Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I wish I was as optimistic as you! I've never seen St Andrews as dead as it has been this season!!!

You could buy Crystal Palace for the same price they are asking for us!!!
    Even when we are dead tho, as in number of supporters the atmosphere is always singing, even in strong hail! why would you want to buy palace......that's just....i can't believe you compared us to...them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Even when we are dead tho, as in number of supporters the atmosphere is always singing, even in strong hail! why would you want to buy palace......that's just....i can't believe you compared us to...them.
    I think I've spent too much time at Hillsborough. Can't knock our away support though, its been excellent all year.

Well, only in terms of cost. Of course we are the far superior team

ReputationRep:
    Same story at Wednesday last week to be honest. It felt like Clark put a team out without ever having seen Wednesday play. Having watched Wednesday all season (boyfriends a Wednesday fan) I just have no understanding as to why we played everything through Burke when Helan is an absolutely class player.
    Its ironic really, Helan's gotten some right flak this year until the last few matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Its ironic really, Helan's gotten some right flak this year until the last few matches
    I've been watching Wednesday for two seasons and always rated him!!! Did an amazing job sitting on Burke last weekend. His distribution could do with some work though!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you guys are in the ****. We Birmingham fans have a soft spot for you lot.

Hopefully things will come together for both of us some day
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Things will improve for the both of us have faith! At least we have someone that wants to buy us! plus with the blues trust, St. Andrews as a community asset and all the press we have been getting something is bound to happen sooner or later
    Birmingham have things a lot better than we do and that is saying a hell of a lot. Also, the FA have just publicly stated they want nothing to do with the situation-so kind of them to shaft clubs in need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Birmingham have things a lot better than we do and that is saying a hell of a lot. Also, the FA have just publicly stated they want nothing to do with the situation-so kind of them to shaft clubs in need.
    Yeah the FA are useless, were just lucky to have such a good local council

ReputationRep:
    Do I dare utter the words: "Next season will be our season".

​Already predicting 10th place next year. Our defence is absolute dog ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the FA are useless, were just lucky to have such a good local council
    I've got to say I'm very disillusioned with football at the moment. To be more precise, English football, for allowing this shambles to continue and not lift a finger about it.

SLF has his bizarre doubts on the German system but for me any model that prevents farcical situations as that at Coventry should be applauded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Did the League allow that crook to take over the club then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Hey just a heads up if anyone wants added to the list on the first page on which team you support in the football league/non league, feel free to drop me a PM or a visitor message :yy:
    On that note: who is Stuffed Little Fingers?

I've got to say I'm very disillusioned with football at the moment. To be more precise, English football, for allowing this shambles to continue and not lift a finger about it.

SLF has his bizarre doubts on the German system but for me any model that prevents farcical situations as that at Coventry should be applauded.
    Er no. If you look at what I actually said it's that it's not as perfect as billed. It's better than what we have, and I'd sooner have the German model than what it's like at the moment, but it is far from perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Agreed, things like what is going on at Cardiff as well are an absolute joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Er no. If you look at what I actually said it's that it's not as perfect as billed. It's better than what we have, and I'd sooner have the German model than what it's like at the moment, but it is far from perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think there's altogether that much wrong with it and that is evidenced by the numbers (crowds and finances) and performances of the domestic and national teams. When clubs had problems with competing in the third division they went to the DFB who changed the lower league structure to these teams' benefit.

The FA does, well, FA, as evidenced by today's brief announcement.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, things like what is going on at Cardiff as well are an absolute joke.
    They weren't complaining when it got them promoted.

ReputationRep:
    Did the League allow that crook to take over the club then?
    Not yet. It's still dragging on. A few backhand payments would see him approved in no time though.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet. It's still dragging on. A few backhand payments would see him approved in no time though.
    I was half expecting the FA to announce their support of his ownership in the same statement as washing their hands of us.

ReputationRep:

I've been saying the same thing for far too long.

ReputationRep:
    They weren't complaining when it got them promoted.
    I think there's a few that would rather have kept their colours.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a few that would rather have kept their colours.
    They could have Coventry wearing fluorescent pink for all I care if it got us out of the 3rd division.

ReputationRep:
    They could have Coventry wearing fluorescent pink for all I care if it got us out of the 3rd division.
    That would be pretty jazzy to be fair.

But I see where you are coming from

ReputationRep:
    What happens if he can't take over, do you essentially go into adminstration?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.