Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ntanationa)
    I am also in the same situation. I clicked on the 'Book here' and it said this: "Now that you hold an offer to study at King's College London we would like to invite you to the Strand Campus to find out more about King’s and your chosen degree. You will have the chance to attend a session on your subject, where you will have the chance to meet academics and other students from your department, and will be able to speak to many of the student services departments here at the university."

However, I have not received anything saying that I have an offer. Hope this is good news!
    Fingers crossed its good news for us then. Did you go ahead and book tickets? I booked some for the first date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vjcx)
    Fingers crossed its good news for us then. Did you go ahead and book tickets? I booked some for the first date.
    I haven't. I'm an international student, so I don't think I'll get the chance to travel to London in feb or march.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer to study English Language & Linguistics, they asked for AAB. Anyone else applied for English?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I received an email inviting me to some kind of information day for "offer holders" in 2016. However, I haven't received an offer for my chosen course (PPE) yet. Can any of you help me here?
    Thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazy96)
    Just got an offer to study English Language & Linguistics, they asked for AAB. Anyone else applied for English?
    Yep, I received an offer to study English they've asked for AAA though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJP)
    Hi! I received an email inviting me to some kind of information day for "offer holders" in 2016. However, I haven't received an offer for my chosen course (PPE) yet. Can any of you help me here?
    Thanks very much
    Same here!!

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer to study International Relations a few days ago. I'm not sure if I will actually attend, since I'm an American student, but it's nice to know I got into KCL!

ReputationRep:
    I've received an email inviting me to attend offer holder days, but I haven't been made an offer yet. I've noticed that there's quite a few of you out there who have gotten the same email. I'm applying for PPE. What do you guys think it is? I'm betting it's probably a system glitch. Fingers crossed either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJP)
    Thanks very much
    Interesting! Perhaps you have an offer on the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Interesting! Perhaps you have an offer on the way!
    I hope so! I think it's some sort of glitch because others have gotten it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vossari)
    I hope so! I think it's some sort of glitch because others have gotten it too.
    What date does it say for the offer holders day on your email?

I've received an offer from KCL but no offer holders day email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    What date does it say for the offer holders day on your email?

I've received an offer from KCL but no offer holders day email
    It says that there are open days for offer holders on the 10th of February, and 3rd and 10th of March. I can send you the email if you'd like.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm an American student and I received an unconditional offer from KCL for International Relations. I have heard that KCL accommodation fills up pretty quickly and you should send in your housing application as soon as possible to make sure you get a place. The problem for me is, I don't hear back from other American universities until mid-March so I won't be able to know which uni I will be going to until then. If I accept the offer on UCAS and submit a housing application, is it binding and would I have to pay the deposit? Would I still be able to back out of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Have got an offer from King's and it is my favourite uni.

Hoping to study for BMus but will need AAA.

Got AABE in AS last year...

Do-able, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thalprice)
    Hi I'm an American student and I received an unconditional offer from KCL for International Relations. I have heard that KCL accommodation fills up pretty quickly and you should send in your housing application as soon as possible to make sure you get a place. The problem for me is, I don't hear back from other American universities until mid-March so I won't be able to know which uni I will be going to until then. If I accept the offer on UCAS and submit a housing application, is it binding and would I have to pay the deposit? Would I still be able to back out of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm not completely sure, but just know that in the UK it works differently to the US. They make you offers, and none of it is binding. They cannot force you to go there.

I haven't gone through this process yet, so I don't know if you have to pay something when you accept an offer. I don't think so... but idk

Good luck with your applications!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to study compsci?

ReputationRep:
    No your have to send in your passport and visa if you have one, a bank statement isnt classed as proof, I work in adult education and am also applied for adult nursing got my mmi on the 7th. If you havent got the above can the family you work for write a letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Anyone applied to study compsci?
    I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic within)
    I did
    Ayy get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Ayy get an offer?
    Yeah, you?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.