The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by mjj22
Kinda posting late but that was a good paper:smile:)

Actually enjoyed paper 2.

Got all excited cause the Population question was about Malawi and am from there:P then my friends were all like Yo MJ did u see the population question? haha :P

But i did hydrosphere and industry. Overall i think i did okay:smile:)

How did everyone else find it?

And you didn't even do the population question!!!
Original post by deedee123
they probably won't, you don't get any appeals for extenuating circumstances. They'll be reporting it because you were able to chat to each other outside/you left exam conditions

Aww man, I thought maybe we could push our luck and say it interrupted us haha. We definitely weren't allowed to talk about the exam anyway, suppose there's no way of proving that though :/
I bullet pointed some of my answers because I ran out of time, will I be penalised heavily for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 563
In paper 2 I did rural land degradation. A question asked for solutions in North America and Africa . I didn't realise and answered all 20 marks on one area . How many marks will I loose? Apart from that pretty decent paper
What grade do I need to get in order to do this at Advanced Higher? (I've already chosen it, I just hope I still get to do it)
Reply 565
Original post by katys1996
What grade do I need to get in order to do this at Advanced Higher? (I've already chosen it, I just hope I still get to do it)

I think it depends on what your school say but probably an A or B
Reply 566
Original post by Capricancer
I bullet pointed some of my answers because I ran out of time, will I be penalised heavily for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can write in bullet points if you write in sentences and it reads like it would in a paragraph but see if you bullet point like one or two word answers, our teacher said you get heavily penalised. Don't know how true it is though.
How do you explain the human causes of global warming in the Atmosphere question? :confused: Cause I think I just did the description part...
For the first population question, I only did 2 marks worth of description and 6 marks of explaination. Will I get marks taken off for not enough description?
Reply 569
Original post by Airess3
How do you explain the human causes of global warming in the Atmosphere question? :confused: Cause I think I just did the description part...

You basically just say "Methane is a greenhouse gas (description). Methane is released by digestive system of cows (explanation). Methane is released by paddy fields (explanation). Paddy fields on the rise due to rapid growth of ELDC's (explanation) sort of thing :smile:
Original post by CSM1996
You basically just say "Methane is a greenhouse gas (description). Methane is released by digestive system of cows (explanation). Methane is released by paddy fields (explanation). Paddy fields on the rise due to rapid growth of ELDC's (explanation) sort of thing :smile:

Ah! Thanks :smile:
Reply 571
Are there solutions up yet? xxxx :smile:
Reply 572
Original post by k8y.123
Are there solutions up yet? xxxx :smile:

It was basically past papers so it would be better is there's a copy of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 573
Original post by CSM1996
And you didn't even do the population question!!!

Ive always been bad at it. Plus industry is my favourite and the questions i wanted came up:smile:)
Original post by Lulu96
In paper 2 I did rural land degradation. A question asked for solutions in North America and Africa . I didn't realise and answered all 20 marks on one area . How many marks will I loose? Apart from that pretty decent paper

You would probably get a maximum of 12 marks for fully discussing one of them :smile: my solutions were severely imbalanced - I did about 2 for Africa and the rest were on America. Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 575
Original post by chaarlotte
You would probably get a maximum of 12 marks for fully discussing one of them :smile: my solutions were severely imbalanced - I did about 2 for Africa and the rest were on America. Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew really hope I don't loose all 20 marks. You'll be fine as you mentioned both :smile:
Original post by Lulu96
Phew really hope I don't loose all 20 marks. You'll be fine as you mentioned both :smile:

No our teacher said in questions like these, you get a maximum of 12 marks for discussing one :smile: and I hope so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending