Any Biomedical Scientists,PM me!

It'd be better to know a few people before the course starts :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Saeda
    Studying Cognitive Neuroscience
    at the Regent Campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabiusMaximus)
    haha I actually looked at Swansea uni in case I had to go into clearing They had lots of good history courses but then I've only been to Swansea once and it wasn't such a nice town

I'm hoping that miraculously all my lectures will start after 10. What's the chance of that though? :rolleyes: . Have fun in London!

Cool! I've always liked Devon and Cornwall, they've always felt a bit different to anywhere else in England when I've visited. In a good way though . I'm from a bit of a weird area. I grew up only 20 odd miles out of Manchester but in the heart of the Pennine hills haha. I feel kinda sad to be leaving the Valley and Manchester which I didn't think I would

Ah okay thanks, I wasn't sure whether to do it or not because they said they'd email us when they wanted us to complete it, but I started stage 2 and it all seemed fine. I stopped, just in case it ****ed the system haha. I haven't had an email about stage 2, only stage 1. I'll get it done tonight if it'll let me

Ah no way! I think my mum wanted me to look at Swansea, it is a great place but I think in her mind it will always be the best uni - she probably thinks there should only be Swansea altogether haha!

Yeah well I guess that's (one of the many) benefits of History - the lower contact hours mean those 9 o clock lectures are few and far between, at least that's what I'm telling myself. Yeah Devon is pretty nice, I live just outside of Exeter in a small village where everyone knows each other yet I still find it odd to think that what's home to me is to many other people a holiday place. I am looking forward to being in London and enjoying the big city though, I've lived in Devon all my life so I'm definitely ready for a change :P Ah where you live sounds really nice - it must be great to have the quiet of the Pennie hills but not be completely isolated from all civilisation, I've visited Manchester once and loved it. I do get what you mean about moving away, as much as I look forward to London leaving Devon feels so odd, I'm sure we'll be fine though and I always end up finding change exciting!

Good luck with the enrolment - if it let me do it then hopefully you should be alright as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan210395)
    Ah no way! I think my mum wanted me to look at Swansea, it is a great place but I think in her mind it will always be the best uni - she probably thinks there should only be Swansea altogether haha!

Yeah well I guess that's (one of the many) benefits of History - the lower contact hours mean those 9 o clock lectures are few and far between, at least that's what I'm telling myself. Yeah Devon is pretty nice, I live just outside of Exeter in a small village where everyone knows each other yet I still find it odd to think that what's home to me is to many other people a holiday place. I am looking forward to being in London and enjoying the big city though, I've lived in Devon all my life so I'm definitely ready for a change :P Ah where you live sounds really nice - it must be great to have the quiet of the Pennie hills but not be completely isolated from all civilisation, I've visited Manchester once and loved it. I do get what you mean about moving away, as much as I look forward to London leaving Devon feels so odd, I'm sure we'll be fine though and I always end up finding change exciting!

Good luck with the enrolment - if it let me do it then hopefully you should be alright as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My mum's like that, she says I should definitely go to college to study horticulture instead of uni haha. She reminds me of that every time I see her haha. Swansea Uni did look good, but I think the draw of London was too much for me

Oooh. Check your Westminster email. I've got one through giving us information about modules and our timetables. Looks like the earliest lectures are at 10 and we only have 4 lectures a week or less or more if you choose. Looks like you were right about the low contact hours.

That sounds like a great place to grow up. You also get better weather haha, right now it's torrential rain here! What's Exeter like as a city? I've never actually been there but I've been around the country nearby. I guess you're making one of the biggest moves possible of village to capital city . Are any of your friends heading down to London? I know a couple of people, one going to Westminster up in Harrow.

I can sympathise with your feelings about holidaymakers. The town I live next to is very pretty and basically it's full of Londoners who move there and then tourists who block up all the roads haha. It's quite sad when in a traditional Yorkshire town it's hard to find a local.

Manchester is a really cool city. Ever since I was in year 10 (4/5 years ago for me now) I'd get on the train after school and just wander around the city getting to know the place. It really is just a mini-London. If you ever want to leave London but stay in a big city then look at Manchester first!

Enrolment is done!

ReputationRep:
    i have to unfortunately go to this university

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Renissa
    Studying Psychology
    Regent Campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RenissaR)
    Hi I'm Renissa
    Studying Psychology
    Regent Campus
    Hey, I'll be studying psychology too! I'm Phylisia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm James and I'm studying Commercial Music Performance at the Harrow campus and I'll be staying in Harrow Hall! Has anybody else received a welcome pack or any information about the halls? All I know about my accommodation is that I've definitely got somewhere to live, but I don't know much more except that I can move in from the 14th September!

ReputationRep:
    My mum's like that, she says I should definitely go to college to study horticulture instead of uni haha. She reminds me of that every time I see her haha. Swansea Uni did look good, but I think the draw of London was too much for me

Oooh. Check your Westminster email. I've got one through giving us information about modules and our timetables. Looks like the earliest lectures are at 10 and we only have 4 lectures a week or less or more if you choose. Looks like you were right about the low contact hours.

