Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staringatshadows)
    I got an email saying they received my letter but did anyone else get a second email saying the first one was recalled?
    I haven't. What is that meant to mean? Do they want the original letter of acceptance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samispector)
    I haven't. What is that meant to mean? Do they want the original letter of acceptance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Foodatastic)
    yes, i did...
    I have no idea what it meant...
    Does it mean they didn't get our letters?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what it meant...
    Does it mean they didn't get our letters?
    i have no idea, this is the email:

************(HWSF) would like to recall the message, "Harris Westminster Sixth Form: Acceptance Form Receipt".
    Privacy and Confidentiality Notice The information, attachment and opinions contained in this message are strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete any attached files from your system.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make sense.
    I suggest you reply and ask them to be more specific with what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On Royal Mail, it does show that my letter reached HWSF, but it seems weird... The letter was received by the same person who sent the emails, but the signature is weirdly similar to the word "Lol". I'm not kidding.

ReputationRep:
    On Royal Mail, it does show that my letter reached HWSF, but it seems weird... The letter was received by the same person who sent the emails, but the signature is weirdly similar to the word "Lol". I'm not kidding.
    I got a confirmation email on Monday, nothing was recalled.

Lol. Sorry I can't help but laugh. The office is a bit all over the place, I've noticed that.

A couple of months ago they sent me someone else's email with everything in it from their predicted grades, to the their address. I had everything about the girl in an email. I was almost convinced to phone the girl and tell her that her info had been compromised. I emailed the school to tell them i wasn't the right girl. They apologised, but I still have the girl's info; the email wasn't recalled.

I like the school a lot, but mistakes like that are fatal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braidednightmare)
    I got a confirmation email on Monday, nothing was recalled.

Lol. Sorry I can't help but laugh. The office is a bit all over the place, I've noticed that.

A couple of months ago they sent me someone else's email with everything in it from their predicted grades, to the their address. I had everything about the girl in an email. I was almost convinced to phone the girl and tell her that her info had been compromised. I emailed the school to tell them i wasn't the right girl. They apologised, but I still have the girl's info; the email wasn't recalled.

I like the school a lot, but mistakes like that are fatal!
    I found the signature thing kinda funny, but didn't expect it from the school that represents itself in a fully elitist and practically independent school manner.

Its very disturbing that they send other people's information accidentally, regardless of it being an accident, it is very dangerous.

I agree, the school seems nice, however it does seem disorganised.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing politics maths philosophy and economics
    (I hope to get a economics degree at uni and go into finance)

ReputationRep:
    I found the signature thing kinda funny, but didn't expect it from the school that represents itself in a fully elitist and practically independent school manner.

Its very disturbing that they send other people's information accidentally, regardless of it being an accident, it is very dangerous.

I agree, the school seems nice, however it does seem disorganised.
    Good. I thought i was just the only one who felt this way. I suppose you have to be prepared for these type of things with most new schools.

All the problems seem to stem from the office staff, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xctv)
    Haha. Almost twinning. I'm taking economics, history, maths and politics.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't pick history for gcse or a level due to the workload really

ReputationRep:
    Good. I thought i was just the only one who felt this way. I suppose you have to be prepared for these type of things with most new schools.

All the problems seem to stem from the office staff, right?
    Yeah, it does seem to boil down to the office staff, than the school itself. However, every school as a downside; believe me, my current school is much worse in organisation. But the way the school presents itself and does such mistakes; brings on the idea of the school actually not being as elite or good as it is presented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xctv)
    Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics.

Economics and Maths seems to be something that nearly everyone on this thread seems to share.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that people doing business at GCSE are more likely to succeed in economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Economics and Maths seems to be something that nearly everyone on this thread seems to share.
    Well I'll be sharing Maths and Physics with you!!!

ReputationRep:

Finally, someone taking Further Maths as well! I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, English Lit and Philosophy.

No Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samispector)
    Do you think that people doing business at GCSE are more likely to succeed in economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do GCSE Economics and my friends do GCSE Business Studies. They are fairly different with a slight overlap in topics, but no, Business Studies will help only marginally, and even if they did; they wont be more likely to "succeed", they would just have a head start, give it a few weeks and everyone should be on the same step. Anyway, GCSE Economics is much easier than A-level Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, someone taking Further Maths as well! I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, English Lit and Philosophy.

No Economics������
    2 of my other friends at my school are picking Further Maths and are going to Harris Westminster, this is going to be so fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenGeek)
    Well I'll be sharing Maths and Physics with you!!!
    Yay, what other subjects are you picking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.