Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariesmiths)
    haha thanks!!! the way you've worded it has actually explained it really well
    it's called a crowding-in effect. Govt. spending on overhead capital (infrastructure) incentivises MNCs to locate where they now have relatively lower transport costs (increased productive efficiency) due to better roads links, and this leads to them increasing private sector investment (GFCF) too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyle)
    in theory yes coz firms look at it like "oi boys look, theres a bangin road in zambia, lets put our factory there coz it'll be bare cheap labour n now roads r sik af so lets go boiz"
    For more exam-appopriate phrasing, you'd say that new roads for example makes transporting good cheaper, quicker and easier which drives efficiency gains and ergo costs of production of doing business in Zambia will reduce - improving productive efficiency and therefore shifting LRAS to the right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieoakley97)
    For more exam-appopriate phrasing, you'd say that new roads for example makes transporting good cheaper, quicker and easier which drives efficiency gains and ergo costs of production of doing business in Zambia will reduce - improving productive efficiency and therefore shifting LRAS to the right
    with this wouldn't it only be a SRAS shift right as its a cost of production decrease? if it was to be a LRAS shift right wouldnt it have to be a increase in the quality or quality of FoPs. but then couldnt you say the quality of whatever road comes under in the FoPs has been increased so then a LRAS shift right. kinda confused of which way you'd structure it in a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenhips223)
    Order food from UBER using code: uberfood16 to get £10 off your first delivery.They don't charge for the actual delivery btw!! and there is no minimum charge.
    A bit of non-price competition due to price rigidity in oligopolies? F583 revision will start tomorrow though

ReputationRep:
    What is Thirlwall's law and how could it be applied to a 20 marker on supply-side policies?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to know that

ReputationRep:
    Can you use Monetary Policy, but refer to contractionary e.g. higher interest rates to appreciate the value of the current as its v. weak? Therefore, capital goods and infrastructure wouldn't be as expensive. Would also contribute to SSP.

ReputationRep:
    Starting revision now, doing an all nighter today till 1 oclock then getting the bus to the exam then doing another all nighter for my law exam and sleeping on Wednesday then revising all night for F583 and then another all nighter for my last exam on Friday, well here goes nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverHorsey)
    Starting revision now, doing an all nighter today till 1 oclock then getting the bus to the exam then doing another all nighter for my law exam and sleeping on Wednesday then revising all night for F583 and then another all nighter for my last exam on Friday, well here goes nothing
    Good luck with that and don't listen to the haters, it can be done haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itisrising)
    Good luck with that and don't listen to the haters, it can be done haha!
    Cheers, I sure as hell hope so Hopefully my brain wont die on me but got 24 red bulls at the ready haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyle)
    with this wouldn't it only be a SRAS shift right as its a cost of production decrease? if it was to be a LRAS shift right wouldnt it have to be a increase in the quality or quality of FoPs. but then couldnt you say the quality of whatever road comes under in the FoPs has been increased so then a LRAS shift right. kinda confused of which way you'd structure it in a question.
    whats LRAS, FoPs and SRAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillRose)
    whats LRAS, FoPs and SRAS?
    long run aggregate supply, factors of production, short run aggregate supply

ReputationRep:
    all these tricky abbreviations, there are some decent videos on tutor2u youtube on all the extracts.....heres the link to the first one if anyones interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eUl...qaKiVmcyguJIOh

ReputationRep:
    Go on laaaadddddd

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I sure as hell hope so Hopefully my brain wont die on me but got 24 red bulls at the ready haha
    I've also got an allnighter to do, had to leave it to the last minute due to being away, anyone got any tips on where to start and what I should spend my time doing? (I am retaking the module, havent done any eco this year)
    I understand I've left it extremely late so please dont hate
    Would appreciate any help

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be kind enough to personal message me a link to EconplusDal's model answer pack? I'm pretty desperate but don't have the money right now to afford to buy it. I would be forever thankful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhadly)
    I've also got an allnighter to do, had to leave it to the last minute due to being away, anyone got any tips on where to start and what I should spend my time doing? (I am retaking the module, havent done any eco this year)
    I understand I've left it extremely late so please dont hate
    Would appreciate any help
    BoP imbalances, ways to fix it, protectionism, globalisation, world trade and ToT, Supply Side policies, E-R + Marshall Lerner/J Curve.

ReputationRep:
    I've read that people have said that the 20 marker may be on globalisation, if it isnt on supply side policies, if this is the case, what would the 20 marker on globalisation be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyle)
    BoP imbalances, ways to fix it, protectionism, globalisation, world trade and ToT, Supply Side policies, E-R + Marshall Lerner/J Curve.
    Thanks, I will get through all of these. Really appreciate the reply, would you recommend going through and learning all of the extracts or just focus mainly on these for now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhadly)
    Thanks, I will get through all of these. Really appreciate the reply, would you recommend going through and learning all of the extracts or just focus mainly on these for now?
    yeah, go through the tutor2u videos and it tells you how you relate each area into the extracts, they help a lot

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.