That sounds like a great place to grow up. You also get better weather haha, right now it's torrential rain here! What's Exeter like as a city? I've never actually been there but I've been around the country nearby. I guess you're making one of the biggest moves possible of village to capital city . Are any of your friends heading down to London? I know a couple of people, one going to Westminster up in Harrow.

I can sympathise with your feelings about holidaymakers. The town I live next to is very pretty and basically it's full of Londoners who move there and then tourists who block up all the roads haha. It's quite sad when in a traditional Yorkshire town it's hard to find a local.

Manchester is a really cool city. Ever since I was in year 10 (4/5 years ago for me now) I'd get on the train after school and just wander around the city getting to know the place. It really is just a mini-London. If you ever want to leave London but stay in a big city then look at Manchester first!

Enrolment is done!

ha! I think my mum still has hopes that I'll change courses to geography, even on the open days she would go along to the geography lectures while I was doing all the history stuff.

Ah thanks - I just checked my email and I got it too. This is so exciting I can't wait to choose my options and yay for 10am lectures, I was not looking toward to being on the tube with all the comuters and me just suffering from the night before haha!

Yeah Devon is really nice - it's nice to know everybody and live in a village environment but the public transport is ridiculous. The idea of tubes every five minutes seems to good to be true after a bus an hour that doesn't turn up half the time :P Exeter is really nice it has a great range of shops but is still fairly small so it's really easy to get around - I definetley recommend a visit if you're ever down south! None of my immediate friends are coming up to London but are going to other big cities instead, so I'm literally going up not knowing anybody which is scary but also quite exciting at the same time.

Ah man you should see the holiday makers down here just caravans blocking the roads or horse boxes and tractors that aren't holiday makers but might as well be with how annoying they are. It was genuinely a regular occurance for my school bus to be held up by sheep crossing the road! It must be weird for you living somewhere and almost feeling like a tourist as everybody else is from elsewhere. I definetly want to visit Manchester - last time I went I was 12 and went with a group of people so it would be nice to go up and experience it for myself now I'm a bit older, there are some good gigs up there as well although I guess living in London that won't be an issue anymore! I'm just so used to living in Devon haha!

Ah good I'm glad your enrolment worked out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan210395)
    ha! I think my mum still has hopes that I'll change courses to geography, even on the open days she would go along to the geography lectures while I was doing all the history stuff.

Ah thanks - I just checked my email and I got it too. This is so exciting I can't wait to choose my options and yay for 10am lectures, I was not looking toward to being on the tube with all the comuters and me just suffering from the night before haha!

Yeah Devon is really nice - it's nice to know everybody and live in a village environment but the public transport is ridiculous. The idea of tubes every five minutes seems to good to be true after a bus an hour that doesn't turn up half the time :P Exeter is really nice it has a great range of shops but is still fairly small so it's really easy to get around - I definetley recommend a visit if you're ever down south! None of my immediate friends are coming up to London but are going to other big cities instead, so I'm literally going up not knowing anybody which is scary but also quite exciting at the same time.

Ah man you should see the holiday makers down here just caravans blocking the roads or horse boxes and tractors that aren't holiday makers but might as well be with how annoying they are. It was genuinely a regular occurance for my school bus to be held up by sheep crossing the road! It must be weird for you living somewhere and almost feeling like a tourist as everybody else is from elsewhere. I definetly want to visit Manchester - last time I went I was 12 and went with a group of people so it would be nice to go up and experience it for myself now I'm a bit older, there are some good gigs up there as well although I guess living in London that won't be an issue anymore! I'm just so used to living in Devon haha!

Ah good I'm glad your enrolment worked out for you!
    Haha, well you never know, one day you might wake up with an urge to study mountains and rivers

Getting the timetable really makes it seem real. Yeah, it means we can have a lie in or catch up on work. The earliest I have to leave my flat will be 9 Compare that to getting up at 6 to go to sixth form :cool:

Even though you're going on your own that really gives you the opportunity to start afresh. It may not have been the same for you but I always found that knowing everybody in my area from a young age meant that I was stuck being who I was years earlier. Being in London, I'll be able to start again and be judged on the present not what I or my friends/family had done in the past. People are such gossipers where I live (so am I :cool:) The transport is crap where I was for college. I had a 25 minute train journey twice every day and it was always late, I mean always :/ It also went about 15 mph because it went through the hills and along unstable bits of track. Now it'll be the Victoria Line I'll be taking

Yeah, Exeter sounds nice. A bit like York! These smaller cities are quite nice just to chill about in, because you don't get the same time of pace of life as the big cities. I usually go away with my family once a year down South to see new places. This year it was Bristol and Bath, maybe Devon and Cornwall next?

