Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    you think elwilson has been using fair means? you are more naive that i thought:rolleyes:

i knew when Dhesi coaxed me into this, just how damaging it would be to my chances of making french rep. it would have been much easier to back down and apologise. but my principles dictate that i will stick by what i did because it was in no way contravening the rules of the MUN and although morally questionable, perfectly acceptable.
    Although ElWilson may not having been using fair means, you have nothing to say that he isn't, and this is a discussion about your means, not about his.

So, your morals include bribery, corruption and cheating do they?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps to make this issue clear the new SG could have it written in the MUN rules that offering rep for votes is not allowed

ReputationRep:
    Well you've been openly admitting and defending "your" actions for the past 3/4 pages now, two witnesses, highly suspicious signature which I quoted and explained earlier to which you didn't object to - all you said was "she told me to do it". Other than that, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, everyone back down ONE minute. We can not dicate to each other morals, no matter who is right or wrong, but everyone squabbling about it isn't helping your arugement. I'll say in my own opinion, since we are a Model UN and in the Real UN bribery is an offence, then so it it here, and anyone who has evidence of such bribery should inform the SG insted of taking a few rounds in a internet forum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Although ElWilson may not having been using fair means, you have nothing to say that he isn't, and this is a discussion about your means, not about his.

So, your morals include bribery, corruption and cheating do they?
    and do you have an ounce of evidence to conclusively prove that i have been bribing MUNers? no, were it not for my clear admittance you would be stumped as to whther the accusations were true. this is actually a discussion about corruption and bribers not my "means".

what my morals include and what i am willing to resort to in order to achieve a mior role in a minor MUN in a rather large forum are two different things. what you have failed to grasp is that i was so quick to resort to bribery because i couldnt be arsed with doing it the long way and building connections with other MUNers that would prove useful, not as some of you seem to think, as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    Well you've been openly admitting and defending "your" actions for the past 3/4 pages now, two witnesses, highly suspicious signature which I quoted and explained earlier to which you didn't object to - all you said was "she told me to do it". Other than that, nothing.
    so nothing conclusive then? everything you have said is circumstantial, the same stuff against another candidate would not wash, unless he admitted it, like i have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    Perhaps to make this issue clear the new SG could have it written in the MUN rules that offering rep for votes is not allowed
    precisely. when you are SG nightowl, then you can take a more hardline approach on it, but the elections are not over yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    and do you have an ounce of evidence to conclusively prove that i have been bribing MUNers? no, were it not for my clear admittance you would be stumped as to whther the accusations were true. this is actually a discussion about corruption and bribers not my "means".

what my morals include and what i am willing to resort to in order to achieve a mior role in a minor MUN in a rather large forum are two different things. what you have failed to grasp is that i was so quick to resort to bribery because i couldnt be arsed with doing it the long way and building connections with other MUNers that would prove useful, not as some of you seem to think, as a last resort.
    If you really wish to put down the MUN and call it minor, please leave. If you can't be bothered to do things the correct way, don't bother with them at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    so nothing conclusive then? everything you have said is circumstantial, the same stuff against another candidate would not wash, unless he admitted it, like i have done.
    You've admitted it - I wouldn't say it's 'circumstantial'

ReputationRep:
    I think two witnesses would wash, actually.

Look nothing is going to get sorted like this lets just wait for Agent Smith to come online and give the final word, which we should all respect. It does say that in the MUN rules.

ReputationRep:
    If you really wish to put down the MUN and call it minor, please leave. If you can't be bothered to do things the correct way, don't bother with them at all.
    this MUN is minor, relatively. face up to it, asking me to leave wont make the issue go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    I think two witnesses would wash, actually.

Look nothing is going to get sorted like this lets just wait for Agent Smith to come online and give the final word, which we should all respect. It does say that in the MUN rules.
    there is also nothing in the MUN rules, to date regarding this matter. if new legislation is required it is applicable to all future cases, not this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    this MUN is minor, relatively. face up to it, asking me to leave wont make the issue go away.
    Yes, it's minor, but as a part of it, you need to treat it like you can be bothered with it. Asking you to leave, I hope you'll leave, and then the issue will be sorted.

I am saying no more on this matter until Agent Smith arrives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    there is also nothing in the MUN rules, to date regarding this matter. if new legislation is required it is applicable to all future cases, not this one.
    I was referring to the "respect the SG decision" part of my post.

I will also have no further part to play in this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    If necessary I can also give evidence of bribery from 6+6=6

ReputationRep:
    I necessary I can also give evidence of bribery from 6+6=6
    If you have a problem with a representative, PM Agent Smith and take it through that channel, as it says in the MUN rules.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's minor, but as a part of it, you need to treat it like you can be bothered with it. Asking you to leave, I hope you'll leave, and then the issue will be sorted.

I am saying no more on this matter until Agent Smith arrives.
    whether i can be "bothered" is not the issue at hand. asking me to leave, stems from your inferiority elsewhere in this forum, where you had to run with your tail between your legs.

ReputationRep:
    I necessary I can also give evidence of bribery from 6+6=6
    of course you can, at this point i have already openly admitted it, yet nothing can be done about it because i ahve in no way broken the rules. if this means the rules need to be changed, then so be it, but you giving evidence is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Bribery isn't looked upon great anywhere in TSR not just in MUN. I think it would fall under abusing the Reputations System.

ReputationRep:
    6+6=6 If you don't think Bribery is an issue, then don't, but since I'm pretty sure the rest of the GA do then be prepared to face whatever concequence they see fit. I don't care if it isn't in the rules right now, In mine, and pretty much everyone elses opinion, it is cheating.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.