Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Congratulations!!! is Bristol your top one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no it's my last one but it's nice to even get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    Haha no it's my last one but it's nice to even get an offer!
    Ooh yeah I'm super edgy with no offers 2 weeks after I sent it
    Where are your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully be applying to Warwick, York, Nottingham, Surrey and not sure about my last choice. Stuck between UEA, Southampton and QMUL. Which one do you guys think is the best one? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah I'm super edgy with no offers 2 weeks after I sent it
    Where are your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont worry, offers will come!!

I've applied to cambridge, LSE, ucl, Warwick and Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    Dont worry, offers will come!!

I've applied to cambridge, LSE, ucl, Warwick and Bristol
    I hope so, I'm just so impatient aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On Oct 14 I applied to Cambridge (St Catz), LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol.

I have A*A*A in Maths, Physics, Economics respectively. As well as a C in AS Biology (I did have extenuating circumstances). I have also committed myself to doing the Further Maths A-level in my gap year.

I have received acknowledgement of application from all of these universities.

I would be very happy to go to any one of the universities that I have applied to, and I appreciate that lots of them are quite ambitious.

ReputationRep:
    Well ages ago I posted in this group that I'd be applying for Economics, but a change of heart has lead me to apply for Mathematics instead! So good luck with your applications everyone, but I no longer belong in the Economics group! If anyone is applying for Edinburgh though, please message me! It's my main choice and it would be nice to meet some friends that I could potentially see at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Had 2 offers from 5 so far, Bath (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). Received acknowledgment from Oxford, LSE and Warwick too. Predicted 3A*s at A2 (economics, geography and maths) and an A in my EPQ and achieved 4A's at AS (the other 3 subjects and chemistry - took part in Chemistry Olympiad and got a silver award in Cambridge Chemistry Challenge). Got 8A*s, 2As, a distinction and a B at GCSE (B in Latin). Gained work experience at HSBC, did Young Enterprise, attended lectures at LSE and read books too, as well as doing Target 2.0. Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 789tom789)
    Had 2 offers from 5 so far, Bath (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). Received acknowledgment from Oxford, LSE and Warwick too. Predicted 3A*s at A2 (economics, geography and maths) and an A in my EPQ and achieved 4A's at AS (the other 3 subjects and chemistry - took part in Chemistry Olympiad and got a silver award in Cambridge Chemistry Challenge). Got 8A*s, 2As, a distinction and a B at GCSE (B in Latin). Gained work experience at HSBC, did Young Enterprise, attended lectures at LSE and read books too, as well as doing Target 2.0. Good luck to everyone!
    Congratulations!! Having two offers must be such a relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! Having two offers must be such a relief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess it is, I come from a pretty bad college too so hopefully that'll help with LSE and Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it is, I come from a pretty bad college too so hopefully that'll help with LSE and Oxford.
    Yeah they look contextually so that may go in your favour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they look contextually so that may go in your favour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saw you hope to go to Warwick, good luck! I may see you there....

ReputationRep:
    Congrats:awesome: I hope I get an offer that quickly!
    How bad is your college? As in stats wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Congrats:awesome: I hope I get an offer that quickly!
    How bad is your college? As in stats wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's in the bottom 40% of the country so qualifies for contextual offers, average point score per A Level entry is 212.5 and that means the average grade is a C basically. 4% of people get AAB or higher.

ReputationRep:
    Saw you hope to go to Warwick, good luck! I may see you there....
    Ooh it's my favourite really (even though I've applied to cambridge too) I really want to get in gah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it's in the bottom 40% of the country so qualifies for contextual offers, average point score per A Level entry is 212.5 and that means the average grade is a C basically. 4% of people get AAB or higher.
    Oh that makes me feel a lot better my school is actually worse than your's. Average point score per a level entry is 191.8 (D+). 0% achieve aab at a level do you know if all unis look at how good your school is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmethed0ctor)
    Well ages ago I posted in this group that I'd be applying for Economics, but a change of heart has lead me to apply for Mathematics instead! So good luck with your applications everyone, but I no longer belong in the Economics group! If anyone is applying for Edinburgh though, please message me! It's my main choice and it would be nice to meet some friends that I could potentially see at uni!

Edinburgh is my first choice also, where are you applying from? Have you visited the uni yet and if so what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Con08)
    Edinburgh is my first choice also, where are you applying from? Have you visited the uni yet and if so what did you think?
    Hi! I'm from Newcastle, you? Yeah I went up in June for the open day and fell in love with the place. City is beautiful, university is well kitted out and the lecturers seemed really nice so I'm hoping and praying for an offer! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 11A* 1A at GCSE
    At AS level,
    Maths - A
    Economics - A
    History - A
    Politics - B

Predicted grades should be - A*A*A, so I was just wondering with a good PS and reference, do you guys think il get offers from Wawrick and Nottingham ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    I got 11A* 1A at GCSE
    At AS level,
    Maths - A
    Economics - A
    History - A
    Politics - B

Predicted grades should be - A*A*A, so I was just wondering with a good PS and reference, do you guys think il get offers from Wawrick and Nottingham ?
    Most probably yes
    You have a good shot, i'd say go for it:yes:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.