Report 8 years ago
How can halls not have wifi? :fuhrer:
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mo-Amin)
Tannery was my favourite but too pricey for me... Henry Price I think it was is a close second but the toilet-sharing thing put me off - wouldn't like having a sink in my room too...

Clarence Dock is my all-round favourite. The rooms and kitchen were good enough, en-suite's cool especially for 95/96 quid! I don't mind the distance from the uni, I'll probably get a bus pass but also walk a fair bit of the time too tbh.
It felt like it's own community, very chilled out - unlike Leodis which felt unsettlingly remote, like Sandford from Hot Fuzz haha.

Me likeyyyy
this - CD was an all rounder (other than location) and has a better community feel
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by -Christabel-)
haha yh you do sound really hyped up, and nooo i just ruled henry price out, and now you've put t back in the running :confused: im soo confused right now

and you've actually raised some really good points, the reason I was put off HP was cos of the fact the bathrooms were shared, but it is only 1 other person, do the bathroom have access from both bedrooms? cos i don't fancy the idea of my room mate walkin in on me showering lol
Haha, i think its because i didn't actually have that in mind and i just went there cause i had time to waste and it really surprised me, i loved it and i know people said they would want to be off campus but i just keep thinking of when its raining and snowing and buses are delayed i would rather be near to everything just in case and i think it'll be really sociable since there's 3 other sites around us!

Yeah you can walk through the shower into the other persons bedroom but if you opened the door you cant see the other person unless you open the shower screen door and pop your head round and if you hear the shower you wont open the shower sliding door haha and I'm sure if you pick to share with boys and girls they will put you to share with a girl, plus you have a lock on your door so no one can actually get in your room when your out!
Mo-Amin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
this - CD was an all rounder (other than location) and has a better community feel
See you there ;P
-Christabel-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by laura2701)
Yeah there wasn't much storage space in Leodis just a wardrobe and under the bed I think, I didn't see clarence dock because of distance so can't comment on that one, you have ages to decided anyway so take ya time!x
i will do
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
:crossedf:

I wish. No, really, I do. I'm going to sound like im so academic if this carries on. :rofl2: I don't think it's like that although I can see why that impression's given off. Apparently it attracts 'rahs' - well, you do find rahs there but you'll find them in plenty of places. I'm sure you get normal people too. :tongue: A few of the students I met were at DH and they liked it - two of them were rugby fanatics, both of which mentioned partying and walking into lectures with a hangover aplenty. :tongue:

I know you don't really like DH but I tried? Right? Maybe? :puppyeyes:
Haha, you liked the traditional teaching method too. You're a big geek aren't you? :hmmm: i just heard this stuck up girl from my college is in CD as well so hopefully not too many of those. The few i talked to were nice. You did, twas convincing but it was down to taste . I love you still, lol. And it'd be cool having friends in different accommodation too
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mo-Amin)
See you there ;P
:yep: hopefully. Think it was the most secure too
RJW193
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sooo is anyone else thinking about Devonshire?
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Haha, you liked the traditional teaching method too. You're a big geek aren't you? :hmmm: i just heard this stuck up girl from my college is in CD as well so hopefully not too many of those. The few i talked to were nice. You did, twas convincing but it was down to taste . I love you still, lol. And it'd be cool having friends in different accommodation too
I did. Perfect course structure. :love: But no, I'm not. :emo: Okay, I can be but not really. :emo: I evidently wasn't at A2 even though I should've been but still. :emo:

Aha, see! You get them everywhaaaar! You get all sorts everywhere though I suspect. But, alas, it does come down to taste unfortunately. And in this case, out taste clashed.

Spoiler:
Show
Mind, I can think of other places where what we taste won't be the same.
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RJW193)
sooo is anyone else thinking about Devonshire?
YES!

ARE YA ARE YA?! :gah:
RJW193
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
YES!

