Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16 watch

• View Poll Results: Have you received any interview invitations yet + where?
    University of Bristol
    16.28%
    Cardiff University
    22.09%
    University of Southampton
    8.14%
    University of Nottingham
    18.60%
    University of Birmingham
    34.88%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether QUB's MMIs will have anything based on personal statement? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys if your MMI is 10 stations long and you really mess up one of them, is there still a chance of an offer? I had my Dundee interview today, and it was going swimmingly well until my last station, then I panicked on the very last question of my interview and sounded very "non-empathetic", and I would probably say a little unethical... I'm so worried this goes against me 😔 I didn't mean it...

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting an interview! My interview in Dundee was on the 7th December and I think it went well although it's quite hard to tell! Don't worry about it because in the briefing, we were told that there are some current medical students who scored highly in other stations but REALLY messed up in one or two stations, and obviously still got in! So just try to put it out of your head!

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Lancaster today for the 20th of January!!! It's MMI so slightly nervous 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I heard maths questions come up on MMI interviews.
    Does anyone know what type of questions please, like an example?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, did anyone attended any course here? ISC or Ace or any other course? If yes, how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    I heard maths questions come up on MMI interviews.
    Does anyone know what type of questions please, like an example?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9 + 10 =

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    9 + 10 =
    21? 😂
    Really? Those type of questions come up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    21? 😂
    Really? Those type of questions come up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, Ekno has got the wrong idea. It's more advanced calculus and integration using trigonometric operations, you know the easy stuff 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDB1826)
    No, Ekno has got the wrong idea. It's more advanced calculus and integration using trigonometric operations, you know the easy stuff 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like trigonometry and calculus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like trigonometry and calculus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be really surprised if they actually gave that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard they give you simple sums like 12 X 12 and then ask you how you did it, and how you could do it another way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatyization)
    Has anybody got any predictions as to what the Bristol medical school MMI interview stations will be based around?

It's so confusing to practice for something we know very little about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From past threads i'm guessing that they'll ask us stuff about our work experience and maybe PS in some stations? There will probs be acting ones as well

ReputationRep:
    What are some major issues that have occurred at the NHS previously that we should know about?
    Such as the Francis report?

(Just don't wanna miss anything )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are some major issues that have occurred at the NHS previously that we should know about?
    Such as the Francis report?

(Just don't wanna miss anything )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Francis report is a good one. Health and social care act 2012, shape of training review, junior dr contracts, 7 day nhs, postcode lottery etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam__)
    Francis report is a good one. Health and social care act 2012, shape of training review, junior dr contracts, 7 day nhs, postcode lottery etc etc.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hello! See this thread here for advice on Leicester interviews! We answered someone else who had the same question .

On the Birmingham Medicine website, if you scroll down to the section named 'The Interview' you'll find a link to this page (it's actually a PDF which you can download or view in your browser). It really goes in-depth, and into great detail about the different kinds of stations, and what you'll be assessed on - so definitely have a thorough read of the whole document, and try and prepare for all the types of stations mentioned by doing lots of practice!

Why not use our free interview question bank here, which has worked questions and answers.

We hope this helps,

The Medic Portal

Hello,

Do you have any information/advice for MMI at UEA ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know much about the Manchester or Bristol MMI structure and how best to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zobinho)
    Hey, does anyone know much about the Manchester or Bristol MMI structure and how best to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bristol has 10, 5 minutes per station and 1 minute to read the question/scenario. There'll be 40 applicants, 2 groups of 20, 2 rotations of the 10 MMIs occurring at one time.

Bristol focuses a lot on your extra curricular and there will almost certainly be one specifically on work experience due to the fact you have to fill in the form for the MMIs. Just make sure you have an answer to Why Bristol/why this course. Knowledge of current developments in Medicine and understand how to approach an unknown question on ethics. Keep up to date on what's in the news. Obviously, that's just general prep really but it works for Bristol.

Also your overall impression is important, so don't panic and stay confident. The interviewer has zero knowledge of your personal statement. If you have an interview you have what they want, now you have to show the interviewer. Yah, that's my advice. Good luck!

EDIT: Reflection! Reflection is key, Bristol love it. It's all well and good that you've done it but what have you learnt/what skills have you developed/why is it important etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliviarara)
    Bristol has 10, 5 minutes per station and 1 minute to read the question/scenario. There'll be 40 applicants, 2 groups of 20, 2 rotations of the 10 MMIs occurring at one time.

Bristol focuses a lot on your extra curricular and there will almost certainly be one specifically on work experience due to the fact you have to fill in the form for the MMIs. Just make sure you have an answer to Why Bristol/why this course. Knowledge of current developments in Medicine and understand how to approach an unknown question on ethics. Keep up to date on what's in the news. Obviously, that's just general prep really but it works for Bristol.

Also your overall impression is important, so don't panic and stay confident. The interviewer has zero knowledge of your personal statement. If you have an interview you have what they want, now you have to show the interviewer. Yah, that's my advice. Good luck!

EDIT: Reflection! Reflection is key, Bristol love it. It's all well and good that you've done it but what have you learnt/what skills have you developed/why is it important etc etc
    Thanks so much 😄, will keep all that in mind for sure! Did you have an interview there too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.