRep:
    On second thoughts, now it's a thunderstorm..

ReputationRep:
    Summer storms~

ReputationRep:
    yeah, exacty. summer weather isn't all sun and fun. the weather during the summer can be filled with severe storms and withering heat. tornadoes, heat illness, hurricanes, and more are all part of summer in many parts of the country.

learning how to avoid the heat and recognising the signs of heat illness could save your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    yeah, exacty. summer weather isn't all sun and fun. the weather during the summer can be filled with severe storms and withering heat. tornadoes, heat illness, hurricanes, and more are all part of summer in many parts of the country.

learning how to avoid the heat and recognising the signs of heat illness could save your life.
    Good to know.

ReputationRep:
    Good to know.
    exactly. we all should be aware that heat and humidity can lead to dehydration and/or a heatstroke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    exactly. we all should be aware that heat and humidity can lead to dehydration and/or a heatstroke.
    Mm

ReputationRep:
    Ditto. ~20C is the optimum. 25C is tolerable but not as nice and it costs you far more.
    We don't have to pay for our central heating because it's school property.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in SO MUCH PAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyroo_g)
    I'm in SO MUCH PAIN.
    Care to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinolisss)

There are still beaches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleurvert)
    Care to elaborate?
    I went in converse yesterday that are too small, so my feet are knackered; my back hurts; my tooth hurts (though I don't think that's anything to do with yesterday. Aaaaagh.

Whinge over.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.