Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    I forgot to write the title for my topic in paper 2 and went straight into answering the questions, they'll be able to work out what topic I was doing right by my answers?
    The last time I did something like that I phoned my school and they put it in for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am5)
    I found it OK. It could have been worded a bit better as internal migration is a bit broad considering in previous marking schemes they accept answers which include moving to Canada/Austraila! I managed to get 10 marks down relatively easily
    Yeah I found it quite sketchy how they did that, I got around 8/9 marks down so fingers crossed it will be ok. The paper wasn't bad, I was quite pleased with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    they must be able to right?
    I would phone the school tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    I forgot to write the title for my topic in paper 2 and went straight into answering the questions, they'll be able to work out what topic I was doing right by my answers?
    Yeah it says on the front that you're supposed to put the number of the topic on the front of the exam paper but I'm sure loads of people don't do it so it should be fine

How did you find it? Shocked that there was no nazi question tbh.. Wish my teacher hadn't told us to only revise them.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else struggle with paper 2? (wars of independence) admittedly i neglected revising this topic as i was so worried for paper 1 but i feel as if i would have struggled even with more revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LCRMG)
    Yeah it says on the front that you're supposed to put the number of the topic on the front of the exam paper but I'm sure loads of people don't do it so it should be fine

How did you find it? Shocked that there was no nazi question tbh.. Wish my teacher hadn't told us to only revise them.
    I managed to revise the women's essay which was good but I was stuck on Germany as I only revised Nazi as I was told that they have to put a question in so I don't really know tbh, and paper 2 was alright I think (if they can work out what question I answered) oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    I managed to revise the women's essay which was good but I was stuck on Germany as I only revised Nazi as I was told that they have to put a question in so I don't really know tbh, and paper 2 was alright I think (if they can work out what question I answered) oh well
    I feel sorry for us :/ Did you do a Germany essay? I know people tried to do like an intro and stuff but I didn't write anything at all for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LCRMG)
    I feel sorry for us :/ Did you do a Germany essay? I know people tried to do like an intro and stuff but I didn't write anything at all for it.
    I wrote part of an intro for the unification essay but didn't get into it, was so prepared for nazis aswell

ReputationRep:
    Aw no I forgot to write what topic I was doing too!! They won't penalise me for it will they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NM96)
    Aw no I forgot to write what topic I was doing too!! They won't penalise me for it will they?
    I just emailed the sqa to ask them so we'll see what they say. in sure by the first line in the answer they'll know what topic you're doing to I wouldn't give it too much thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    I wrote part of an intro for the unification essay but didn't get into it, was so prepared for nazis aswell
    Oh well, hopefully the boundaries will be lowered.. Would have thought the SQA would be nicer this year considering it's the last year and we don't get appeals but nope they're still ********s.

ReputationRep:
    The backlash from this exam has been incredible!
    Personally, I thought paper 1 was alright. My school does the Atlantic Slave Trade and USA- 1918-1968. For the Slave Trade we'd been told it would be a strange exam if there was no abolition questions (issues 5 and 6) and there wasn't any. For the USA we were told that since the civil rights section made up 50% of the unit, it was almost guaranteed we'd get one of those (issues 2, 5 and 6).

Some of my classmates just went by what the teachers predicted and came out crying because the issues that came up were 1, 3 and 4. I had studied everything but issue 4 (my school doesn't teach New Deal for USA or affects of slavery on African society for Slave Trade) so I was fine. Just goes to show what happens I suppose.

Paper 2 was alright as well. We did Scottish Wars of Independence and I don't think I did too badly. My extended essay was alright too, so here's hoping I'm on course for that A :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LCRMG)
    Oh well, hopefully the boundaries will be lowered.. Would have thought the SQA would be nicer this year considering it's the last year and we don't get appeals but nope they're still ********s.
    I'm just really worried about the paper 2 and not putting my topic title..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ami_)
    I completely agree with you although, I think it is better to revise three instead of six becauseyou have studied three out of the six you are still guaranteed to have an essay question you can answer.
    I apologise if I have seemed to be arrogant, I did do it in my prelim, past papers and the exam today, and it worked fine.
    I am only stating this just for the benefit of future candidates if there will be any...
    Good luck with to you and everybody else!
    Sorry, but you're wrong. If there are six possible essays, and you learn three, then the three that you didn't learn could be the ones that appear in the exam. For example:

Essays A, B, C, D, E and F are in a unit for Higher History.

You learn essays A, B and C.

Essays D, E and F come up in the exam.

Do not recommend this advice to anyone unless you want them to fail! Your anecdotal experiences of learning essays do not prove to have any rigorous methodology to them!

Good luck with your exams as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFox)
    I'm just really worried about the paper 2 and not putting my topic title..
    Same, I hope that we won't be penalised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ami_)
    I didn't have any time to flick through any of the other topics unfortunately, I had to finish off my comparing sources But it's really interesting the variety of topics there are, at the beginning of the year I was a tad disappointed that we studied Britain and Germany because I studied them in SG. I am kinda excited for advanced... Are you taking it (or is there anybody else here that is taking it next year)?

Oh I'm not a fan of comparison questions haha, yeah that must be pretty boring for you! I done completely different topics last year so it was pretty interesting in higher. Do you know what you'll be studying in Advanced, na I was going to take it but I'm taking Advanced English and that would include far too many essays lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ami_)
    Same, I hope that we won't be penalised.
    I did that too, they'll just work it out by the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    Sorry, but you're wrong. If there are six possible essays, and you learn three, then the three that you didn't learn could be the ones that appear in the exam. For example:

Essays A, B, C, D, E and F are in a unit for Higher History.

You learn essays A, B and C.

Essays D, E and F come up in the exam.

Do not recommend this advice to anyone unless you want them to fail! Your anecdotal experiences of learning essays do not prove to have any rigorous methodology to them!

Good luck with your exams as well
    Fair enough. I was actually recommended to do this by my teacher, and I had only recommended it because I had gained success with this method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichGaughan97)
    Oh I'm not a fan of comparison questions haha, yeah that must be pretty boring for you! I done completely different topics last year so it was pretty interesting in higher. Do you know what you'll be studying in Advanced, na I was going to take it but I'm taking Advanced English and that would include far too many essays lol!
    Neither am I funnily enough! Lucky you! Next year I will be studying about Russia, as far as I know we'll be covering the 'Cold War', the Bolsheviks, communism and Soviet Russia I took advanced bio and chem too, not sure if I will cope, haha

ReputationRep:
    can anybody tell me what points of recall they used for the question 'how far does source A explain edwards resolution of the great cause?' thanks

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.