Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Did you get the PM?
    Yeh I did, just trying to track down my PayPal account as I haven't used it in years!

(Original post by chigyy)
    What do you guys think of this team?

Howard
    Zabaleta, Cahill, Koscielny, Zabaleta
    Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen
    Bojan, Costa, Remy

Subs: Mannone, Elmohamady, Steven Taylor, Whelan

My subs are absolute trash I know aha.
    Two Zabaletas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh I did, just trying to track down my PayPal account as I haven't used it in years!

Two Zabaletas?
    LOL, I meant Ben Davies.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another slightly different draft.
    Team Value - 98.5m
    De Gea - Krul
    F.Luis - Debuchy - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
    Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
    Rooney - Costa - Adebayor/Dzeko

Considering dropping De Jong and getting both Eriksen and Lamela. Also thinking about Siggy in for Shelvey assuming I can still afford it, a want a Swansea midfielder to rotate with Cameron. I will change any player who is not starting consistently. If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.
    I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?
    Any suggestions would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Yet another slightly different draft.
    Team Value - 98.5m
    De Gea - Krul
    F.Luis - Debuchy - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
    Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong - Shelvey - Tiote/Albrighton
    Rooney - Costa - Adebayor/Dzeko

Considering dropping De Jong and getting both Eriksen and Lamela. Also thinking about Siggy in for Shelvey assuming I can still afford it, a want a Swansea midfielder to rotate with Cameron. I will change any player who is not starting consistently. If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.
    I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?
    I would pay the extra 0.5 for Caulker over Ferdinand and another 0.5 for Ward over Mariappa. Worth it. It's exactly what I did as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I would pay the extra 0.5 for Caulker over Ferdinand and another 0.5 for Ward over Mariappa. Worth it. It's exactly what I did as well.
    I plan on using them both in a home/away rotation and I am only really looking for clean sheets as I don't think Caulker or Ward will be getting many attacking points. I just want the cheapest possible defenders that will play from QPR and Palace and ATM it looks like Ferdinand and Mariappa (although Yun is playing a lot at 4m as well.)
    I can't see Caulker and Ward getting more points than my options by enough to justify spending another 1m when that could be spent upgrading Costa to Sturridge after a few weeks or De Jong to Lamela. They seem like much more worthy upgrades to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman17)
    Some advice/feedback for my current team please. Set it up late last night;

Szczesny

Debuchy, Jagielka, Lovren, B.Davies

Mata, Oscar, Ramsey

Rooney, Lukaku, Bojan

Subs: Krul, Sigurdsson, S.De Jong, Upson

I did originally have Rooney, Lukaku, Dzeko but thought I'd stick Bojan in (think he'll impress) and could then stick Sigurdsson and De Jong in as backup that way. Both set for bright seasons I believe, especially Sigurdsson in that #10 role just behind Bony.

Cheers guys
    Too much quality/money will be left on the bench each week imo. Huge rotation headaches having to leave either two of Bojan/Sig/DeJong or one of them and one of your big defenders on the bench. And what little_wizard said wrt to Oscar. Doubts on whether he'd be a regular starter, at least to begin with.

(Original post by DH1')
    Did you get the PM?
    I'll get in on the money league. Just created my first ever PayPal account for it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Done a switch of my substitute strikers - Nugent seems like a bargain at 5.5 in my opinion .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If I can save another 0.5m then I could upgrade De Jong to Fabregas.I would also like B.Davies and Shaw in defence but can't see how to work them in, maybe Davies instead of Debuchy?
    I'd do that transfer if I were you, downgrade Krul as well since that's the easiest way to get your 0.5m. DDG won't be leaving your team anytime soon due to United's opening fixtures.

Krul > 4.0
    Debuchy > Davies

Gives you 2.5m ITB to do:

De Jong > Fabregas
    Collins/Ferdinand > 5.0 defender

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Too much quality/money will be left on the bench each week imo. Huge rotation headaches having to leave either two of Bojan/Sig/DeJong or one of them and one of your big defenders on the bench. And what little_wizard said wrt to Oscar. Doubts on whether he'd be a regular starter, at least to begin with.

I'll get in on the money league. Just created my first ever PayPal account for it
    Wicked. Nice one man. Been hard work getting people to join, so i appreciate it. Have PM'd you details of payment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Welcome back!

To register, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and use the following league code:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Regular League: 28-337
    H2H Leagues (please pick just ONE of three H2H league): 28-61027
    28-61032
    28-61041
    UFPL League: 3862-827

Current league members:

