?
Report 4 years ago
Conditional for Language, Culture and Communication
Wanderlust__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if assessments at Warwick are all at the end of the year (summer) or modular exams? (Jan and june) thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
BobsRaizada
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheAnnabelle)
Hello everyone!

This is just a thread for all Warwick offer holders to get to know each other/ chat and what not.

I'm an offer holder for Politics, International Studies and French!

What about you?

Is Warwick your first choice? What have you heard about the uni/ what appealed to you? What are you most excited/nervous about it regards to uni?
Conditional BSc Economics 😁
tazza ma razza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Proud offer holder of Accounting and Finance!

Warwick is my insurance, providing i get either LSE Accounting and Finance or UCL economics. Else, it'll be my firm and bath A and F my insurance.
theoaze
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if the 7th March open day is just a general open day and/or what kinda events are going to be on?

EDIT: Ok, apparently it's a Warwick Visit, where you'll get to have a tour, meet staff and students etc. So would I be losing out if I went on this day rather than the subject specific (engineering) open day?
adrians1948
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theoaze)
Does anyone know if the 7th March open day is just a general open day and/or what kinda events are going to be on?

EDIT: Ok, apparently it's a Warwick Visit, where you'll get to have a tour, meet staff and students etc. So would I be losing out if I went on this day rather than the subject specific (engineering) open day?
I have the exact same question ( for Accounting and Finance though). Apparently, I cannot book for the 25th feb event ... it seems that is full already... what should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jokernaut218
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conditional Offer (A*A) Holder for BSc Economics & Industrial Organisation!

I'm a bit concerned... my school does Alevels in a weird manner in which we do two full A2s in Year 12 and another two A2s in Year 13. I've gotten an A and B in Pure Mathematics and Physics respectively last year. This summer, I'll be doing Economics, Accounting and AS Further Math... However considering that my school does this rigorous accelerated course getting that A* will be tricky. Will Warwick reject me straightaway if I fall short of the grade? How likely is it that they will try to understand the situation and offer me a place?
Zaferno
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on your condition offer!

I had a similar question as you Jokernaut concerning how amenable universities are if you do not quite achieve you offer exactly. Everyone I know have told me that it really just depends... not very helpful.. I know. But I honestly think that if you fall short on one grade and the subject is difficult in addition to the way your particular school teaches it then the University will be understanding. I know many people have been accepted despite falling short on one grade so it is not that abnormal. I was happy to receive my conditional offer for Biochemistry but my my Chemistry grade requirement is scaring me!

I have only heard great things about Warwick uni and I can't wait to get other offers in before truly deciding.

I've seen that a few other people have applied to biochem at Warwick... I'd be interested to know what other unis you've applied to and your general thoughts
milkberries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyones else here worried about the social aspects of uni? I want to firm Warwick, but I don't really know how I feel about the whole living in the 'middle of nowhere' situation :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
2015brj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by milkberries)
Is anyones else here worried about the social aspects of uni? I want to firm Warwick, but I don't really know how I feel about the whole living in the 'middle of nowhere' situation :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the exact same position as you. I've been brought up in Tokyo so the idea of living in a small town/city is quite strange... I'm planning on visiting Warwick just to see what its like in March. I'm extremely tempted to go to Bristol (have an offer) or KCL (waiting for a decision) for the reason of location but then Warwick's reputation and the experience of a campus uni keep making me reconsider... Super confused at the moment :/
srdesg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yay me too!!are you firming warwick? what are they asking for?
(Original post by Maddyh)
Conditional for Language, Culture and Communication
alessandro96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are there any italian offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
apsanar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have my offer holder day tomorrow and i'm so nervous for some reason LOL! anyways, I looked at the basic format of the PAIS open day and I was wondering whether our parents are going to be with us during the taster seminar and during the introduction?
Squeeze
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats everybody for your offers ! I just recieved mine today : an offer in International Business if I get 15 average in my French Baccalaureat.
Who is also studying International Business ? And is anybody here French as well ?
CantonHero
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am going to an offer holders day for Biomedical science on 11th February, but my email doesn't exactly say where I'm supposed to go. Anybody who is going to one/has been know where to go?
Maddyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srdesg)
yay me too!!are you firming warwick? what are they asking for?
I'm not sure! I 'm waiting for a few other potential offers first and then I'll decide. I need 36 points from International Baccalaureate, you?
srdesg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah me too
where else have you applied and heard from? (:
(Original post by Maddyh)
I'm not sure! I 'm waiting for a few other potential offers first and then I'll decide. I need 36 points from International Baccalaureate, you?
dondo97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is there a facebook page for offer holders?
Rid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dondo97)
is there a facebook page for offer holders?
It's called Warwick university 2015 entry. Has about 50 members. I don't know how to copy the link from the facebook app, sorry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
dondo97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rid)
It's called Warwick university 2015 entry. Has about 50 members. I don't know how to copy the link from the facebook app, sorry :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks i just found it, could you accept me my name is 'Nikhil'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (413)
37.79%
No - but I will (83)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (522)
47.76%

Watched Threads