Chemistry Applicants 2015 Watch

keelahla
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any one apply to UCL for medicinal chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
badass_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by keelahla)
Any one apply to UCL for medicinal chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo! Me!
Where else are you thinking of applying?
Gotzz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andyt8765)
Offer from Warwick - AAB
Oh man! They still haven't replied to my email
But congratulations!!
Do you have any idea why some offers are ABB and some are AAB?
Edit: ignore my question, just read your post on the Warwick thread.
Gotzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So I had an interview at Sheffield scheduled for the 26th, but I looked for train tickets and they were way too expensive and I had no-one who could drive me. So I emailed them explaining the situation and they've given me an offer without an interview!! :dance:
ethery
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gotzz)
So I had an interview at Sheffield scheduled for the 26th, but I looked for train tickets and they were way too expensive and I had no-one who could drive me. So I emailed them explaining the situation and they've given me an offer without an interview!! :dance:
That's excellent! Congrats!

Anyone else for the Nottingham visit day on the 4th December?
Gotzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ethery)
That's excellent! Congrats!

Anyone else for the Nottingham visit day on the 4th December?
Thanks! Mine is on 13th February :eek:
Edit: it's actually the 12th.
username1107833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gotzz)
Congratulations! They were going to give you an offer regardless of how your interview went! Well done
ethery
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gotzz)
Thanks! Mine is on 13th February :eek:
Ah, I see. I think that one was full when I booked. I had a February date available but it wasn't that one!
Gotzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theCreator)
Congratulations! They were going to give you an offer regardless of how your interview went! Well done
Well I wasn't certain, they didn't make it very clear Thanks!
Gotzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah, I see. I think that one was full when I booked. I had a February date available but it wasn't that one!
Oh okay. I may have opted out of having one in December as I'll be having other interviews and stuff!
keelahla
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by badass_geek)
Woo! Me!
Where else are you thinking of applying?
Haha I already applied on the 4th November Offer from queen marys (pharmaceutical chemistry), interview at royalholloway ( medicinal biochemistry), kings (chemistry with biomedicine) and ucl and they haven't even acknowledged me yet :no::no::sigh::no::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Madelaine1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone else got a pre-offer visit day at Bristol University? I don't know if this means I am likely to get given an offer or if they are still undecided so will interview and then make a decision??
sophiebk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone been to an applicant day at Birmingham? I have mine on the 4th and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for the interview part? Like is it mainly chemistry questions or personal statement questions etc.
Thanks!
ethery
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Madelaine1996)
Anyone else got a pre-offer visit day at Bristol University? I don't know if this means I am likely to get given an offer or if they are still undecided so will interview and then make a decision??
Same. I don't know what it means, but I think Bristol has given out some offers for chemistry, so probably just means we're in the running but not a definite. Mine's on the 6th February. You?
Coral Reafs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sophiebk)
Hey guys, does anyone know if the pharmaceutical chemistry course at QM is accredited by the RSC? On the Queen Mary's website it says it is 'recognised by the RSC'. Is that the same thing?
Thank you xxx
it's not worth going, my m8 declined the queen mary pharm chem offer last year, after realizing it was worth diddly squat l0l
Madelaine1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same. I don't know what it means, but I think Bristol has given out some offers for chemistry, so probably just means we're in the running but not a definite. Mine's on the 6th February. You?
Oh right well it's better than nothing haha, mine is on the 11th I think.
Coral Reafs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theCreator)
x
hey man, did UCL send u a letter for the offer or email? or was it straight on UCAS?

did ur portico update too?
chemistryIH
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied to a certain college at oxford, and got an email saying I've got an interview but at a different college, anyone else have this?
Bookler_Natsu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chemistryIH)
I applied to a certain college at oxford, and got an email saying I've got an interview but at a different college, anyone else have this?
You've got an interview??? When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
chemistryIH
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bookler_Natsu)
You've got an interview??? When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sort of, it says your are going to have an interview at tis college instead of the one you applied to. But its not an official invitation. Yesterday morning. It's a bit of strange situation I've basically been pooled before interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (51)
45.95%
Pro-humanity (60)
54.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise