Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoungJade)
    I remember you I think you're the girl I walked in with haha! Glad you found it ok. Just a case of waiting now I guess :/
    Yeah, I was! That's me. Did you find it okay? Is it just me obsessively checking my emails here? I know there's not gonna be an answer yet, but I can't help it. It's gonna be a long few weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlj)
    Yeah, I was! That's me. Did you find it okay? Is it just me obsessively checking my emails here? I know there's not gonna be an answer yet, but I can't help it. It's gonna be a long few weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha Yeah I thought it was okay. I think it's so hard to tell with something like that how you did, especially because there were so many good candidates on our day but I have everything crossed! Haha, I am doing exactly the same, despite knowing that we won't have an answer for a good few weeks yet! Hope you're well x

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I went on a training course yesterday for work and got talking to somebody who said that their sister is currently studying to become a s&l therapist. He said that apparently the NHS speech and language therapy services are going to be cut and clinical commissioning groups are seeking new providers to provide s&l therapy services.
    Just wondered if anyone else has heard this? I'm not sure how true it is?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly_1989)
    Hi all,
    I went on a training course yesterday for work and got talking to somebody who said that their sister is currently studying to become a s&l therapist. He said that apparently the NHS speech and language therapy services are going to be cut and clinical commissioning groups are seeking new providers to provide s&l therapy services.
    Just wondered if anyone else has heard this? I'm not sure how true it is?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This has already been happening... Lots of new sources of commissioning are being sought. My (NHS) dept received funding directly from the council, schools, local govt grants, local charities etc. It doesn't necessarily mean the end of SLT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's reassuring! :-) the way I was told it seemed like it was the end of slt, or at least a serious reduction in jobs anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly_1989)
    Oh that's reassuring! :-) the way I was told it seemed like it was the end of slt, or at least a serious reduction in jobs anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are fewer jobs in the NHS than there used to be, but many more people work directly employed by schools, councils, charities etc. The work profile is def changing but there's still a demand. Also I have had the impression that actually a lot of the cuts have now happened and depts are stabilising. Certainly employment rates seems to be better than 2-3 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlj)
    Haha, probably! I'm Kez. I was the girl who'd driven up from Swansea the day before.
    Ohhh heyyy,

Yes I remember you we were one of the lasts to be interviewed!

I heard from Essex today and I got in cannot believe it! It doesn't feel real.

Good Luck to you, I hope you get it too!

Chelsie x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Che567)
    Ohhh heyyy,

Chelsie x

Oh, yeah! 4PM interview buddies, haha. Hey!

Congratulations!! That's so awesome, I'm thrilled for you. I'm still anxiously waiting to hear, but not sure that bodes well for me as they'd probably send out the offers all on one day, wouldn't they?

Gonna keep my fingers crossed anyway! Congrats again

Kez x

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh heyyy,

Chelsie x

Hii,
    Snap I got into Essex too!!! Ahh this is exciting! Haven't found anyone else yet who's been accepted, have you?
    Georgie xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Congratulations on getting into Essex! I'm still waiting to hear from them. I'm hoping they didn't send out all the offers in one day!
    Does anyone know of anyone who got an email to say they didn't get in? Or they're on the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie2442)
    Hii,
    Snap I got into Essex too!!! Ahh this is exciting! Haven't found anyone else yet who's been accepted, have you?
    Georgie xx
    Congratulations!! I know I'm so excited can't believe I'll be at uni in four months time! Yes I have met one other girl, she was someone I sat with on interview day.

Chelsie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicaw)
    Hi,

Congratulations on getting into Essex! I'm still waiting to hear from them. I'm hoping they didn't send out all the offers in one day!
    Does anyone know of anyone who got an email to say they didn't get in? Or they're on the waiting list?
    Thanks Alice

I've not heard of anyone who's been rejected yet or who's on the waiting list. We've been set a date to respond by May 30th if we wish to attend, so maybe you will hear after then? x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Alice

I've not heard of anyone who's been rejected yet or who's on the waiting list. We've been set a date to respond by May 30th if we wish to attend, so maybe you will hear after then? x

Hi che567,

I emailed Paula last week and she said everyone should know by next week!
    It's great to know when you have to answer them back, thanks!! Eek hope it's not bad news next week!

Ali

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was in the interview on the 6th for Essex too, still waiting! I've been checking my emails every hour, hope that its not a bad sign we haven't heard anything yet...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckie*)
    Hi,

I was in the interview on the 6th for Essex too, still waiting! I've been checking my emails every hour, hope that its not a bad sign we haven't heard anything yet...!
    I'm in exactly the same boat! Interview on the 6th, and I know a few people have been accepted, and I was fretting over that at first but now I'm trying not to worry. It's driving me mad, though! Let's hope they don't keep us waiting too much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmlj)
    I'm in exactly the same boat! Interview on the 6th, and I know a few people have been accepted, and I was fretting over that at first but now I'm trying not to worry. It's driving me mad, though! Let's hope they don't keep us waiting too much longer.
    I was there too I've got myself convinced that they would have sent out all the acceptances from our interview on the same day but still checking my emails constantly just in case! x

ReputationRep:
    My interview was the 30th of April and no word yet. Doesn't look like we'll be hearing today

ReputationRep:
    Let's just hope for tomorrow, I guess. Good luck anyway, everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! My interview was the 30th of April as well. I heard back last Thursday and was told I got my place, but hopefully u hear something back soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciaran87)
    Hey!! My interview was the 30th of April as well. I heard back last Thursday and was told I got my place, but hopefully u hear something back soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Ciaran,
    Yea I think I remember you! I was the girl from dublin I heard back today that I'm on the waiting list. But we have to wait about 2 weeks to find out where exactly on it we are.
    Hope I'm not too far down the list

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.