Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NLoR)
    Very unlikely in all honesty...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well i did find out that the speed of Q was 0 by doing the simultaneous equation correctly and correctly worked out the speed of R, but with e in the equation... I hope that is gonna be at least 4 or 5 / 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coral Reafs)
    jus checked arseys mark scheme, worst case scenario for me is 52/75.

so long A in further maths, A in S2 has gone to waste now...

lost my spirit for fp1 on monday, dont even know if i can do well enough in fp1 to get B or A in fm.
    Where is his MS? The link posted in a previous page displays an error

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i know bro, i did like 21 past papers, and now after this paper, i felt like i could have got away with doing 2 or 3 past papers the night before, cos its not like any more work would have obtained me any more marks...
    Worst feeling in the world
    What makes it even more difficult to accept is some people at school doing less work but i have a feeling they've done better...i panicked so much in that exam yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    here it is again - if it says error again i dont know whats going on

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2374909&page=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...8&d=1370559871

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NLoR)
    Worst feeling in the world
    What makes it even more difficult to accept is some people at school doing less work but i have a feeling they've done better...i panicked so much in that exam yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww man dont even get me started on ppl who did less work. i would just start to flame on those ppl, but in the end they probs ended up keeping their cool, unlike us...

it probs wont even affect them much. Like, person in my class has 96 in s2, and doesnt even need FM as part of their uni offer. so even if they get 64 in this, getting an 80 in fp1 would be enough...

im so annoyed right now. :/

ReputationRep:
    aww man dont even get me started on ppl who did less work. i would just start to flame on those ppl, but in the end they probs ended up keeping their cool, unlike us...

it probs wont even affect them much. Like, person in my class has 96 in s2, and doesnt even need FM as part of their uni offer. so even if they get 64 in this, getting an 80 in fp1 would be enough...

im so annoyed right now. :/
    Same i was really hoping to get 90 in this so that i could get an A star prediction for next year but it looks as if il be lucky to get a B despite doing well in s2...i really dont know what to do now - maybe a change of uni choice more suitable for my soon to become grades?:/ or do you think its still possible to achieve higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NLoR)
    Same i was really hoping to get 90 in this so that i could get an A star prediction for next year but it looks as if il be lucky to get a B despite doing well in s2...i really dont know what to do now - maybe a change of uni choice more suitable for my soon to become grades?:/ or do you think its still possible to achieve higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    seeing as theres fewer fp1 papers, just do those. I think fp1 questions dont stray very far from the norm, its like variations of c1, with some similar stuff from c3, plus c4 parametrics only more simplified.

try do as best you can in fp1 with whatever time left and have your fingers crossed grade boundaries do not inflate. an 85+ in fp1 isn't too tricky to achieve, given that you keep a clear mind and don't panic.

However, fp1 on average has 9 to 10 questions a paper, most split into parts of 1 mark and 2 marks. so shouldnt be too difficult given you follow the hints in each part of the question.

having said that im going to go try out an fp1 paper.

very best of luck to you and every1 else on this m2 paper, and also your remaining exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mike)
    Ask edexcel but tbh I am really unhappy that you could get 5 marks just by looking at the equation

@Jack I thought the same as you, I didnt even think to just look at the equation and sub in 0.

I lost marks on this question, the angle question and the question right at the very end, 14 marks lost, and to think I wanted 100 UMS lol
    That exam was pure evil.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what do we think 45-48/75 would be?

ReputationRep:
    Practice makes perfect they say....Go look at edexcel jun 13 paper I say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLogan)
    Practice makes perfect they say....Go look at edexcel jun 13 paper I say
    Well look on the bright side, you didn't have to use the sum to infinity equation.

ReputationRep:
    After I finished the paper... I just sat there and stared into the distance. I'd worked so freaking hard on this, and I was so confident...
    Got C4 coming up, it'll be my last math paper, and I need to do super-well on it. Don't think I'll be getting an A* since I got 83 in C3 this January and I know I can't make up. Gotta try though. Though if this replacement paper is anything like M2 I'm screwed, I was so much more confident in M2.
    I'm now going to cry into my ice-cream, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarGirl23)
    After I finished the paper... I just sat there and stared into the distance. I'd worked so freaking hard on this, and I was so confident...
    Got C4 coming up, it'll be my last math paper, and I need to do super-well on it. Don't think I'll be getting an A* since I got 83 in C3 this January and I know I can't make up. Gotta try though. Though if this replacement paper is anything like M2 I'm screwed, I was so much more confident in M2.
    I'm now going to cry into my ice-cream, thanks.
    I know what you mean, i was relying so much on M2 to boost up my marks for an A in A2 maths, and now I really don't know! Unless a miracle occurs, all the examiners are nice and the grade boundaries are low i might scrape a good grade. But the chance of that all happening is 0.0000000000000001 % :|

ReputationRep:
    even if I had 2 months extra to revise for this, i wouldn't of done any better!

ReputationRep:
    I got speed as 4.5. Is this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    No Power question
    Lost 10 marks according to arsey's mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilFBosh)
    I got speed as 4.5. Is this wrong?
    Yes

That might have been a printing mistake, replacement paper. It should have read "minimum velocity". 5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so who here feels ready for the m3 exam on monday???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RYRK)
    so who here feels ready for the m3 exam on monday???
    after this m2 exam? haha good joke! I wanna curl up into a ball and die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.