Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Augustino)
    I got unoconditional Medical Sciences and I'm gonna live at Ewing House at Pollock Halls. Is anyone here as well?
    I'm in Grant house which I think is pretty close by See you in the canteen :L Haa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireRenzo)
    I haven't heard anything about a form/photo.
    I received an email from the accommodation services but it was completely blank Could that be it?
    No - registration form will come from Registry.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is extra money or bursaries available for students achieving A*'s at Alevel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Milburn)
    Does anyone know if there is extra money or bursaries available for students achieving A*'s at Alevel?
    There's the odd pot of money kicking around the sciences based on academic merit, but the vast majority of funding offered to undergraduates at Edinburgh is needs-based. You tend to find universities offering scholarships based on school exam results to try and attract a better class of student to their institution - unsurprisingly, Edinburgh doesn't have any difficulty appealing to students and you'll find that an awful lot of students are high scorers - therefore, no extra cash. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Regarding freshers' week, does anybody know if having a pass affects your chances of getting in if an event is busy? And if you don't get one do you just pay for everything at the door?

Plus, I'm going on holiday next Sunday, so if I don't get offered accommodation next week I'll have to contact them. If it comes through when I'm on holiday I won't have access to the internet to accept...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireRenzo)
    I'm in Grant house which I think is pretty close by See you in the canteen :L Haa
    If you haven't yet, you could join the official facebook group for Grant House, I study applied maths, what is your degree ?

ReputationRep:
    anyone in ewing? Im in 204, from manchester UK and will be studying international relations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mountain Man)
    Regarding freshers' week, does anybody know if having a pass affects your chances of getting in if an event is busy? And if you don't get one do you just pay for everything at the door?

Plus, I'm going on holiday next Sunday, so if I don't get offered accommodation next week I'll have to contact them. If it comes through when I'm on holiday I won't have access to the internet to accept...
    As far as I've heard the Freshers Pass doesn't offer earlier or preferred entry - it would still be first come, first served and door policy. And if you don't want it you'll pay at the door, I'd presume.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my place confirmed for chem eng.and i dont know literally anything , where i will be living and where is the university located , have never been to Scotland...
    Will I be sent some type of joining instructions ?
    And how do I find out which accommodation I was given ?
    And is it okay not to attend the freshers week ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arina162)
    As far as I've heard the Freshers Pass doesn't offer earlier or preferred entry - it would still be first come, first served and door policy. And if you don't want it you'll pay at the door, I'd presume.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, thank you in that case I probably won't bother with one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephX12321)
    anyone in ewing? Im in 204, from manchester UK and will be studying international relations

I am! In 430 studying Spanish, French and business!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Opasniipocik)
    I got my place confirmed for chem eng.and i dont know literally anything , where i will be living and where is the university located , have never been to Scotland...
    Will I be sent some type of joining instructions ?
    And how do I find out which accommodation I was given ?
    And is it okay not to attend the freshers week ?
    Thanks
    University locations can all be found on the website! You're either going to be located near George Square or the King's Buildings, most likely. Boom! Everything here.

You should have been sent a login for EASE/EUCLID - sign up and check your e-mail on myEd? You might have something there. My college sent me a joining pack - I don't know if it's the same elsewhere.

If you've applied for accommodation, then that'll all be dealt with on MyEd, too! There's an 'accommodation' tab, and your info will be under there, and you'll have the chance to accept your offer.

You don't need to attend fresher's week, but the move-in date for accommodation is the weekend that fresher's begins, so you might as well!

ReputationRep:
    on the matriculation forms, the last page has all our qualifications on it, do we have to fill in the schools that they were gained at? its all blank on my sheet, so im not sure

ReputationRep:
    Anybody in turner house, pollock halls?

ReputationRep:
    Kincaid's Court anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pera)
    I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pera)
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Lee house at Pollocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariucell)
    If you haven't yet, you could join the official facebook group for Grant House, I study applied maths, what is your degree ?
    Yeah I did yesterday Are you in Grant too then? And I'll be studying architecture

ReputationRep:
    So, is there anyone at David Horn House?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.