Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LNAT Results 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annakarenina21)
    Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if you think I, as an international student, stand any chance on getting an offer from KCL or Durham? my LNAT score is 21, while the average is 22.3 ;/ Is it true that you have to score above the average for the universities to even look at your application? I really need you to be honest, should I lose all hope?
    I'm an international student as well and last year i scored a 23 on the LNAT, I had really good grades, average of 93%, but I was rejected from all of my choices, and all of them were LNAT schools. i attribute my failure to my LNAT score, however, there are other cases where students get 17 on their LNAT and still get in. As long as your application is good over all, you have a good chance. I reapplied this year and got a 29 on my LNAT and got into my top choice. But you definitely still have a chance, some schools put more weight on the LNAT than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annakarenina21)
    Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if you think I, as an international student, stand any chance on getting an offer from KCL or Durham? my LNAT score is 21, while the average is 22.3 ;/ Is it true that you have to score above the average for the universities to even look at your application? I really need you to be honest, should I lose all hope?
    Well the fact that you haven't been rejected yet shows that they have looked at ur application :P but in all seriousness the LNAT for both KCL and Durham is not used as a clear cut indicator for how good you are, if the rest of your application is good enough im sure they will accept you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgina2613)
    For those interested, I got a score of 24/42 and have offers from Bristol, SOAS and Kings. Offers from LSE and Cambridge too so I took a huge risk earlier in the year by not applying to another univeristy that doesn't need LNAT.
    Hey Would you mind if i asked what were your predicted A/IB grades?

Not sure if it's the correct thread to ask too but, when colleges send you offers, do they send you an email stating they are offering you a place or do they simply respond via Track? Hope those with offers could help ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from Nottingham, am I right in thinking they REALLY weigh a lot on the lnat score

ReputationRep:
    I got 18 in my LNAT...do you guys think I have a chance with UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    Just got rejected from Nottingham, am I right in thinking they REALLY weigh a lot on the lnat score
    Excuse me, but can I possibly ask you what score do you have? I'm sorry for Nottingam though :/

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but they do take a lot of emphasis on ur lnat essay so I'm sure you must've done well in that to get rejected (I got 19 and got instantly rejected)

ReputationRep:
    You've still got a chance if your grades and personal statement can make up for your less than average lnat score.I believe the Lnat is only 30% of the admissions criteria.What are your GCSE and A level grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 34 on my LNAT and have an offer from UCL... was rejected without interview from Oxford because of an admin mistake (my application didn't reach them in time). Really not sure now whether to wait and apply again next year or just go to UCL. Hope you guys got the scores you wanted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Championt1)
    You've still got a chance if your grades and personal statement can make up for your less than average lnat score.I believe the Lnat is only 30% of the admissions criteria.What are your GCSE and A level grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 11a*s at gcse and 4 As at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbato101)
    Probably not, but they do take a lot of emphasis on ur lnat essay so I'm sure you must've done well in that to get rejected (I got 19 and got instantly rejected)
    I haven't been rejected yet...but I don't know what happened with the multiple choice, I normally got 25+ on my practice papers

ReputationRep:
    who has a offer from Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkhan57)
    who has a offer from Birmingham?
    I do, I'm tempted to firm it. What was your LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buxtonwater)
    I do, I'm tempted to firm it. What was your LNAT?
    I firmed, 22 wbu?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone applying/ get accepted for Glasgow Law?

ReputationRep:
    26, offers from kcl and nottingham, waiting on ucl

ReputationRep:
    I firmed, 22 wbu?
    26, still not sure if I want to firm it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buxtonwater)
    26, still not sure if I want to firm it though.
    Wow congrats! What other offers do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Wow congrats! What other offers do you have?
    UEA, Liverpool, Leicester and also UEA for History.

After getting all five offers I was fairly annoyed I didn't apply to somewhere more aspirational. I'm currently stuck between UEA and Birmingham, I'm going to make my decision after the Law applicant day at Birmingham.

Have you looked at B'ham accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okuyombenya)
    KCL is my 1st choice too. I got 16 I'm so disheartened.

I have my offer but they did take a long time so hang in there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.