Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by tom-physics)
    comp sci not comics haha
    I can just see you NatScis doing a module in Marvel v Manga...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SydneyKid)
    Hey Congratulations! I'm a girl waiting to hear where i've been fished, did you get an email from murray? I applied for history too, it sounds like newnham and murray have been emailing about history but I haven't heard from them.... i wonder if i got in there
    Hey congrats to you too You must be so nervous to hear where you're going, I know I was! I got a letter from my (previously) preferred college with an offer without telling me from whom, and then a call yesterday from MEC Notification depends on when your preferred college sends out their letters/emails, most people get theirs the following day. You'll love it whichever college you go to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I'm exactly the same. I know so many amazing people who so deserved it and I'm nowhere near as intelligent as.. it makes me sad knowing they won't be going when they deserved it and work so hard .
    Yeah this is exactly what I mean, like I know so many people desperate to go and I just applied in a this will be amazing if I get in sort of way but I'll be alright if I don't :/ obviously I'm ecstatic but I feel guilty when some excellent friends don't have offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1www1)
    Nürnberg (Germany) What's your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah lovely, I feel a bit cultured having heard of that place! A*AA, guessing yours is A*A*A? Mine is quite nice for Cambridge I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Anyone else feel a bit undeserving of an offer? I know so many people who seemed so much more into cambridge who've been rejected, not that I'm saying I'm not keen just that they were more if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I'm exactly the same. I know so many amazing people who so deserved it and I'm nowhere near as intelligent as.. it makes me sad knowing they won't be going when they deserved it and work so hard .
    Imposter Syndrome. Don't worry, it's an extremely common feeling. If you have an offer you deserved it

"impostor syndrome is particularly common among high-achieving men and women"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmberW1997)
    Hey congrats to you too You must be so nervous to hear where you're going, I know I was! I got a letter from my (previously) preferred college with an offer without telling me from whom, and then a call yesterday from MEC Notification depends on when your preferred college sends out their letters/emails, most people get theirs the following day. You'll love it whichever college you go to!
    Thanks, I still haven't heard, i guess I'll just have to keep waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    Ah lovely, I feel a bit cultured having heard of that place! A*AA, guessing yours is A*A*A? Mine is quite nice for Cambridge I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha No, I'm doing the Abitur Same goes for my offer (1.1 and 14 in Chem, Phys, and Math)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Are you on Edexcel? Can't advise you otherwise
    Indeed I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Yeah this is exactly what I mean, like I know so many people desperate to go and I just applied in a this will be amazing if I get in sort of way but I'll be alright if I don't :/ obviously I'm ecstatic but I feel guilty when some excellent friends don't have offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I really did want to go, but it wasn't the end of the world if I didn't; I would have taken it as a learning curve and a good experience - I had so much fun and learnt so much in my interview. Then there are others who are crushed because they had their hearts set on it.

(Original post by jneill)
    Imposter Syndrome. Don't worry, it's a extremely common feeling. If you have an offer you deserved it

"impostor syndrome is particularly common among high-achieving men and women"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
    Thank you . I know, who are we to disagree with the tutors; they have so much experience of it etc.. I just feel sad .

Had a look at the link and that is actually me always .

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke, Land Economy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary9196)
    Hey! I got an offer too! Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic at St John's
    Another ASNC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Indeed I am
    Haha alright Idk personally it was a lot less interesting than M1 and had tedious topics (COM and moments) and just generally didn't enjoy it. S3 is also probably easier to pick up and self teach as it's basically hypothesis testing from S2 in a lot more detail Are you self teaching AS FM or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom-physics)
    I think Compsci would be really useful, wether i went into research or a job after. They asked me about ice melting in water and salt dissolving in water :confused::confused: my bull****ting skills really had to be on point that day earth sciences is a bit like physical geography isn't it? Materials looks quite interesting, you think it's very mathematical? i hope its not too much chemistry :cool:
    I went on a Materials summer school at Cambridge last year and obviously it was a total introductory course, but there were definitely mathematical elements that came up even at the most basic level. And I think you'd be fine without Chemistry too.

ReputationRep:
    College:King'sSubject:MusicOffer : A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Really really happy to be able to post here!

Congratulations everyone!

College: Magdalene
    Course: English
    Offer: A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    I went on a Materials summer school at Cambridge last year and obviously it was a total introductory course, but there were definitely mathematical elements that came up even at the most basic level. And I think you'd be fine without Chemistry too.
    Thats great then i'm set on doing that thank you , do we get assessed on our first year btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Haha alright Idk personally it was a lot less interesting than M1 and had tedious topics (COM and moments) and just generally didn't enjoy it. S3 is also probably easier to pick up and self teach as it's basically hypothesis testing from S2 in a lot more detail Are you self teaching AS FM or something?
    I see... I quite like hypothesis testing haha so I think S3 would be better! Thanks
    Well, I told cambridge that I was self teaching it for fun, and they included it as part of my offer :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1www1)
    I understand Where did you apply originally?

Posted from TSR Mobile

to Caius, I found them so cool because they have their beautiful old main college building and then they have literally incredible accommodation building(s?) and I guess I liked the idea of having formal dinners in like old wooden panelled rooms etc etc... But yeah, I have actually visited ME before and it is lovely but definitely not one of those castle-y type old buildings haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    I see... I quite like hypothesis testing haha so I think S3 would be better! Thanks
    Well, I told cambridge that I was self teaching it for fun, and they included it as part of my offer :lol:
    Lol what? Just s3 as part as your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol what? Just s3 as part as your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no an A in AS further maths Taught FP1, S2 and think I'm gonna do s3 next

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.