Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Con08)
    Thanks, I didn't sign up to receive my results through text/email, so I'll have to wait till tuesday morning but good luck to everyone
    Ahhh, did you decide that or what. I couldn't imagine having to wait until the post if I knew I could get them earlier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Ahhh, did you decide that or what. I couldn't imagine having to wait until the post if I knew I could get them earlier...
    yeh, I decided but kinda regretting it now. Use my email a lot more frequently than I did before exams. At least it will give me a chance to see how everyone else has done first :P
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Con08)
    yeh, I decided but kinda regretting it now. Use my email a lot more frequently than I did before exams. At least it will give me a chance to see how everyone else has done first :P
    That's fair enough - when does your post usually come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    That's fair enough - when does your post usually come.
    got it really early (9am) last year as my next door neighbours uncle is our postman and was going to deliver her results early so dropped mine at the same time. Although, she's not at school any more so could be any time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Con08)
    got it really early (9am) last year as my next door neighbours uncle is our postman and was going to deliver her results early so dropped mine at the same time. Although, she's not at school any more so could be any time.
    Ahhh, you never know - he may still drop them round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsisannoying)
    Thanks sam, i have a few questions that you could answer that i have seen crop up a few times on some forums

1) Do the teachers Get the Results the Day before you?
    2) When does UCAS/universities receive your results?
    3) Opening Times for UCAS on Exam Day?
    4) Do the Results via text/email come in hourly waves from early morning to 8-9am or can they vary?
    1 - Yes they do.
    2 - The same, I believe.
    3 - I'm pretty sure they don't open until the day after. But I'\d check that with UCAS.
    4 - They are all sent to be with you at 9am. What that means practically is that some get sent (in random order) a bit earlier.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, I've been trying to keep myself busy with work and stuff but I'm starting to get a bit terrified now... I don't think I want my results back

I received the email just after 1 o'clock last year for my Standard Grades but I couldn't bring myself to actually look at it
    I just stared at my emails for about twenty minutes until I just shut my laptop over and went to bed and tried to get some sleep.

ReputationRep:
    28 hours to go until the first batches of results are released :woo:

How's everyone feeling?
    Excited? Nervous?

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Good luck everyone! I'm particularly nervous for Tuesday. I'm under [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]an immense amount of pressure to achieve 5 As since my whole family have gotten that in the past and t[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]hat's what I got in my prelims. However, i don't think I've managed to get the 5 As and I'm worried about what people will say. Safe to say i wont be getting any sleep until my email comes. [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsisannoying)
    yeah english is highly opinion based, although the marks are usually around the same but can differ from marker to marker. For example one of my essays that was marked in a prelim got 21 from one teacher and 17 from another its quite a confusing subject sometimes.
    Yeah I'm most worried about English because of that reason! Like my other exams I kind of have an idea with how they went but English I have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Milk Thief)
    Ahhhh, I've been trying to keep myself busy with work and stuff but I'm starting to get a bit terrified now... I don't think I want my results back

I received the email just after 1 o'clock last year for my Standard Grades but I couldn't bring myself to actually look at it
    I just stared at my emails for about twenty minutes until I just shut my laptop over and went to bed and tried to get some sleep.
    Me too! I'm working all day on Tuesday so I might just delay my walk home from the hotel I work in, hahaa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManicPumpkin)
    If you got a B you had to give them £20?! Jeez...

So by your system, last year I would have earned £60 and lost £40, therefore making £20 in total. Doesn't seem worth it tbh!
    It really depends on the results! For example, my sister got 6 1's and 2 2's in S4, which would have given her £80 except she got scared the night before and agreed to take £20 regardless of results. I, on the other hand, got 8 straight 1's the year after... £££

(They learnt last year though, and told me that they spent the money for my H:AAAAA I1:A on my birthday present rather than give it straight over- I would've felt bad doing it again though!)

Nah, couldn't do it this year; I don't even think I'd break even!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morv)
    Me too! I'm working all day on Tuesday so I might just delay my walk home from the hotel I work in, hahaa!
    Hahaha I never thought I'd ever want to work as much as I have been! I live on a farm and there's always something else that needs doing so at least I've got something to keep me busy.

