Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hudsonxoxo)
    Ahh the thought of those subjects actually scares me, English lit, English Language and Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be far more scary! I can barely cope with writing sentences that make any sense, let alone essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Spend 1-2 hrs reading the content for Physics, and then 1 hr revising it all (by writing it down from memory or saying it out loud), it's a very effective way to remember a lot of information.
    Thanks, that would help if I was doing Physics .

ReputationRep:
    No problem. I'm assuming you have A2 mock exams in January? How is the revision going?
    Lol pretty much stuffed my face and watched movies all of the 2 weeks holidays. So not so good just really demotivated to do anything. First mock which is Maths is on Monday and I'm starting tomorrow XD. Will probably no life it for the next 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    8 hours - A-Levels are easy, try doing a degree in Chinese (and French with a Spanish elective). Oh Languages!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spend 1-2 hrs reading the content for Physics, and then 1 hr revising it all (by writing it down from memory or saying it out loud), it's a very effective way to remember a lot of information.
    Thanks- physics I'm fine on tbh, it's just further maths that I don't understand a word of. That said, I think I'm now alrightish on all but the last part of the first four out of seven chapters, so it's getting there What other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing anything from 2 to 5 hours, depending on my motivation, which doesn't seem like a lot now I'm typing it haha! I'm getting through it though, thank god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths and the Extended Project (By the way, I don't do Physics lol, but I found that by reading 1 hr and then revising it, you remember the information very, very effectively)
    Cool, I dropped chemistry after AS so I'm always impressed with people that can actually cope with it! What exam board are you on for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For about a week or less straight, i did 5 hours a day because i have mock exams after the Winter Holidays. I did it by doing 1 hour revision per topic and 1 hour break. The topics only cover like 2 pages on average, and i just condense all the info so it fits on one paper, so 1 hour seems like a lot of time, that's the key, give yourself a huge amount of time to do a little thing, it'll make it easier, and some people say revise an hour then take a 15 min break... i think that's absolutely crazy! How can you work for a whole hour and only get a 15 min break, that is not enough time for me to recharge and actually have the willpower to get back up and revise
    There's a saying "Work hard, play hard", basically means, however much you work, that's however much you play
    Therefore, if i'm going to work for an hour, i'm going to rest for an hour!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Edexcel ,
    Damn, I was hoping to find someone that did AQA as no-one on here seems to

And now for some physics definitions...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys revise for psychology? I've only done 2 similar pages today

I can't revise for psychology because the text book doesn't contain images for visual memory - my memory is shocking without linking something to visual memory. Unlike biology/history, for me, it's harder to remember. So I decided to draw whatever image comes to mind whilst I'm reading the book...

So far so good, just a very slow process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'd say anything less than 9 is pretty pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeemzBeamz)

I can't revise for psychology because the text book doesn't contain images for visual memory - my memory is shocking without linking something to visual memory. Unlike biology/history, for me, it's harder to remember. So I decided to draw whatever image comes to mind whilst I'm reading the book...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I do this! Write it out and draw little pictures underneath to help me remember.
    I've also just been writing down everything about one study on an A4 piece of paper, using colours to highlight important words/numbers, because sometimes you just have to remember numbers and there's not many ways I can think of trying to do that other than writing them out using colourful pens and keep going over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, it looks like I'm going to be awake until 3am trying to re-cap the content in History!! Anyone care to join me, , I mean, any subject revising, come on, it's holidays it's better to just stay awake and study it (that is if you're not an early morning person)
    Are you AS or A2? and what exam board may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bought these two books for my A2 psychology, they are amazing!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Supp...ion+psychology

Is someone I use for one of my psychology topics. If you are in AS there are some of them there too. Has amazing detail BUT it's very clear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)

Is someone I use for one of my psychology topics. If you are in AS there are some of them there too. Has amazing detail BUT it's very clear!

I have the A2 Exam Companion which isn't really that great, really don't want to spend more money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)

Thank you I'm in A2 if you're wondering. Again thanks so much, I read the companion book for A2 but I didn't find it as good as the AS version. This will probably be of more use. Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'm in A2 if you're wondering. Again thanks so much, I read the companion book for A2 but I didn't find it as good as the AS version. This will probably be of more use. Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's alright

(Original post by ih094)
    I have the A2 Exam Companion which isn't really that great, really don't want to spend more money...
    These books are really worth the money in my opinion. For example extra clear evaluative points which you can't find in the main book + A grade exam answers for each question

ReputationRep:
    I only do about 2-3 hours of revision a day :eek: Got 4 exams in January
    Ethics (resit)
    History HY1 (resit)
    Biology BY2 (resit)
    Biology BY4 (A2)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, the books that we use for learning Psych are really good in terms of visual-I often find myself reading ahead because they're so interesting.

This is the A2 book: http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...ology/8946046/

They are quite expensive...but worth the price if you really need visual aids for learning.

ReputationRep:
    School starts in 2 days and I'm starting my work today so it's 6 hours today for me and 4 hours tmo, do not leave things to the last minute! I swear I never learn *sigh* (I'm lazy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.