Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Rlibdems that desperate then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hardly. I'm just great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Hardly. I'm just great
    I swear you're leader of the Liberals just because they literally have ran out of all other options?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I swear you're leader of the Liberals just because they literally have ran out of all other options?
    Woah! That's a bit salty.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sure both Joe and TheHistoryBore would disagree.

Tell me James, how many internal labour and green leadership elections did you run in? How many did you win?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Tell me James, how many internal labour and green leadership elections did you run in? How many did you win?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He damn well did not run in any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm missing the Speaker's daily update.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tried and failed a few times, and given my abilities it's safe to say that I was up against some marvelous opposition.(cranbrook_aspie & United1892)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    He damn well did not run in any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did stand once or twice though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I'm missing the Speaker's daily update.
    I had to follow the speakers chamber, I've been missing it for a while

ReputationRep:
    Jammy Duel is this the thing you linked to earlier?

https://www.facebook.com/fawkespage/...8283198976355/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I imagine that they will struggle to breach 20% again (it took them more than 30 years post-WW2 although both Labour and the Tories are weaker then they were then) but i imagine that they'll be be back in double digits and beating Ukip fairly quickly (probably 2025) purely because they are an easier protest vote so to speak and also i imagine they'll start to rebuild their reputation as a soft left party.
    I think they'll just be in double digits in 2020 (maybe 11%?) from a couple of defectors from a Corbyn-led Labour, but after that they'll die down again, probably from the sheer lack of publicity they get due to having a habit of not saying or doing anything really interesting. Whether they beat Ukip again or not will depend on the referendum result imo.

The problem with the Lib Dems being a protest vote is that they have now been in government, which is not conducive to attracting protest votes - that won't pass into the realm of irrelevant history for around 25 year.s You forget that the left-wing liberal studenty protest vote that they held in 2010 and previous years has now turned against them en masse and gone either Labour or Green. That won't begin to shift back in their favour unless Labour and the Greens manage to shaft students, or perhaps unless the £9k tuition fees that the Lib Dems are partially responsible for are reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I tried and failed a few times, and given my abilities it's safe to say that I was up against some marvelous opposition.(cranbrook_aspie & United1892)
    Me, marvellous opposition? Lucky chancer with a slightly better manifesto than I had in the leadership election more like:rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Jammy Duel is this the thing you linked to earlier?

https://www.facebook.com/fawkespage/...8283198976355/
    I might have posted that one. Thank you for letting me know what the mods are going to give me a blue for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Me, marvellous opposition? Lucky chancer with a slightly better manifesto than I had in the leadership election more like:rofl:
    I think I have my old manifesto lying around somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have my old manifesto lying around somewhere.
    I still have my cringeworthy leadership one. I can see why I didn't get elected when I read it.

ReputationRep:
    cranbrook_aspie
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: jpg company tagline here.jpg (284.6 KB, 15 views)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I did stand once or twice though
    Good boy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That 4 would have lost my vote

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    That 4 would have lost my vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought you would have liked the "winning arguments is my middle name" bit more
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I thought you would have liked the "winning arguments is my middle name" bit more
    It's inaccurate, and certainly doesn't compensate for the "4"

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.