Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    Hey! A new thread without me knowing! Jk . Anyways, I think we should do the guard of honour(it hurts so much to say this) because we are Arsenal! It is not in our character/DNA to be rude/unprofessional to our rivals Btw, United did the same thing when we won the league
    I agree we should do it, keep it professional... But united hadn't sold their top scorer to us that season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    Hey! A new thread without me knowing! Jk . Anyways, I think we should do the guard of honour(it hurts so much to say this) because we are Arsenal! It is not in our character/DNA to be rude/unprofessional to our rivals Btw, United did the same thing when we won the league
    Would rather give them a guard of hounour than see them win the league at The Emirates. Lesser of two evils I reckon.

On top of that if something as small and petty as giving a guard of honour meant that we won the game, I'd bite your hand off for it!

ReputationRep:
    look on the bright side lads, atleast they didn't win it at emirates on sunday fellas.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted for Dortmund tbh, Goetze going to Bayern would be like Jack going to United.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud's appeal has been rejected 😑 Theo or Poldi upfront I'm guessing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really want us to buy Draxler. I know a left winger isn't our priority but I think if we want to get him this summer will be our last chance before he's out of our reach, a story we've heard far too often (Hazard, likely Isco etc). His combination of skill and power is pretty rare and devastating, I think he'd be a real hit here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I really want us to buy Draxler. I know a left winger isn't our priority but I think if we want to get him this summer will be our last chance before he's out of our reach, a story we've heard far too often (Hazard, likely Isco etc). His combination of skill and power is pretty rare and devastating, I think he'd be a real hit here.
    Highly unlikely you'll get him. Firstly he said he wanted to stay at Schalke a bit longer and develop. Secondly reports are Madrid are interested.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see Podolski up front. He'd be devastating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Highly unlikely you'll get him. Firstly he said he wanted to stay at Schalke a bit longer and develop. Secondly reports are Madrid are interested.
    I reckon we could tempt him if we got CL football next year and Schalke didn't, certainly a possible scenario. I know it's unlikely though. Going to Real Madrid would be a massive mistake to be honest, certainly this early in his career.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone else like to see a change of formation this Saturday?

I was thinking of a 4411 or a 442:

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kosc Monreal

AOC Arteta Jack/Ramsey Santi

Poldi/Rosicky

Theo Walcott

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kosc Monreal

Poldi/Rosicky

Theo Walcott

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a good idea, can't wait to see Walcott or podolfski up front should bring something new, like maybe some goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kosc Monreal

Poldi/Rosicky

Theo Walcott

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger did say the team always train 4-4-2 every training session. Something new on the pitch would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger did say the team always train 4-4-2 every training session. Something new on the pitch would be nice.
    I'd like to see that tbh. It could resemble our Invincible side:

Lehmann

Lauren Sol Kolo Cole

Freddie Gilberto Vieira Pires

Bergkamp

Henry

Ooof, nostalgic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still a bit of resentment left over from our loss to Bayern and their uncharacteristicly childish antics at the end of the match. Want them to loose

ReputationRep:
    bayern r tearing barca apart how in the world did we win at allianz last month lads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    bayern r tearing barca apart how in the world did we win at allianz last month lads
    Because they didn't have their best squad out and are actually taking us seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Because they didn't have their best squad out and are actually taking us seriously.
    They didn't have schweinsteiger and ribery while we didnt have podolski and wilshere.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    They didn't have schweinsteiger and ribery while we didnt have podolski and wilshere.....
    Did you see how much Schweinsteiger and Ribery matter to them?

ReputationRep:
    they were complacent, we had nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I would love him here. He would help a bit because we sometimes get stuck when the other team put 11 behind the ball. If we can't score, then there are his epic long shots. Also he can play in the middle well too which has been shown since holtby left.

(Original post by Tweek)
    He can develop just as well at Arsenal as Schalke. He is quite a realistic target and could see him coming too us. Also if he does want to develop and get game time he would choose us over madrid

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.