ARE YA ARE YA?! :gah:
YAY YAY yeehh i am!! I really liked it, i'm glad i'm not alone, catered or self-catered?!
Mask Of Sanity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RJW193)
YAY YAY yeehh i am!! I really liked it, i'm glad i'm not alone, catered or self-catered?!
If I go for DH, self catered most likely! Yourself?

I'm glad I'm not the only one either! :awesome:
RJW193
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I go for DH, self catered most likely! Yourself?

I'm glad I'm not the only one either! :awesome:
yep self catered too :bigsmile:, the rooms were really nice and the kitchen was HUGE compared to the other ones i went to. I liked North Hill Court aswell but i think it might be too small and that puts me off a bit, where else are you looking at?
Ami34
Report 8 years ago
I've been to look around today (Henry Price, Leodis and Montague Burton) . I applied for Leodis at first but then changed to Montague Burton but I'm still not sure about it. I chose to switch it because it was cheaper and the environment was prettier but Leodis does have a common room and ensuite. Has anyone got any opinions on Montague Burton/Leodis?
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh f***.

I thought, y'know, coming home from a ten hour shift, after slipping into my Pj's and munching on my dinner with a Rolo yoghurt as a dessert, that I could then log into TSR and see that my favourite choice for accom could be backed up by everyone on the accom thread.

My night is ruined.

Now I am even more confused and unsure than I was before....

...maybe I need another Rolo yoghurt...yeah.
ohhelloruth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
Haha, i think its because i didn't actually have that in mind and i just went there cause i had time to waste and it really surprised me, i loved it and i know people said they would want to be off campus but i just keep thinking of when its raining and snowing and buses are delayed i would rather be near to everything just in case and i think it'll be really sociable since there's 3 other sites around us!

Yeah you can walk through the shower into the other persons bedroom but if you opened the door you cant see the other person unless you open the shower screen door and pop your head round and if you hear the shower you wont open the shower sliding door haha and I'm sure if you pick to share with boys and girls they will put you to share with a girl, plus you have a lock on your door so no one can actually get in your room when your out!
ive heard the Henry price bathrooms are seriously small and if you have a shower the toilet area all gets wet and then you get wet feet if you need the loo after someones showered..

is this true?
ohhelloruth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by -Christabel-)
No I couldn't go , its too much of a trek for me to go to leeds twice in 2 weeks
(I live in north kent, just outside london), i went 2 the visit day recently and was only shown henry price, so I'm trying to gather as much information as possible about the other accommodations to build up a picture

what did you think about james bailie park?

Can I ask what are you looking for in your future accommodation, cos obviously everyone's opinion of the accommodation will differ depending on what they want
i visited my friend at James Baillie and she was going on about how amazing it was and how good location near headingly etc etcc. and what i saw of it was great! the kitchen is decent, her room was hugeee, but i think some can be smaller. parking if you want to bring a car.. it seemed perfect!
ohhelloruth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
henry price or james baillie? ADVICE?
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ohhelloruth)
ive heard the Henry price bathrooms are seriously small and if you have a shower the toilet area all gets wet and then you get wet feet if you need the loo after someones showered..

is this true?
I'm not entirely sure the toilet was in the shower area, but I'm sure you could buy like a waterproof mat so near the toilet didn't get wet or a specific towel/cloth to dry if after you've showered.. I'm not to sure about that one haha i wouldn't see it as being a problem though! If you both shower in the morning and don't come back home til the afternoon it would probably dry out
ohhelloruth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
I'm not entirely sure the toilet was in the shower area, but I'm sure you could buy like a waterproof mat so the near the toilet didn't get wet or a specific towel/cloth to dry if after you've showered.. I'm not to sure about that one haha i wouldn't see it as being a problem though! If you both shower in the morning and don't come back home til the afternoon it would probably dry out
yeah thats the only thing puutting me off about HP. the bathroom,. the rest of it was great, like 9 people in a flat etccc.
i think im inclined to go for James Baillie, but im scared im gonna get shoved in bodington if i dondt get it! arghh decisions.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads