Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know, does everyone who meets the entry requirements for Sheffield automatically get asked for a portfolio? Or is it only if they pass you through after seeing references and the personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    Does anyone know, does everyone who meets the entry requirements for Sheffield automatically get asked for a portfolio? Or is it only if they pass you through after seeing references and the personal statement
    I was told Sheffield are only giving portfolio assessments to those with grades higher than ABB, I believe everyone with grades higher will get a portfolio assessment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverch)
    I was told Sheffield are only giving portfolio assessments to those with grades higher than ABB, I believe everyone with grades higher will get a portfolio assessment

https://francesco97mi.carbonmade.com/projects/5911171

btw this is my portfolio for LSBU. I hope that at least they will get me, since I'll probably get rejected by schools such as UCL, Newcastle or Brookes LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hello, so I received a portfolio request from Kent today, but I have no idea like around how many images to put? So I'm wondering if anyone who has done the portfo for Kent knows anything about it?😬 Plus, does anyone have any good and easy website recommendation that I should put my work on as the link to the portfolio? They didn't seem to have specified any particular link._.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverch)

Thanks. Applied with an access course and 420 UCAS points from a previous btec (I'm classed as a mature) and got the request today. Applying for architecture + landscape though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    https://francesco97mi.carbonmade.com/projects/5911171

btw this is my portfolio for LSBU. I hope that at least they will get me, since I'll probably get rejected by schools such as UCL, Newcastle or Brookes LOL
    Looks fine, you had any offers yet?
    I've applied to Newcastle too, sent portfolio off today

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here hoping to go Kent next year?
    I'm really worried now coz everyone has some crazy portfolios and are like "ah i'll probably wont get anywhere", and i never even took art. Just foundation this year :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raimonds)
    Anyone here hoping to go Kent next year?
    I'm really worried now coz everyone has some crazy portfolios and are like "ah i'll probably wont get anywhere", and i never even took art. Just foundation this year :/
    They'll understand that you've taken a foundation though and will take that into consideration so I wouldn't worry as long as you've got some good bits and development to put in your portfolio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    They'll understand that you've taken a foundation though and will take that into consideration so I wouldn't worry as long as you've got some good bits and development to put in your portfolio
    I'm heavily relying on that. Otherwise it's another gap year and off to engineering school :argh: I didn't think it was going to be this heavily based on art stuff, otherwise I would have started taking art a long time ago...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone gotten an offer from Bath yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    Hey, has anyone gotten an offer from Bath yet?
    Not yet, But I did kind of test my luck. They require A*AA and I got A*AB :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I do IB and I'm a 38 but I don't do higher maths, which I hope they won't be too concerned about :/ but its worth applying there cause they don't have clearing haha good luck

ReputationRep:
    I do IB and I'm a 38 but I don't do higher maths, which I hope they won't be too concerned about :/ but its worth applying there cause they don't have clearing haha good luck
    I think it should be fine!

I take SL Maths, Art, Spanish B and HL Physics, English LangLit, Geography.

They gave me an offer for 36 overall (including core), 6 in HL Physics, 6 in another HL subject, and 7 in SL Art. It's the most specific uni offer I've had so far!!

ReputationRep:
    Also, has anyone applied with actual grades? And what kind of offers have you got in that case?

ReputationRep:
    Also, has anyone applied with actual grades? And what kind of offers have you got in that case?
    I've applied with A* B. And resitting maths to get an A.
    But I only applied earlier this month so no offers yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hieveryonexd)
    I think it should be fine!

I take SL Maths, Art, Spanish B and HL Physics, English LangLit, Geography.

They gave me an offer for 36 overall (including core), 6 in HL Physics, 6 in another HL subject, and 7 in SL Art. It's the most specific uni offer I've had so far!!
    Thats so good, how long did they take to reply? is the offer the same as your predicted or lower?

ReputationRep:
    Thats so good, how long did they take to reply? is the offer the same as your predicted or lower?
    They took about 2 months - I applied in late Sep and got it on 25th Nov.
    The overall offer is (by quite far) lower than my overall predicted, but in terms of their specific subject requirements, my predicted is equivalent or one higher.
    I guess they put lots of emphasis on the subjects they like/subjects explicitly linking to architecture, and care much less about others... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    Unconditional from Coventry. Today just got an unconditional from Oxford Brookes . Conditional from Westminister. Interview on 15/01 with kingston and on 09/02 interview with UCL
    Wow! Congrats zzdevzz! I sent my application off in Nov and received conditional offer from Manchester, NewCastle, Oxford Brookes and Kent. Right now I'm still waiting for UCL. I have posted my task back to UCL around the end of December, but still haven't heard anything back from them yet T^T How long did it take UCL to response you?

ReputationRep:
    in their task e mail it said that all interviews would have taken place in dec, february and march, so I think theres plenty of time for them to answer you back, you shouldn't be worrying, congrats for your other offers guys!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied with AA and I'm doing two more A-Levels this year, predicted AA again. I've got two offers so far, from Newcastle and Manchester, they're both for just one more A in any subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.