Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you revise really hard

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to get a grade A in my exams in 2 months? I can't even get a grade C and I cant figure out where I'm going wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get straight into it. Print out the specification, open your revision guide and make mindmaps, flashcards, posters...
    Then do past papers and answer questions in your workbook. Anything you didn't know note it down somewhere. Start ASAP if you want to get an A. Which exam is it BTW?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey there - nothing is impossible. Take a few minutes to sit down and really look at what you do at the moment in terms of revision. If you want, post me your strategy and what you do to revise and where you struggle, and I will see if I can suggest anything.

If you plan your time and work effectively then it definitely isn't impossible

I'd be happy to help you along the way if you like

ReputationRep:
    Science, core and additional - Edexcel
    Maths - AQA
    Sociology and English language - OCR

Thankyou everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    How do I revise for English Literature?
    Finding synonyms is always a great idea for English – and it is useful when you are explaining characters, as sometimes you can never quite ‘find the right word’ so this is something I highly recommend. Plus, it is revision without any strenuous thinking involved, and it doesn’t take very long either.

I have just started to make neat copies of character profiles for all 3 texts that I study (pictured). In these profile, I have a page for each section and my sections are: Adjectives, Key Quotes, Key Scenes, Historical Context, Key Themes, and Relationship with Others. I have colour coded tabs on an A3 sheet (also pictured) which I relate to the profiles so I can easily identify them.

I also highlight key quotes in my books and annotate them (I was reluctant to do this at first – drawing in books is not the nicest feeling). Below you can see the book Heroes with all my quotes annotated, highlighted and tabbed.
    urC9 Here's what I mentioned - I don't know if it will be much help to you

And if you want to view the pictures, the original post is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...897511&page=21

ReputationRep:
    How do any of you guys memorise any tricks and tips ?

MOCK UPDATE AND TARGETSFOR 22nd FEB

So I got all my results back this week, and you can compare them to what are above (although these are only my personal targets and the school just wanted the grade)
    • Chemistry C1-C3: 73/75
    • Physics P1-P3: 68/75
    • Biology B1-B3:63/75
    • Maths: 190/200 (from both papers) - (98/100 and 92/100)
    • English Literature and Language: A Language and A* Literature
    • Biology B4-B5 + Sect D: 49/60
    • Chemistry C4-C5 + Sect D: 55/60
    • Physics P4-P6: 81/85
    The green grades mean I did as well or better than I had hoped, the orange means I was close and the red means I want to improve.

From these results, I really want to focus on Physics, English Language and definitely Biology.All the results, except English Language are A* which I am pleased about, but as I said in the OP, I am bothered more about the actual mark, than the grade it turns into.

I know some of the areas for improvement in English Language lie in getting the format of letters correct and more practice should help me get the techniques more accurate, so this is going to be a main focus when I revise English.
    Hallo Zoe!
    Long time no speak! How are you doing?

I've noticed that you've finished your mocks and received your results back -and what amazing they are!
    I have the exact same goals!

You're mocks have just finished and my mocks are just about to begin -YAYY...not
    I'll show my (dreaded) timetable

Can I see your revision timetable? I saw it in a previous post, however I couldn't really decipher what was on it as it was too small
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Mock exam timetable w.c 11th April.doc (30.0 KB, 58 views)

ReputationRep:
    urC9 Here's what I mentioned - I don't know if it will be much help to you

And if you want to view the pictures, the original post is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...897511&page=21
    Hey Zoe

Because you do the same exam board as me for english Literature how do you revise for it and do you do Of mice and men.
    Also for the books you do , do you do mind maps when collecting themes and quotes ?

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Memorise constantly in short bursts.
    Never leave anything to last minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosaA)
    Memorise constantly in short bursts.
    Never leave anything to last minute
    Okay i will try this
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RosaA)
    Hallo Zoe!
    Long time no speak! How are you doing?

I've noticed that you've finished your mocks and received your results back -and what amazing they are!
    I have the exact same goals!

You're mocks have just finished and my mocks are just about to begin -YAYY...not
    I'll show my (dreaded) timetable

Can I see your revision timetable? I saw it in a previous post, however I couldn't really decipher what was on it as it was too small
    Hi Rosa! Nice to hear from you again I'm doing quite well and I hope you are too?

Thank you, I'm a bit disappointed with som eof them but it will fuel me to work harder for the real thing I've just taken a look at your timetable and WOW isn't it jam packed! You're going to be exhausted!!

Good luck for them. For my timetable, I'm going to type one up so that I can upload it easier than as a photo (I know the quality wasn't great) So give me an hour or so and I'll get it done for you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you tried using a whiteboard?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rosa! Nice to hear from you again I'm doing quite well and I hope you are too?

Thank you, I'm a bit disappointed with som eof them but it will fuel me to work harder for the real thing I've just taken a look at your timetable and WOW isn't it jam packed! You're going to be exhausted!!

Good luck for them. For my timetable, I'm going to type one up so that I can upload it easier than as a photo (I know the quality wasn't great) So give me an hour or so and I'll get it done for you
    please could i see your timetable?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Hey Zoe

Because you do the same exam board as me for english Literature how do you revise for it and do you do Of mice and men.
    Also for the books you do , do you do mind maps when collecting themes and quotes ?
    Yeah I do OMAM and for revision I have highlighted some key quotes in the books and annotated them, then tagged them with my colour coding system so I can find them later. I make character profiles and will be doing more of this in the coming weeks.

I have considered doing mind maps but I always find myself making a mess of them or not having enough room, so I prefer to just write it all out
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by studyhardsophia)
    please could i see your timetable?
    Sure when I've typed a neat copy I'll post it and also tag you in it

I am doing alright
    I know -Although I'm quite excited for them
    That should be fine. Can you tag me when you post it please so that I can access it easily?

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by RosaA)
    I am doing alright
    I know -Although I'm quite excited for them
    That should be fine. Can you tag me when you post it please so that I can access it easily?

Thank you!
    Of course I will

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do OMAM and for revision I have highlighted some key quotes in the books and annotated them, then tagged them with my colour coding system so I can find them later. I make character profiles and will be doing more of this in the coming weeks.

I have considered doing mind maps but I always find myself making a mess of them or not having enough room, so I prefer to just write it all out
    Oh Ok thank you for your advice Hope this will help me Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried using a whiteboard?
    Nope does it work?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Nope does it work?
    I use them quite a lot, you just basically write stuff over and over again. It saves paper and also you could write down, say, one sentence and then rub out words and keep trying to remember it until most of it has been rubbed out and you can recall it all.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.