Hahaha, sheep crossing the road stopping buses :sheep:. There's a lot of hate here between the locals and what are called the 'Offcumdens''. They can be really rude and disrespectful of Yorkshire's culture. If we were to say similar things about Indian culture for example, we'd be called racist. My old teacher was from somewhere else and use to tell us how awful it was that her children were getting Yorkshire accents. She said how horrible the accent was and didn't like the people who had thick accents. Mental. It was kinda bad because half the kids in that class weren't from Yorkshire so I got a lot of **** off the kids for having the accent and the bloody teacher joined in! HAHAH

Yeah the M.E.N arena in Manchester is pretty good for bands. A bit like the Millennium Dome in London, it attracts all the big names. In London, we'll have everyone to see. I'm going to see Sigur Ros on Friday, should be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paris04)
    Hi, Im also doing Marketing Communications BA but will be commuting from South London
    Only weeks to go, hope to meet you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    i have to unfortunately go to this university
    'Sup lol?

If I'm not wrong,I think I saw you in one of the Chemistry threads (OCR) during exam period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsh05)
    'Sup lol?

If I'm not wrong,I think I saw you in one of the Chemistry threads (OCR) during exam period
    sup....

i dont know, you might have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChazzRB)
    Anyone staying in Harrow going to the Ministry of Sound Freshers event??
    Which one are you talking about?? There's two there now as the Big Icebreaker (the one I'm going to) is on Sunday 22nd then there's Milkshake on Tuesday 24th... I'm staying in Harrow by the way

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well you never know, one day you might wake up with an urge to study mountains and rivers

Getting the timetable really makes it seem real. Yeah, it means we can have a lie in or catch up on work. The earliest I have to leave my flat will be 9 Compare that to getting up at 6 to go to sixth form :cool:

Even though you're going on your own that really gives you the opportunity to start afresh. It may not have been the same for you but I always found that knowing everybody in my area from a young age meant that I was stuck being who I was years earlier. Being in London, I'll be able to start again and be judged on the present not what I or my friends/family had done in the past. People are such gossipers where I live (so am I :cool:) The transport is crap where I was for college. I had a 25 minute train journey twice every day and it was always late, I mean always :/ It also went about 15 mph because it went through the hills and along unstable bits of track. Now it'll be the Victoria Line I'll be taking

Yeah, Exeter sounds nice. A bit like York! These smaller cities are quite nice just to chill about in, because you don't get the same time of pace of life as the big cities. I usually go away with my family once a year down South to see new places. This year it was Bristol and Bath, maybe Devon and Cornwall next?

Hahaha, sheep crossing the road stopping buses :sheep:. There's a lot of hate here between the locals and what are called the 'Offcumdens''. They can be really rude and disrespectful of Yorkshire's culture. If we were to say similar things about Indian culture for example, we'd be called racist. My old teacher was from somewhere else and use to tell us how awful it was that her children were getting Yorkshire accents. She said how horrible the accent was and didn't like the people who had thick accents. Mental. It was kinda bad because half the kids in that class weren't from Yorkshire so I got a lot of **** off the kids for having the accent and the bloody teacher joined in! HAHAH

Yeah the M.E.N arena in Manchester is pretty good for bands. A bit like the Millennium Dome in London, it attracts all the big names. In London, we'll have everyone to see. I'm going to see Sigur Ros on Friday, should be good
    Ha I think I've been dragged up enough mountains and seen enough rivers for a lifetime! The worst is reservoirs I must have been to most of the ones in Britain by now.

Woah I thought having to get up at 7 for school was early enough but 6 sounds tough, it makes 9 look like midday. Our school buses were old London double decieds which had no seat belts and broke down at least three times a term. we even had a crash last febuary but luckily no one was hurt - just proved the point that the buses are ridiculous. And we can't forget the time our bus driver drove us in and out of a hedge in year nine - he was fired.

I completely agree about starting afresh where I live sounds quite similar to you, gossip flies around and you keep on being expected to be best friends with the kids you hung out with when you were five but now have completely different interests. And we've picked well, London is a pretty great place to start afresh and meet lots of news exciting people.

Yeah I visited York uni and it is incredibly similar to Exeter which is partly a reason why I didn't chose it! It was still nice though. I don't really go to the north of England with my family as my Aunty lives in Edinburgh so we just visit her instead.

That sounds really bad about people being so rude about Yorkshire. I guess the worst we get is when people on tv give us all thick Devon accents when we actually sound nothing like that haha! Nowhere near as bad as what you have I'm sure, I can't believe about that teacher some people just don't think before they speak do they?!

Ah man have a good time on Friday, I've never heard of Sigur Ros (I'm not that great with music :P) what genre are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RenissaR)
    Hi I'm Renissa
    Studying Psychology
    Regent Campus
    Hey I'm study Psychology too.

ReputationRep:
    Any Bsc Psychology dudes/dudettes?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm alyssa, 19, studying Psychology staying at student court flat 813! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got my timetable but not sure what optional modules to choose for sociology as I have student globalisation, women, culture before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paleophelia)
    hi i'm doing the exact same! i'm rachel and i'm moving from liverpool! are you going to be in student court?
    yay a friend!! I'm staying in student accommodation but not student court

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.