Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I hate to say this, but so far I haven't been all that impressed with the entire series. It's just kind of like.. get attacked, talk to monster, all good. And I don't like that.
    Am I getting confused or was the entire universe wiped so that they don't remember who the Doctor is? If so, then why would talking to them help? They would just assume that he is some guy who can talk very quickly.

Also, even if it hasn't been wiped it is a little bit of a stretch that the entire universe knows exactly who he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Am I getting confused or was the entire universe wiped so that they don't remember who the Doctor is? If so, then why would talking to them help? They would just assume that he is some guy who can talk very quickly.

Also, even if it hasn't been wiped it is a little bit of a stretch that the entire universe knows exactly who he is.
    Not the universe, just the Dalek's hive memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Not the universe, just the Dalek's hive memory.
    Thought I was wrong :yep:

Tbph if I was some sort of giant monster and the Doctor started threatening me with 'talk' I would just kill him - unless the sonic wand gets a new incantation of course :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Am I the only one not really all that bothered about the look of today's Doctor Who episode?
    Ghosts have been done before and I didn't like it much either... =l
    I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. It looks reasonably spooky and slightly reminiscent of The Woman In Black.

ReputationRep:
    Tonights episode looks scary, I don't know how I'm going to watch it, still get scared watching the WW2 ones and the Silence episodes, especially that bit in the foster home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D4rth)
    Tonights episode looks scary, I don't know how I'm going to watch it, still get scared watching the WW2 ones and the Silence episodes, especially that bit in the foster home.
    But it's a good thing, isn't it? I recall being scared during most of the 'spooky' episodes from the RTD era, and I trust my memory as I actually started watching DW two months ago. And since I've started sixth series I was 'meh', so being scared again would be pretty amusing. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D4rth)
    The scariest episode for me (if you count Doctor Who as scary) would probably be "The Empty Child" episode.
    That and the first episode with The Weeping Angels. =l

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor's name is

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Master
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah I hope I am scared. I've been scared at Empty Child, Blink, Silence in Library/Forest of Dead, Midnight and Water on Mars, so not for a while. Would definitely be nice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping tonight's episode will not be a disappointment like the last 2 were. If it's even half as scary as Blink or The Empty Child were then I'll be happy

ReputationRep:
    My Short Review Of The first 3 eps;

1. 6.5/10
    2. 3/10
    3. 5.5(maybe 6)/10 - Simply because I thought it would be worse than it was.

ReputationRep:
    Scared! What a bunch of wets you are.

With that said the Weeping Angels have probably got me closest.

ReputationRep:
    Deciding to fly in blind and not even look at the description/synopsis for tonights episode, not having any idea what's in it might ease the disappointment a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Deciding to fly in blind and not even look at the description/synopsis for tonights episode, not having any idea what's in it might ease the disappointment a bit.
    From what I can see, you will probably be disappointed...

ReputationRep:
    Very meh up to now :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I am nowhere near as excited about Doctor Who being on these days as I used to be :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    I am nowhere near as excited about Doctor Who being on these days as I used to be :|
    I have a feeling that this is a good episode but I really just cannot get into it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I love this episode!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got far more into the second half and that ended up pretty good indeed.

Did not enjoy Cara flying the TARDIS though

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am watching this now because I had to have dinner and as such am watching it on replay on iPlayer.

What I have noticed;

Whisky is the 11th most disgusting thing ever invented

I am deducing the ghost may be the remnants of something left over from the battle of Canary Wharf back where Rose was and where she fell.

She could also perhaps be someone who was travelling in time and somehow got stuck meaning that she is in the middle and trying to obtain help. Timelords have a certain degree of psychic ability and also, the ghost only appears when there is a psychic present.
    Pure speculation as to where we I am at the moment in the episode. =l
    Don't know if I am right or wrong (probably wrong), however, what I managed to guess.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.