Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "What Film Is This?" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Trying to remember this movie.
    A boy is sitting on a bench in the park with his friend in a rough part of America. His friend gets shot and dies, and the boy stays with his body until the next day/when the police arrive.
    It is quite recent, made in the last 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    Not a film,but a short youtube anime about a girl and a boy who are in love in a future world,and she goes to space and because space years are different they cant communicate?it was ages ago I watched this but it was a really good youtube anime.i seem to recall the boy had a bike and she rode on the back of it?anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a film from when I was younger that I really can't remember.

It begins with a green dragon flying over earth, which then crashes into a plane. The dragons falls to earth and hits an American families garden shed. A brother and sister, around the age of 10, find the dragon in the shed. He's injured and the children go on a journey to find ingredients for a medicine to make him better. To get to these places they have to go through a sort of space station containing a variety of aliens. One of the aliens is a big, red, chubby dragon that is quite scary and chases them. They travel to somewhere in Asia, a visit a temple that they are forbidden to enter. The girl then sings the "Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree" song to distract the guards. Towards the end of the film the dragon gets better and as a result the dragon rewards them. They travel to a deserted place with a tree. The tree grants them one wish and they choose to be able to speak to animals.

Can anyone else remember this?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what this movie is? It's really bugging me..

I think it was a comedy movie maybe from the 80s. I cant remember the general plot just that there was a teenage boy and his sister, and the father was a failing inventor who kept making inventions for the kitchen that kept exploding and stuff like that.not a lot of help I know,its bugging me sooo much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKWxxx)

I think it was a comedy movie maybe from the 80s. I cant remember the general plot just that there was a teenage boy and his sister, and the father was a failing inventor who kept making inventions for the kitchen that kept exploding and stuff like that.not a lot of help I know,its bugging me sooo much though
    Although the children are younger it sounds like Caractacus Potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

ReputationRep:

Sounds a bit like the start of Honey I Shrunk The Kids?

(Original post by aja89)
      I was just about to suggest this. :yep:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nulli tertius)
      Although the children are younger it sounds like Caractacus Potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
      Nope its not this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aja89)
      No its not this,i dont think the father is inventing is the main story its kind of like a side story,and its a teen rom com thing from what I recall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

That sounds very much like the dad from Gremlins, but there's no sister character present in that film, so it can't be that :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
      This has been bugging me for a few days now. There's a film where a woman is telling the story of how her husband got killed and she says she had been feeling unsexy, so he went out to buy her some nice underwear to try to get her in the mood and he got killed on his drive back home, with the underwear still in the car. Any ideas anyone?

ReputationRep:
      Okay so there is this black high-school kid in a rough area in america (New York I think). One day I think him and his mates either go to retrieve a ball that went through a man's apartment window or go to to burgle his apartment, can't remember which.
      Now this is the important part: upon entering the apartment the black kid drops his English workbook. The kid goes to retrieve it the next day to find that the guy in the apartment has marked his work, it turns out that this guy in the apartment is pretty well educated and helps the black kid graduate from high-school.

Anyone know the name of the movie?

ReputationRep:
      Can anyone help me:

I'm looking for the name of a film that I vaguely remember watching. Horror / comedy I think, there's a couple named Mummy and Daddy, Daddy wears a gimp suit?! I think lol. And I remember that some kid was running inside the wall of their house whilst this Daddy character was trying to kill him, literally shooting all the walls. And the boy found another boy in the basment who had had his tongue severed off, so that he couldn't speak?

That's all I remember I think, no idea when I watched it, seems very surreal though, not sure whether it was a comedy or what?

ReputationRep:
      Found it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/

Bloody strange film

ReputationRep:
      Apologies for how vague this will be; I am trying to find a film I watched the best part of 10 years or so ago. It also means that I will miss out MASSIVE parts of the film as I can only remember a couple of details.

In short, this women invents this virtual reality world. A group of people (about 15 or so) sit in a room and test it out.

<stuff happens>

There is all out panic and violence.

<stuff happens>

We come back to the room with everyone taking off their virtual reality goggles but it turns out the women didn't invent them (that was a fiction of the virtual reality). It was actually created by some guy...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by noggins)
      That sounds very much like the dad from Gremlins, but there's no sister character present in that film, so it can't be that :dontknow:
      nope not the gremlins,thank you though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Teaddict)
      Apologies for how vague this will be; I am trying to find a film I watched the best part of 10 years or so ago. It also means that I will miss out MASSIVE parts of the film as I can only remember a couple of details.

In short, this women invents this virtual reality world. A group of people (about 15 or so) sit in a room and test it out.

<stuff happens>

There is all out panic and violence.

<stuff happens>

We come back to the room with everyone taking off their virtual reality goggles but it turns out the women didn't invent them (that was a fiction of the virtual reality). It was actually created by some guy...
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existenz ??

ReputationRep:
      Freedom Writers Just watched this film recently!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chocolate buttons)
      Trying to remember this movie.
      A boy is sitting on a bench in the park with his friend in a rough part of America. His friend gets shot and dies, and the boy stays with his body until the next day/when the police arrive.
      It is quite recent, made in the last 10 years.
      Freedom Writers Just watched this recently!

ReputationRep:
      Holy crap that's it!! How you managed that from the minimal details I have you is incredible. Thank you. I would rep you but it won't let me.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.