Good luck for your results though! What exams did you sit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caralong)
    Good luck everyone! I'm particularly nervous for Tuesday. I'm under an immense amount of pressure to achieve 5 As since my whole family have gotten that in the past and that's what I got in my prelims. However, i don't think I've managed to get the 5 As and I'm worried about what people will say. Safe to say i wont be getting any sleep until my email comes.
    I'm sure you'll do fine :hugs:
    Just remember that you've tried your hardest and that's all you can do :yes:
    Besides, AAAAA is a very high expectation...

What are your future aims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    How nervous are you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only a little, I'm expecting 12 A band 1's in my AAH's (Advanced Advanced Highers for the idiots on this forum not in the know.) although, but for my 13th, AAH Chinese Classics, I'm slightly nervous, as I don't think my analysis of Luo Quanzhongs Romance of the Three Kingdom's was enough to merit an A band 1, only a mere A band 2 mostly because I didn't comment on the significance of Sun Ce giving the imperial seal to Yaun Shu towards the settlement of Jiangdong, and how it affected the eventual outcome of Chinese society.

It shouldn't be a problem anyway, it's not related to my degree (Mathematics at Cambridge of course, they're is no other course worth studying in the UK) and I know I have 100% in STEP IV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    1 - Yes they do.
    2 - The same, I believe.
    3 - I'm pretty sure they don't open until the day after. But I'\d check that with UCAS.
    4 - They are all sent to be with you at 9am. What that means practically is that some get sent (in random order) a bit earlier.
    Good luck!
    SAM, you've changed your picture since I last saw you on here. You're looking rather beautiful as always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I'm sure you'll do fine :hugs:
    Just remember that you've tried your hardest and that's all you can do :yes:
    Besides, AAAAA is a very high expectation...

What are your future aims?
    I know it's a pretty daunting task and everyone in my year is expecting me to get a repeat of my prelim results but I found my exams a lot harder than I expected them to be. I'm not sure what i want to do yet and im starting to panic. I intend to go to uni, hopefully in glasgow but i dont know what i want to do there exactly.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    SAM, you've changed your picture since I last saw you on here. You're looking rather beautiful as always
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Only a little, I'm expecting 12 A band 1's in my AAH's (Advanced Advanced Highers for the idiots on this forum not in the know.) although, but for my 13th, AAH Chinese Classics, I'm slightly nervous, as I don't think my analysis of Luo Quanzhongs Romance of the Three Kingdom's was enough to merit an A band 1, only a mere A band 2 mostly because I didn't comment on the significance of Sun Ce giving the imperial seal to Yaun Shu towards the settlement of Jiangdong, and how it affected the eventual outcome of Chinese society.

It shouldn't be a problem anyway, it's not related to my degree (Mathematics at Cambridge of course, they're is no other course worth studying in the UK) and I know I have 100% in STEP IV.
    ^High as a kite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! I'm particularly nervous for Tuesday. I'm under an immense amount of pressure to achieve 5 As since my whole family have gotten that in the past and that's what I got in my prelims. However, i don't think I've managed to get the 5 As and I'm worried about what people will say. Safe to say i wont be getting any sleep until my email comes.
    I'm feel your pain, everyone expects me to get AAAAA too but I don't think I've got them either. I reckon I'm looking at AAABB at best. I don't want to disappoint anyone, or myself! And I hate the prospect of being compared to other people, it's horrible! Anyone that I've spoken to about the results has just said, "Urgh, I don't know what you're worried about, you're guaranteed to do well" etc. but I don't think they realise how much pressure that can put on you.

Good luck for your results too!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a pretty daunting task and everyone in my year is expecting me to get a repeat of my prelim results but I found my exams a lot harder than I expected them to be. I'm not sure what i want to do yet and im starting to panic. I intend to go to uni, hopefully in glasgow but i dont know what i want to do there exactly.
    Don't panic - you'll be okay :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.