Spoiler:
    Show

DH1' - Ander's game
    Sr90 - Bony and Clyne
    Scriggy -
    mccrae01 - Maccer's barmy army
    Terry McDermott -
    aasvogel - ADHD Athlet-
    The.Joker - Liverpool FC
    mr tim - mr tim
    Wattsy - Pjanić at the Isco
    Endless Blue - Endless Points
    poiuytrewq54321 -ReUnited
    kuks - Lallanas in Pajamas
    Qari - 11
    Yawner - Somali Pirates Utd
    Kenan and Kel - LvG's Goats
    Gofre - Great wall of Howard
    ArsenalWenger - Invincibles
    Isometrix - AK Hazards
    Ibrahimbasar -
    NathanW18 -
    Skkc16 - Targaryen Blues
    TheBallWinner -
    jam278 -
    The Rusty Spork - Club Foot
    ZSHNZ - Digestive Busquets
    Luke_Mckeown - teriyaki subs
    Prandtl - Difficult 2nd Season
    khalidpatel - Dothraki Dragons
    Academic Warrior - Ramsay's Raiders
    SirMasterKey - What the Frei?
    Joshale - $Mancs TD
    Reddevil014 - The Invincibles
    fallen_acorns - Tyi
    Zerforax - Sarfhampton
    Andy Ftw - Sewellsbury City
    Luhar - RJ Rangers
    qwerty_mad - Qwerty_Mad FC
    SK7866 - Unbelievable Tekkers
    ..DT.. - Tekkerslovakia
    Shodann - IdontWannaFinishLast
    Coxy124 - Livestrong FC
    Mister Dead - ROYGBIV
    Louis. - Louis' XI
    IAmJuggernaut - Cech Out His Nani
    RVNmax - Chak de Liverpool!
    MancBoy - Isengard FC
    carrotoflies - Carrotoflies
    Stevo F- Hot Cross Guns
    Saf94 - Hayat Heroes
    Amphiprion -
    Vintage
    Alex Doran -
    Narcissist -
    McRite - Courtois United
    becknise - Porchey FC
    Danny the Geezer -
    pleasedtobeatyou - Shinji Sushi
    oli1395 - Baggie Shorts
    James2810 - Beast FC
    Undisclosed 15 -
    iRush - Just Drog It
    Incompl - Black Hand Gang
    Deshi -
    King Hotpie - Suarez's Handlers
    ThePersian - Oil suckers
    chigyy - HI
    Multitalented me -
    Aja89 - Chudley Cannons FC
    Minhle20 - M20's XI
    ELBOYZ - Borussia teeth
    Ibrahimbasar - mans just out here

Current money league entrants:

Spoiler:
    Show
    DH1'
    Andy Ftw
    little_wizard123

Here is the link to the previous thread:

And a link to the Fantasy World Cup, if anybody is interesting in knowing how it went:

And copied from the previous thread:

Registrations will only be accepted if you post your team name in this thread. You have until the start of the season to do so or you will be removed from the league. This is to prevent randoms joining who have gained access to the code. Anyone who has not submitted their team name and is in the Head to Head league will be removed before the league kicks off.

To ensure that only proper members of TSR are in the league, you should ensure that you have a post count of 500 or more (from anywhere within TSR) by the end of September. Don't be put off by this as it may change or be scrapped altogether to save me time from going through and removing people.

Finally, for the H2H leagues: there are three divisions of 20 teams. The top 6 (+2 others) go into the top division next year. After 19 weeks (the halfway point), the top 3 in each league will be entered into a 'Champions League' for the final 18 weeks.

Good luck to everybody, apart from Colbert.

Ash Goodin - It's Ukraining Men - Division B

ReputationRep:
    I plan on using them both in a home/away rotation and I am only really looking for clean sheets as I don't think Caulker or Ward will be getting many attacking points. I just want the cheapest possible defenders that will play from QPR and Palace and ATM it looks like Ferdinand and Mariappa (although Yun is playing a lot at 4m as well.)
    I can't see Caulker and Ward getting more points than my options by enough to justify spending another 1m when that could be spent upgrading Costa to Sturridge after a few weeks or De Jong to Lamela. They seem like much more worthy upgrades to me.
    I see your point, it did feel a bit odd to spend £5m on QPR and Palace. But then when Pulis came in, their defence was a rock. Also, Mariappa, despite starting, isn't really favoured by Pulis. Also, Ferdinand has absolutely zero goal threat and probably isn't fit enough to get through every game. Caulker scored 5 last year which is easily worth the additional money, just by scoring a couple more goals. 0.5 on each of them is great value imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamaimash)
    Ash Goodin - It's Ukraining Men - Division B
    Great team name. Cheers for that.

ReputationRep:
    need a striker for 5.5m can't decide between Campbell for Arsenal or Bojan for stoke, I could take out Rooney for someone slightly cheaper and add some value on to a 3rd striker I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well Campbell won't play and Bojan probably will, so there you go. I like Bojan as an option. I'd keep Rooney.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Onto about the tenth incarnation of my team but finally happy with it

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)

Why have Vlaar? Villa are poor in defence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)

You slashed the cash in midfield quite a bit. Any injuries, rotation or suspensions and your team is in trouble. I would drop Silva for Eriksen, Sanchez for Ramsey and then improve on Nugent but that is just because I think 3-4-3 is always the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Another bit of tinkering (not gambling on Diego Costa right now at 10.5) has left me with:

Foster
    Debuchy - Shaw - Cameron - Ferdinand
    Fábregas - Nasri - Arnautovic (v)
    Dzeko - Rooney (C) - Lukaku

Subs: Guzan/ Tadic/ Ward/ Sigurdsson.

Foster and Guzan will rotate this season. Will probably sell Debuchy after a couple of weeks due to difficult fixtures with a view to bringing in Eriksen/ Felipe Luis. Sigurdsson and Tadic will start more often after they get their tricky opening games out of the way.

Not 100% sure on Nasri and having the Foster/ Guzan partnership.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407159121.832768.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  69.3 KB

Current team £99 mil value. Not sure whether to remove Remy and get a cheaper forward and put in another high scoring midfielder like Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407159121.832768.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  69.3 KB

Current team £99 mil value. Not sure whether to remove Remy and get a cheaper forward and put in another high scoring midfielder like Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I think Remy is a good shout.
    For the lesser teams, you want to have their main striker because he is "likely" to score most of their goals.

For that reason, I have Remy and long up front with Sturridge.
    Not too expensive, meaning I can have a high quality midfield and defence.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.