Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Child Nursing
    Uni(s) applying to: KCL, City, Middlesex, Kingston, West London
    Relevant experience/extra info:I'm not currently doing any work experience; however I have previously done voluntary work/work experience in the following places:
    • 2 week placement at a pharmacy
    • 2 months of community work for a diabetes campaign
    • My little cousin has autism and 4 days a week he has ABA therapy. I sometimes help out his therapist when the ABA therapy takes place.
    • I did a 2 week placement at a Nursery for two weeks.
    • I did a 2 week course training me to be carer; I got a certificate out of it in the end. I should be sending off my personal statement by the14th. I'm not sure if this is enough work experience

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an interview invite from Leeds Beckett for mental health!

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation from UWL, MDX and Herts!! So excited but nervous Anyone applying to these Unis too ?

Course: Child Nursing Sep2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.cpfcp)
    Thank you

I applied just under 2 weeks ago, have you applied for Child Nursing as well?
    Yeah, I sent my application off on Wednesday 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.cpfcp)
    Hey Guys,

I've applied for Child Nursing for the second time this year and as I got rejected last year I'm really feeling the pressure this year !!

I've applied for Surrey, KCL, Kingston, Southampton and City London, already been turned down by KCL and City but got interviews for Kingston on the 27th and Southampton next week (13th). Any body else going to these selection days? Or anybody been to one recently as I'm interested in what to expect as I didn't apply to these last year?

Sorry for rambling on,

Good Luck
    Sorry to hear that! You'll smash it this year. Good luck for Southampton and Kingston! What type of things did you do on the test days at city besides the test???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my second interview, for adult nursing at Leeds Beckett! 😄

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at Leeds Beckett 13th November, Huddersfield 14th December and awaiting a date from Leeds.Anyone going to any of these dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    I've got an interview at Leeds Beckett 13th November, Huddersfield 14th December and awaiting a date from Leeds.Anyone going to any of these dates?
    I'm going to Leeds Beckett on the 13th too!! :-) only a week away! Then I have Sheffield Hallam the following week!

Not heard from Huddersfield or Uni of Leeds yet though x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EPrice95)
    I'm going to Leeds Beckett on the 13th too!! :-) only a week away! Then I have Sheffield Hallam the following week!

Not heard from Huddersfield or Uni of Leeds yet though x
    I'm yet to hear from Hallam its the last one for me. Don't the interview packs sound daunting!!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS track is down for maintenance until Monday morning so going to have to wait all weekend to see if I've got a place following my interview

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Mental Health
    Applied to: Hull , Salford, UCLAN , Teeside and Cumbria (Lancaster campus)
    Relevant experience/extra info: hold a A2 in Geology but currently study: A2 sociology and a 90 credit B-Tech in Health and social care.

Have a months work experience in St Richards hospice (worked in Palliative Daycare unit and end of life wards) and now volunteer there Also i'm a phone support volunteer for B-EAT and have been for over a yr. Most recently i've been made Student head of peer mentoring and mental health team at my college.

sent my UCAS off this afternoon so hopefully come Monday i'll be able to log into track and keep an eye out for offers...eek

ReputationRep:
    Received an interview today at Bournemouth for adult nursing 15th December! Anyone else??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chash22308903)
    Yay! Im so nervous! Will see you there
    Yey! Good luck! :-) X

Hi everyone, good luck with ur applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Logged into Track, knowing nothing would happen, but I managed to get in somehow and have an interview for Plymouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonsonmars)
    Logged into Track, knowing nothing would happen, but I managed to get in somehow and have an interview for Plymouth!
    That's great news! Congratulations and good luck! I managed to login too but no changes. I suppose it is the weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonsonmars)
    Have you applied for February or September intake? Good luck! The interview is really relaxed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone whose been rejected by a uni, did they give reasons as to why?

Everyone on this thread seems to be northern! I'm from Southampton and dying to get away from it my favourite atm is Cardiff.

Is anyone else doing an access course at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess-fab)
    Anyone whose been rejected by a uni, did they give reasons as to why?

Everyone on this thread seems to be northern! I'm from Southampton and dying to get away from it my favourite atm is Cardiff.

Is anyone else doing an access course at the moment?
    Hey there not every1s a northener .. im from the midlands and doing Access to Health and Social Care professions.
    Which unis have u applied to x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_nurse)
    Hey there not every1s a northener .. im from the midlands and doing Access to Health and Social Care professions.
    Which unis have u applied to x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hiiiii!
    how are you finding the access? i just started in september and am really enjoying being back in education.
    i've applied to cardiff, brighton, oxford brooke's, swansea & uni of south wales - i'm pretty keen to move to wales. you? x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.