Me too, I really need an A and I feel sick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
grade boundaries are crazy high
Just as high as last year. They are ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Han24
grade boundaries are crazy high

Are you sure we read the same grade boundaries? They're great in comparison to last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're much better than last year?
How'd everyone do? I went from a D to a B :smile: I'm really happy I got a B in French. I retook the AS unit 1 exam, went from barely scraping an E to almost getting full marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 569
Got an A overall in French, so happy! Was shocked! Hope everyone got what they wanted x
Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by CelineBean
How'd everyone do? I went from a D to a B :smile: I'm really happy I got a B in French. I retook the AS unit 1 exam, went from barely scraping an E to almost getting full marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done everyone!!! Good luck with starting uni. Bonne chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can the exam board get it seriously wrong?, I got a C overall and I'm completely infuriated. Was expecting an A and every exam went so well, I only got 2 marks above a d overall.

I got retook all of as and did a2 and last year I got 36/50, one mark of a B but I was unprepared, it felt terrible and I heard the recording in which I hesitated nearly every question so I retook it along with unit 1 and I revised and it went perfectly Answered every question used grammar teacher said it was great and this time I 37/50 for it? Also unit 1 went great for me on the day and somehow I got a C ?
So pissed off as I worked so hard for this and did everything so well, if I get a remark it's 2 above a D so it could even go down but I believe it's mainly a big mistake and should have at least a B , what should I do? Perhpaps my teacher forgot to send off my oral resit or the exam got them mixed up? :frown:
Im a little upset/confused too. Last year at as I got an A (165ums) with As in speaking and written paper. This year, I felt that the speaking went well (perhaps rushed a few questions) and the written paper wasnt tooo bad but not great. But I ended up with a low B in both (42ums speaking and 100ums written paper). So now my overall grade is a B. I understand that a B is a brilliant grade but my teacher and I desperately wanted that A. Im 13ums off in total, and my teacher wants my paper and recording back. Anyone believe my grade could change to an A with remarks? Thanks
I do. My friends unit 3 paper last year for spanish went up 24ums with a remark from B to A*. For some reason I got a B in unit 3 french but A overall. So its fine. I think you should get a remark!
Original post by kate_maria
I do. My friends unit 3 paper last year for spanish went up 24ums with a remark from B to A*. For some reason I got a B in unit 3 french but A overall. So its fine. I think you should get a remark!

24 ums?! What! Wow, that's made me feel much better, thank-you! Hopefully i can get those 13 extra ums !!!
Reply 576
I really don't know what to do, I got the following marks:
Unit 1: 140/140
Unit 2: 55/60
Unit 3: 106/140
Unit 4: 60/60

I got 361 UMS overall- enough for an A*, but I got an A because I didn't get 90% in all A2 modules...I didn't think that unit 3 was that bad after the exam...Should I get a remark? I need 4 more raw marks- how likely is it that it will go up that much? I've never done this badly in a unit 3 paper, and in the essay section I only got 31/40! The lowest I've ever got in mocks is 37/40. I only needed an A for uni. What if it went down to a B..?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep 24 ums. Talk about bad marking. It sounds like somebody has not marked yours correctly. Good luck! !
Reply 578
Original post by Feeebz
I really don't know what to do, I got the following marks:
Unit 1: 140/140
Unit 2: 55/60
Unit 3: 106/140
Unit 4: 60/60

I got 361 UMS overall- enough for an A*, but I got an A because I didn't get 90% in all A2 modules...I didn't think that unit 3 was that bad after the exam...Should I get a remark? I need 4 more raw marks- how likely is it that it will go up that much? I've never done this badly in a unit 3 paper, and in the essay section I only got 31/40! The lowest I've ever got in mocks is 37/40. I only needed an A for uni. What if it went down to a B..?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in almost the exact same position! I'm really upset about my unit 3 mark because I've never done that badly in the mocks...
Can i ask how you know the mark for the essay section?
Either way I think I am definitely going for a remark - if you're unsure request a photocopied script and let your teacher read your essay!
Reply 579
Original post by etaesel
I'm in almost the exact same position! I'm really upset about my unit 3 mark because I've never done that badly in the mocks...
Can i ask how you know the mark for the essay section?
Either way I think I am definitely going for a remark - if you're unsure request a photocopied script and let your teacher read your essay!

My teacher told me! They are given a full breakdown of where marks were gained and lost...I got 20 for content, 4 for vocab, 4 for structures, and 3 for accuracy...Ahhh, getting back the paper is such a good idea!! Do you know if the script will arrive quickly ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending