Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooftar)
    Just got an offer!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations! what was your offer? and do you mind sharing your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvnh)
    congratulations! what was your offer? and do you mind sharing your predicted grades?
    Thank you! The offer is A*AA (A* in maths). My GCSE's are 6A* 3A 1B. AS AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*AA (maths,physics,history,econ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! The offer is A*AA (A* in maths). My GCSE's are 6A* 3A 1B. AS AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*AA (maths,physics,history,econ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's impressive grades! Did you apply for the economics stream then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvnh)
    Wow, that's impressive grades! Did you apply for the economics stream then?
    I did. They sent me an email two weeks ago asking me which stream I wanted to go into in the second and third years. ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did. They sent me an email two weeks ago asking me which stream I wanted to go into in the second and third years. ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh cool. Congratulations, again I bet it'll be really good!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Congratulations!
    Thank you!! ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just withdrew my app for PPE! Got an offer from LSE for Politics and IR and couldn't wait any longer for a decision that would have probably been a rejection~

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a questionnaire for PPE? I think most other subjects have a questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think there is one for PPE , at least I didn't receive one and haven't heard of any other to do so. I guess they don't have one for it cause it's a new course so they might start with that in the next years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just emailed them about my application. wonder how long it takes them so respond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saysay)
    just emailed them about my application. wonder how long it takes them so respond.
    I was thinking of doing the same. It's nearly March now, pretty sure all other Russell Groups finished up offers months ago. Last year Oxford were last to reply to me and that was January!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saysay)
    I'm wondering if i should withdraw my application--I'm definitely firming lse and the earlier I apply for financial aid there (which I can do only if I firm) the better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps Ucl's plan was to get loads of withdrawals to make decisions easier. I know I personally couldn't wait for a decision I didn't care about when I lnew I was firming lse and many others seem the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)
    Perhaps Ucl's plan was to get loads of withdrawals to make decisions easier. I know I personally couldn't wait for a decision I didn't care about when I lnew I was firming lse and many others seem the same
    That would be really unprofessional for UCL to do that. I really hope that wasn't their plan, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sellerofdreams)
    I'm wondering if i should withdraw my application--I'm definitely firming lse and the earlier I apply for financial aid there (which I can do only if I firm) the better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well if you are def going to lse it would probably be the polite thing to do because someone else who is planning on firming ucl will be able to receive your spot. i think they truly are waiting for withdrawals from people who got better spots and then they will start accepting people. i emailed them and it was very uncertain when they will be responding. they said that we will know by march 31 but untll then if my application is still being considered i willl just have to wait and hope they get to it.

ReputationRep:
    So are they just being slow, or am I the dregs at the bottom of the barrel about to be rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haza2012)
    So are they just being slow, or am I the dregs at the bottom of the barrel about to be rejected?
    They are just slow. If you were the dregs at the bottom of the barrel, they would have had to have identified you as the dregs at the bottom of the barrel, and would thus have rejected you anyway. They will get to all of us, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything new yet ? :P
    it's really getting ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Nope, heard absolutely nothing...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.