Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    it's more that after all revise it, I don't feel like I'm any closer to doing well in The exam. It seems too simple and I don't like that impression.

Do you mean stuff like speciation? I don't blame you, it's too boring
    Hardy Weinberg and all that jazz. Kill me now

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I have the evaluative tomorrow on animal behaviour. This is a long shot I know, but I' m desperate for a good mark in this, so i'm wondering if anybody has any tips or advice that they could PM me.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    P.S not specifics as I've just seen that is against the guidelines, as it should be. Just advice, tips etc. Cheers Guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    when is your first exam?
    8th of June, why?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of marks do people have on the practical assessments this year? Just curious if they are lower this year and the boundary may lower? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmht)
    What kind of marks do people have on the practical assessments this year? Just curious if they are lower this year and the boundary may lower? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmht)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my school they are lower this year imo. 37.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmht)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So much lower at my school this year and the average last year was 38/39 so it's a bit of a shock. So annoying we never get told what we've done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kell_)
    So much lower at my school this year and the average last year was 38/39 so it's a bit of a shock. So annoying we never get told what we've done wrong.
    Well if they are lower across the country then hopefully they will lower the boundaries we can all but hope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said that the tasks and mark schemes were particularly strict and sometimes unreasonable this year. I doubt that will stop a whole class miraculously achieving 36+ though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    My teacher said that the tasks and mark schemes were particularly strict and sometimes unreasonable this year. I doubt that will stop a whole class miraculously achieving 36+ though
    i wonder why :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmht)
    Well if they are lower across the country then hopefully they will lower the boundaries we can all but hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May the grade boundaries be ever in our favour.
    Name:  BnRYvlBCIAAXyeG.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  27.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about the difference between liver lobes and cyclindrical lobules, and the intra and inter lobular vessels, could someone please explain? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    I swear I spent hours on all of that... I don't even want to think about it hahaha I can't get a hang of population genetics.
    it's just practice q's out of all the stuff on the syllabus it is quite easy because once you crack it it's very methodical the questions are the same every time so its just learning how to go about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CamilleClarke)
    I'm confused about the difference between liver lobes and cyclindrical lobules, and the intra and inter lobular vessels, could someone please explain? thanks!
    I thought that hepatocytes were stacked in lobules to make the cylinderal shape? Aren't they the same thing? Sadly can't answer the other question

ReputationRep:
    hi

the liver divides into lobes, which are further divided into lobules.

The hepatic artery (supplies the liver with oxygenated blood from the heart) and the hepatic portal vein (supplies the liver with deoxygenated blood from the digestive system) split into inter-lobular vessels - they run between and parallel to the lobules.

The blood from the hepatic artery and hepatic portal vein empty into a sinusoid, and the sinusoids empty into the intra-lobular vessel. This is a branch of the hepatic vein - it joins with other branches to form the hepatic vein, where blood drains from the liver.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    The intralobular vessel is basically the branch of the hepatic artery, so where the sinusoid drains into.
    The inter lobular vessels run alongside smaller arteries that are connected to the hepatic artery and portal vein.
    A lobe is a group of lobules. The hepatic vein is at the centre.
    A lobule is part of a lobe, you should be familiar with the structure

ReputationRep:
    How many mark is roughly 150 ums in unit 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    How many mark is roughly 150 ums in unit 5?
    I reckon around 85-90. depends on the other grade boundaries. Like one paper was 77 for an A and the one I've just done was 65 for an A

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.