Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Lol just noticed, that I have said that the "skin was made of skin". I meant keratin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, yh
    Did you guys notice - no graph questions! Or maybe I cant remember questions now O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, yh
    Did you guys notice - no graph questions! Or maybe I cant remember questions now O.o
    I am pretty sure there was no data analysis questions, except for the question regarding the single celled chloroplast species, and the different abiotic factors.

For that question did you pick, that "There was a relationship between the distribution of the species, and both the abiotic factors" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    I am pretty sure there was no data analysis questions, except for the question regarding the single celled chloroplast species, and the different abiotic factors.

For that question did you pick, that "There was a relationship between the distribution of the species, and both the abiotic factors" ?
    Yepp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I was right to think no graph questions

Which question that? can't remember. Is it the one about moisture and light intensity?
    If that's what you are talking about, I put more affected by moisture presence because I noticed if the moisture was less, the presence was low too

ReputationRep:
    I think the A boundary will be 68/90!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    Yepp
    Cool, because I put that too. It was the last question I did actually, and at first I thought there was no relationship. But then I noticed that the distribution values were jumbled up. Got there in the end.

For the very first question. I don't remember it well, but it was about the organelles not found in prokaryotic cells.

I selected "Nucleus and Chloroplast"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Cool, because I put that too. It was the last question I did actually, and at first I thought there was no relationship. But then I noticed that the distribution values were jumbled up. Got there in the end.

For the very first question. I don't remember it well, but it was about the organelles not found in prokaryotic cells.

I selected "Nucleus and Chloroplast"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

So I was right to think no graph questions

Which question that? can't remember. Is it the one about moisture and light intensity?
    If that's what you are talking about, I put more affected by moisture presence because I noticed if the moisture was less, the presence was low too
    Yeah that question. Too my eyes it felt like that both were affected by the abiotic factors. I dunno :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Yeah that question. Too my eyes it felt like that both were affected by the abiotic factors. I dunno :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh. I think I've got it wrong then :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    If the enzymes were not reverse transcriptase and integrase, what could they have been then?
    The question didnt ask what they were, it asked for you to suggest what they do...
    You needed to say they aid in the translation and transcription of the viral RNA so new viruses could be replicated.
    I doubt there will be any marks for naming enzymes!

ReputationRep:
    2 questions- how many marks for 1st question on genetically identical- I thought 2 so only put cell division- mitosis- asexual reproduction... But now I'm doubting myself like every other question!
    Also- for biotic factor- I put food availability?! WHYYY.. This can't be right can it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue21)
    That sounds like a pretty good answer, it was just suggest so I'm hoping if we talked about any part of the cell membrane we will get the mark, I started rambling on about the phospholipid bi layer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I talked about how it lowered the activation energy required to break the bonds between the phospholipids in the cell membrane... i sorta guessed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELB141)
    2 questions- how many marks for 1st question on genetically identical- I thought 2 so only put cell division- mitosis- asexual reproduction... But now I'm doubting myself like every other question!
    Also- for biotic factor- I put food availability?! WHYYY.. This can't be right can it?
    I think it was two or three marks for the mitosis question... not sure.
    But the biotic factor... the cells were photosynthetic weren't they? So they make their own food? I said about competition for water from other organisms, not sure though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benyp7)
    I think it was two or three marks for the mitosis question... not sure.
    But the biotic factor... the cells were photosynthetic weren't they? So they make their own food? I said about competition for water from other organisms, not sure though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said competition for nutrients from other species.... :/ wasn't it two mark qs?

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to remember what the topics were for each question, could anyone help me out?

2. Photosynthesis?
    3. NPP/GPP and Carbon Cycle
    7. DNA and pathogens
    8. Species, reproductive isolation - Chiffchaffs and Warblers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I said competition for nutrients from other species.... :/ wasn't it two mark qs?
    Yeah pretty much the same as me then, i think so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy7)
    I think the A boundary will be 68/90!
    impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benyp7)
    Yeah pretty much the same as me then, i think so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, hopefully it won't be that bad. There are generous examiers out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, hopefully it won't be that bad. There are generous examiers out there
    I remember doing a past paper and there was the same question for two marks - two of the marks were 1) skin acts as a physical barrier and 2) skin flora outcompetes pathogenic bacteria for nutrients/space/etc. There will probably be other points to get marks like others have mentioned, you have most likely got 2/2 marks on that question though I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get stuck on the photsynthesis question, where it had the picture of the leaf.. can't remember the question but what were the answers to those two?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.