The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DesignPredator
Maybe, I did it as part of Further Additional Science, so possibly different papers.

If not, one mark wont hurt.

Yeah, I did normal Chem so that's probably why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys how did u fund the chemistry.exam could we share some questions
Original post by jomendo28
Those articles are about IGCSEs, not relevant for this exam as it's GCSE

?? I wasn't talking about this exam?
Original post by ftorrres
Yep silver-enhances taste

Doesn't it prevent bacteria growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
i think it will be 46 for an a* and around 37 for an a
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bilalnaseerr
Doesn't it prevent bacteria growth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the spec it does say to improve water taste/quality however it is a suggest question so they'll likely accept both.
Original post by just-wandering
In the spec it does say to improve water taste/quality however it is a suggest question so they'll likely accept both.

Hmm, as far as I'm concerned, it prevents the growth of bacteria and also kills them. Improving taste is subject to opinion, so probably not...
Reply 567
Original post by S.Ahmad
Hmm, as far as I'm concerned, it prevents the growth of bacteria and also kills them. Improving taste is subject to opinion, so probably not...

I put it removes chemicals easily
More reactive as u go down..bigger atom more shielding less force from nucleus and electron can b lost easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 569
More reactive as u go down..bigger atom more shielding less force from nucleus and electron can b lost easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.. What was the answer to the second to last question
Can u remind me of the question
Reply 571
Can u remind me of the question

It was the barium silver something
Original post by Mo_678
It was the barium silver something

The question where you had to say whether he was right or wrong?

I think it was both...because it said substance X turned blue - therefore he was wrong because blue = copper...

And then the second test, I didn't answer for because I didn't understand it, but all my friends who did said that the second test was correct...

Ohhh, AQA were nasty for C3 :frown:
Reply 573
Original post by victoria.98
The question where you had to say whether he was right or wrong?

I think it was both...because it said substance X turned blue - therefore he was wrong because blue = copper...

And then the second test, I didn't answer for because I didn't understand it, but all my friends who did said that the second test was correct...

Ohhh, AQA were nasty for C3 :frown:

No, i understood that thank god haha the question before that asking how you would test the Barium silver.. Can't remember exactly what it said but i know what i put for the answer
Reply 574
Original post by Mo_678
No, i understood that thank god haha the question before that asking how you would test the Barium silver.. Can't remember exactly what it said but i know what i put for the answer

I think that was the question asking how you would prove Barium Chloride contained Chloride Ions.

The answer being add dilute nitric acid and silver nitrate solution and if Chloride Ions are present a white precipitate is produced.
Reply 575
Original post by FS97
I think that was the question asking how you would prove Barium Chloride contained Chloride Ions.

The answer being add dilute nitric acid and silver nitrate solution and if Chloride Ions are present a white precipitate is produced.

Yes that's the one thanks! Damn it i put cream instead of white
Reply 576
Original post by Mo_678
Yes that's the one thanks! Damn it i put cream instead of white

Hopefully you'd get a mark for stating what is used to test for the ions, only a mark lost :smile:
Original post by Finlay Coles
b2- a* 38 a 34 b 29
b3- a* 36 a 32 b 27
c2- a* 46 a 42 b 37
c3- a* 45 a 40 b 36

I think those are a bit too low
Reply 578
Original post by Hamzah313
I think those are a bit too low

The b's are wayyy too high. Last year in c2 it was 29 to get a B!
Original post by manoornadim
But isn't the rule that if the metal formed at the cathode is more reactive than, then hydrogen is formed? And zinc is more reactive than hydrogen so hydrogen would be formed?

That's true for an (aq) solution, but not an (l) as there is not water.

Quick Reply

Latest