Turn on thread page Beta

University of East Anglia (UEA) Medicine Applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane.Green)
    Hi Guys, I'm Shane, I had my interview on the 12th Jan, was really hoping to get an offer from UEA, and when it came through I was delighted! :woo:

I have already made UEA my firm choice so, if I get the grades, I will be joining you in the class of 2015!!! I'm really nervous about meeting everyone, but really excitied at the thought of being a med student too.

Good luck to all with offers and impending exams, and hopefully I'll see you in September! Those who haven't heard anything and are still waiting, remember the old adage, 'no news is good news'! All the best in getting a place.

Those who have been rejected, I wish you successful in one of your other applications to another UK medical school.

Shane
    Class of 2015? Do you mean 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nushii)
    Class of 2015? Do you mean 2010
    2015 would be the year he graduated. People think of it in different ways. For my year group, some of use consider ourselves as the class of 2006 and others the class of 2011 - just personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    2015 would be the year he graduated. People think of it in different ways. For my year group, some of use consider ourselves as the class of 2006 and others the class of 2011 - just personal preference.
    OH that makes sense now i was rather confused
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Rejected....i thought my interview went quite well ...lol

UEA looks a great place to study ...good luck to the UEA class of 2010

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggy100)
    Rejected....i thought my interview went quite well ...lol

UEA looks a great place to study ...good luck to the UEA class of 2010

xxx

Damn, sorry to hear that Best of luck with the other medical schools!

ReputationRep:
    Aw I got rejected ... I was really upset.

Ahh well, good luck to those of you waiting and congrats the ones with offers.

Hmm.. If I do well in my A-levels, could I apply again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenTeaLeaf)
    Aw I got rejected ... I was really upset.

Ahh well, good luck to those of you waiting and congrats the ones with offers.

Hmm.. If I do well in my A-levels, could I apply again?
    Sorry to hear that.

Here's what the UEA website says about reapplying:
    Previous Applications

Applicants to Medicine at the University of East Anglia will only be considered for two consecutive years. A candidate who wishes to reapply in the future should contact the Admissions office in advance of any reapplication for further advice.

ReputationRep:
    people with offers.....do u have any info on post offer days? i would like to go and check out the accomodations one more time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderfulworld)
    people with offers.....do u have any info on post offer days? i would like to go and check out the accomodations one more time

I don't *think* they have one :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali1991)
    Has anyone not heard back from them yet after interview?
    i havent as yet... have you?
    i called up admissions and they said the last anyone should hear is friday (26th march)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali1991)
    no, when did you call them?
    on friday...

ReputationRep:
    I got a random email from UEA today, informing me that a professor gastroentrologist (sp?) was joining UEA, anyone else get this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    I got a random email from UEA today, informing me that a professor gastroentrologist (sp?) was joining UEA, anyone else get this?
    Weird... I've NOT had an email about this :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Weird... I've NOT had an email about this :p:

They sent me that in an email :awesome:

http://uea.newsweaver.co.uk/1vmpk5e5...ccb?email=true

I wasn't aware how eminent UEA was in medical research, however they seem to be quite big on it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Was that the medicine newsletter thing for applicants? I got one for Pharmacy too (Only with Pharmacy stuff on it obv)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Was that the medicine newsletter thing for applicants? I got one for Pharmacy too (Only with Pharmacy stuff on it obv)
    I think it's probably just gentle persuasion for people deciding which to firm Have you seen the UEA medics introduction on NMM; it such a diverse group, which is awesome .
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think it's probably just gentle persuasion for people deciding which to firm Have you seen the UEA medics introduction on NMM; it such a diverse group, which is awesome .
    Mhm probably. Keeping themselves embedded in your mind :ninja: sneaky tactics :ninja:

And no I haven't. Is that basically everyone going there this year? Just medicine or literally everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Mhm probably. Keeping themselves embedded in your mind :ninja: sneaky tactics :ninja:

And no I haven't. Is that basically everyone going there this year? Just medicine or literally everyone?

Yeah, just medicine. Have a stalk :ninja: http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...tml#post733193
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah, just medicine. Have a stalk :ninja: http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...tml#post733193
    Oooh I just had a stalk, and it does seem very diverse, a real mix of different people

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I created a fb group for the people starting the medical course in 2010. It is quite simple at the moment but feel free to add to it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.