POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
oHellno
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did they collect enough solid evidence before they chucked him into the sea?
mevidek
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stephhcharlene)
Thing is.. there is no evidence. The US personnel threw him in the sea! We have no actual proof...
and even if it is real, this is BAD news! What about his followers that are still out there? They are going to hear this news and they won't exactly be rejoicing about it!! Sorry to be all deterministic but in reality? What are they now going to do? Revenge on the US? Quite plausible.
we actually do. Here is a photo of him (dead), but also quite graphic:

So next time you try to prove most of the world wrong, back up your claims.

As for what you were saying about revenge, I agree.
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchild007)
I'm just in a WTF state-of-mind right now; what will the implications be? Good, bad?

Is Obama a dead-cert for 2012 now (I don't think so in my opinion)? Crowds have gathered rather quickly in front of the White House and the Twin Tower sites too; rightly, I assume it shall be quite a jovial atmosphere in the US today...
I think Obama has definitely improved his chances for 2012, whether he wins depends on what he does between now and 2012.
HyperInSugar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Annie72)
I still think the World needs concrete evidence of him being dead though!.
Agreed on that.

I still think that it would only make make things even worse. He has been in the run for years, so it's more than likely that other leaders of al qaeda have replaced him.
*Hakz*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Even though I totally despise terrorism, I think Bin Laden was a legend.

May Allah grant him a place in Junnah.

I really don't know why people are doubting the reliability of what's happened. It is safe to say that the man is dead. Some people probably don't realise that he worked for the CIA before in his lifetime.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mevidek)

lonelykatana
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There have already been 2 threads, official statements from the US government and many news reports that the image you just posted is in fact fake.
Considering the US government killed him, Imma take their word on this.
mellie220
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not sure if I quite believe it, taking the US's word for it isn't exactly the most reliable source...
Mind you, if they wanted to lie I'm sure they wouldn't have waited almost 10 years.
The Dynamic Uno
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It's a fake

SamHey789
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Yep, saw a quick 'update' on NY times.
Seems strange given the amount of 'he's probably dead' comments made by various people over the years, shall have to wait and see the story.

________________________________ ________________________________ _________

Edit: Killed by ground firefight in pakistan, no americans injured, body taken.

Appropriate jokes.

'Well then.. Perhaps Osama shouldn't have used his real name and address when making his PSN account'.

'He still holds the world championship for hide and seek'

'The Osama news overtook tonight's episode of The Apprentice. Well played, Obama.'

'Donald Trump is already demanding to see Osama bin Laden's long form death certificate'

Wanna see fox news late reaction?
Spoiler:
Show

oh nice one Fox
POWW!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's gonna be one of the worst day ever, so many things are gonna lead on from this.
Al-Qaeda leader is dead----> so they're gonna seek vengence---->More people dying (Muslim and American)----->It's like a huge multiplier effect. Nothing good came from this.
Sicherlich.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't believe he's dead, until al-Qaeda announces it themselves and celebrates his "martyrdom".
s.e.r.e.n.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For someone with a relative who was killed on Sept 11, I am pleased to see that justice has been served to Bin Laden.
JGR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

That pic is a fake from over a year ago. The US government have had to point that out to a few local channels already.
Doesn't help that a few channels over there broadcast it too.
tehsponge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He was a horrible person, but I can't help but feel a little unsettled by the mass celebration of death. Violence breeds violence. Its not surprising we have maniacs like him when most of society is based on violence.
s_libra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't believe it! It seems weird I mean think about it when they found saddam did they kill him on the spot? No they executed him for the whole world to see there power! And know you expect me to believe they found him killed him and buried him at sea! Does this seem like the American way to do it? Erm NO! No pictures/videos nothing no concrete proof and the whole worlds just believing that his dead!

I mean It's been 10 years and they've got nothing except killing loads of innocent lives they needed something to make them look good! Also the election is next year right? Will this not look good for him, No secret all American's hate Bin-Laden and since Obama killed him won't they be more likely to vote for him?
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
knowyourmeme won't load for me :sad:
Diffusion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wonder why the Taliban didn't react early on...my thoughts are with the people of Pakistan who will suffer as a result as the Taliban has promised increased terrorist attacks. This war on the innocents is going to get even bloodier. Someone will replace him with even more vengance.
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by s_libra)
I don't believe it! It seems weird I mean think about it when they found saddam did they kill him on the spot? No they executed him for the whole world to see there power! And know you expect me to believe they found him killed him and buried him at sea! Does this seem like the American way to do it? Erm NO! No pictures/videos nothing no concrete proof and the whole worlds just believing that his dead!

I mean It's been 10 years and they've got nothing except killing loads of innocent lives they needed something to make them look good! Also the election is next year right? Will this not look good for him, No secret all American's hate Bin-Laden and since Obama killed him won't they be more likely to vote for him?
Er hello, if Osama wasn't actually killed and still alive couldn't he just release a new video stating so? Why would the US leave themselves that open to looking like idiots?
Panda Vinnie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, I'm in a state of shock.

Only woke up, had so many texts on my phone telling me to check the news Osama is dead!

This is so much to take in, it's a moral victory against terror. Practically though it's not so significant as he's merely the face of Al-Qaeda, the fight will go on and wouldn't be surprised if the terrorists retaliate in anger now.

But justice has been served!

I will be needing photographic evidence of the raid and Osama though, after all it is the American government...I don't trust them blindingly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.25%
No - but I will (74)
7.49%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (477)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise