Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    Tfw you have to switch off your music so you can revise. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    Are you watching something while you work or are you spending a lot of time absorbing the information?
    I wish😭 i'm just very distracted, by like my gadgets.. But even if they're off, i'll literally find any excuse not to work. I'm not even usually like this, i can usually avoid getting distracted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who knows about biology, what does this mean?

"Auxin is produced in the tips and moves backwards to stimulate the cell elongation which occurs in the cells just behind the tips."

Also, what are roots and shoots? What is the difference?

(I'm revising plant hormones from AQA GCSE Biology - Unit 1).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    To anyone who knows about biology, what does this mean?

"Auxin is produced in the tips and moves backwards to stimulate the cell elongation which occurs in the cells just behind the tips."

Also, what are roots and shoots? What is the difference?

(I'm revising plant hormones from AQA GCSE Biology - Unit 1).
    If I remember correctly, the auxin is a plant hormone that goes onto the shaded part of the tip of the plant. This rapidly increases growth on the shaded part so the tip ends up moving towards the source of sunlight.

The shoots are the parts of the plant above and the roots are below the soil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Notes take me ages too. :console: What subject is this for? Are you not focusing enough or are you finding it difficult to understand?
    Not focusing oh its Business! Yeah notes really take so long... Ive done quite a lot! But todays been bad and now i feel behind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY finished psychology notes on making a case in forensics!!! Now for health and clinical... :argh:

ReputationRep:
    The next session starts at 6.30? If so Then at 6.30 I'm going to do all my notes on cell division which will take 1 hour then going to take 5 min break, then start notes on Intermolecular forces(my nemesis!) which I'll finish in the second session (Hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    Starting a chemistry past paper

ReputationRep:
    starting another hour of chemistry revision! :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    Finished bio but I ended up playing games on the phone :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I'd learn the exam mark schemes (for mainly sciencey subjects) as the spec may not elaborate exactly what you need to know. Like in chem, the spec might say you need to know how to make X from Y, but it might not give the full reaction. It's a good starting place though
    Thanks soo much and i will do that 🤓

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished Geography topic 12 notes so I'm up to date in geography notes again! Also had dinner which was delicious. Next up is RS highlighting and music mindmaps

ReputationRep:
    Since I didn't do my full hour earlier, I'll be spending an hour now to finish my essay and then do a calculator paper (well, start it).

ReputationRep:
    I started a little earlier than the logging off time so I'm finishing earlier Went through a C4 past paper (June 2009), and it seems like I'm finally beginning to understand integration and I'm also making less silly mistakes as well :woo: I didn't touch the vectors section as I'm still learning it, so in the next revision session I'll look over my vector notes and attempt those questions with an open textbook.

ReputationRep:
    how many hours of revision is everyone managing to do per day? or how much have you done over this week?

ReputationRep:
    Finished my biology notes and did some of Physics. I'm going to finish the physics paper, mark it and correct mistakes, hopefully starting another if I have the time.

ReputationRep:
    Revising English Lit and silently crying

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing a past paper! - Almost finished it but just logged on so I could post the next timing thingy.

Keep it up everyone.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Completing a past paper. - Then probably move onto Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApleeEncore)
    Revising English Lit and silently crying
    :console:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.