Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I don't know, but my friends don't know anything about my mental health and we aren't 'close' so its kinda awkward really. How are you?
    ah okay, that must be difficult at times yeah, do you have anyone you can talk to about things like your GP or? I'm okay, tired cause I didn't get much kip & a little anxious as about to meet my girlfriends brother for the first time, but if that goes okay I should be alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    ah okay, that must be difficult at times yeah, do you have anyone you can talk to about things like your GP or? I'm okay, tired cause I didn't get much kip & a little anxious as about to meet my girlfriends brother for the first time, but if that goes okay I should be alright!
    yeah i have people to talk too, just not really people that live near or anything! I went to my gp once and it was just awful!
    Aw! I didn't sleep much either I'm sure meeting your girlfriends brother will go fine :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have people to talk too, just not really people that live near or anything! I went to my gp once and it was just awful!
    Aw! I didn't sleep much either I'm sure meeting your girlfriends brother will go fine :hugs:
    that's ashame they aren't nearby, is good you have people though at least! sorry your GP wasn't any good :/ I think I must be quite lucky that I have a nice one cause most people seem to have crap ones!

I rarely sleep well tbh, chatted to a Uni friend which was nice though, found out she has like MH issues as well though which wasn't so great :/ but yeah, he seems nice so far at least! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    that's ashame they aren't nearby, is good you have people though at least! sorry your GP wasn't any good :/ I think I must be quite lucky that I have a nice one cause most people seem to have crap ones!

I rarely sleep well tbh, chatted to a Uni friend which was nice though, found out she has like MH issues as well though which wasn't so great :/ but yeah, he seems nice so far at least! :hugs:
    yeah, I'm lucky and yeah, the gp was useless and i left the place in tears! I usually sleep fine but, after last nights fiasco, my sleep was interrupted and then my mom woke me up -.- report back when you've met him?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My dad handed me a letter he found for me yesterday - turns out that after I missed last week's CBT, they had rescheduled it for today :eek: Thank goodness I saw it in time!

Went for the session and set 3 goals. We're going to discuss therapy options more next week but for the moment it looks like I'll be having 6 weeks of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), with the chance of more sessions afterwards if I feel it is helping

(Original post by MJlover)
    thank God, my meds for my social anxiety are working cos I had no idea what I'd do come uni, all those classes full of people, my commitment to societies, the library, I don't know how I'd cope!

But I alo have my psychosis at hand. Still can hear voices, don't know how it'll effect me at uni yet.

does anyone else suffer from psychosis?
    I suffer from psychosis - my diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder :yes:

Glad to hear your social anxiety is a bit better

ReputationRep:
    so i find out that I'm the only person in my school to get an A* in psychology :') it seems a small thing to be proud of, and kinda big headed, but it makes me feel good my teacher is being too nice to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    My dad handed me a letter he found for me yesterday - turns out that after I missed last week's CBT, they had rescheduled it for today :eek: Thank goodness I saw it in time!

Went for the session and set 3 goals. We're going to discuss therapy options more next week but for the moment it looks like I'll be having 6 weeks of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), with the chance of more sessions afterwards if I feel it is helping
    Really hope it helps you.

so i find out that I'm the only person in my school to get an A* in psychology :') it seems a small thing to be proud of, and kinda big headed, but it makes me feel good my teacher is being too nice to me!
    That's awesome, you should totally be proud of that! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    Congratulations! :woo:

(Original post by superwolf)
    Really hope it helps you.

That's awesome, you should totally be proud of that! :hugs:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Well done
    been top of the year both AS and A2, and my teacher reckons I could go really far in the subject, which is pretty nice to hear because she doesn't say that a lot to people, she's very strict with high standards! I'll put my big head away now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well done
    You got a parcel. What's inside?? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    You got a parcel. What's inside?? :puppyeyes:
    Lots of cheese.

been top of the year both AS and A2, and my teacher reckons I could go really far in the subject, which is pretty nice to hear because she doesn't say that a lot to people, she's very strict with high standards! I'll put my big head away now :lol:
    Ah, I think you have a right to be proud of yourself for a while

ReputationRep:
    Lots of cheese.
    *squeak squeak*

Hopefully will have an appointment with GP next week to discuss mh issues, after my consultant for a physical illness finally got round to writing to them (only took a month!!). Guess I'm kinda scared about what might happen and what sort of ball I've started rolling! The consultant recommended a referral to a psychologist, but I'm kinda hoping that I might just be able to get a straightforward referral to CBT or something similar without actually needing to see a psychologist. I guess just see what the GP thinks!

Hope everyone's doing well!

ReputationRep:
    well done! that's awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hopefully will have an appointment with GP next week to discuss mh issues, after my consultant for a physical illness finally got round to writing to them (only took a month!!). Guess I'm kinda scared about what might happen and what sort of ball I've started rolling! The consultant recommended a referral to a psychologist, but I'm kinda hoping that I might just be able to get a straightforward referral to CBT or something similar without actually needing to see a psychologist. I guess just see what the GP thinks!

Hope everyone's doing well!
    Good luck! You might find it useful to have a read of this website, so you'll know what to expect - it's nothing scary, and remember that you'll be a lot happier and healthier once you've got your MH problems under control. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Back from my interview, really hope I get it, please please please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Nah, it's not your fault my brain makes weird connections the whole time! :lol: And it got Pompeii out of my head for the first time in dauys, which can only be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing wrong with Bastille being stuck in your head! Even if Pompeii is the most overplayed song ever >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Back from my interview, really hope I get it, please please please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would pray for you if i was religious, but since i'm not have my luck instead x] :hugs:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Nothing wrong with Bastille being stuck in your head! Even if Pompeii is the most overplayed song ever >.<
    I don't know, "Rockstar" by Nickelback was just, urgh. What annoyed me most was that i liked them back when they were small, and then a year after they released that album, the music video made people go crazy for it. Then everyone jumped on the hate band wagon because radios overplayed that one song... :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    Did you know anything about the boiler needing servicing? Guy just phoned and wants to come round tomorrow.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.