Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    Yeah I loved it. Which scenario did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scenario 1 of tort :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian-97)
    Did you do tort? If so, which scenario?
    I think I did alright ish
    Thank you soooo much for mentioning earlier in the thread that rylands v fletcher and nuisance reguarly come up - really helpful
    Glad to have helped! That's the thing with this exam it is so predictable!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valesker)
    Lovely exam, glad law and morals came up I wrote about 7 pages for it. For scenario 2 for the first question I did theft, burglary, robbery and duress (although he probably wouldn't get the defence because of criminal associations) and for the second question I did 2 thefts, fraud and obtaining services
    Lmao how big is your writing!

ReputationRep:
    Scenario 1

Q1.

Theft
    -appropriation issues: was it dishonest when he picked it up? Or when he decided to keep it?
    -property issues: paper = property, contents = info = Oxford Moss, contents = patented/copyright = thing in action
    -dishonesty issues: s2(1)(a) = harry may have felt legal right to documents he was colleague; he was assistant however so likely no connection as no developer therefore no right to steal

Robbery
    -no real issues

Burglary
    -up to 2 counts of 91a in relation to theft and gbh. Theft may not have been intended beforehand though
    -2 counts of 91b in the theft and gbh

Blackmail
    -menaces: threat of defamation
    -warranted issues: arguably reasonable grounds if he considered himself a collaborator and/or he was fired without good reason
    -property issues: employment as property?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All predictions were spot on
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Lmao how big is your writing!
    Haha average I just had a lot to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmReBa)
    I did scenario 1, for question 2 I only had time for fraud and basic offence of criminal damage, how many marks maximum can I get for that question?
    I didn't have time for the faud, only theft, cd and aggravated and cd and lawful excuse

ReputationRep:
    I did scenario one and for the second Q i missed out false representation and intoxication,but i did theft, arson and aggravated arson, basic criminal damage and lawful excuse. Will i fail this q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Scenario 1

Q1.

Theft
    -appropriation issues: was it dishonest when he picked it up? Or when he decided to keep it?
    -property issues: paper = property, contents = info = Oxford Moss, contents = patented/copyright = thing in action
    -dishonesty issues: s2(1)(a) = harry may have felt legal right to documents he was colleague; he was assistant however so likely no connection as no developer therefore no right to steal

Robbery
    -no real issues

Burglary
    -up to 2 counts of 91a in relation to theft and gbh. Theft may not have been intended beforehand though
    -2 counts of 91b in the theft and gbh

Blackmail
    -menaces: threat of defamation
    -warranted issues: arguably reasonable grounds if he considered himself a collaborator and/or he was fired without good reason
    -property issues: employment as property?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I missed robbery will this really restrict my marks?

ReputationRep:
    Will limit to clear as theft robbery is PCA

Maybev weak sound given the quantity of issues in theft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Will limit to clear as theft robbery is PCA

Maybev weak sound given the quantity of issues in theft
    I didn' think the force was at all connected to the theft?

ReputationRep:
    Immediately before or at the the time of theft

Force used in order to steal (if he had 91a theft intent before entry)

The key is perceptive discussion of the probabilities hence why we say D 'could' be liable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did scenario 1
    Q1: burglary 9 1b
    Q2: theft + intoxication
    Simple criminal damage
    Criminal damage by arson

Didn't even notice there was fraud lol
    The first part of the scenario was so confusing. Seemed like theft, robbery, burglary 1a and 1b so I just went with burglary 1b as it seemed the most appropriate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OSFC98)
    Scenario 2:
    Q3- Theft/robbery, Burglary, Duress
    Q4- theft, fraud, obtaining services

Anyone get the same?
    yes i got the exact same as you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine9609)
    I did scenario 2
    Q1: burglary 9 1b
    Q2: theft + intoxication
    Simple criminal damage
    Damage by arson

Didn't even notice there was fraud lol
    The first part of the scenario was so confusing. Seemed like theft, robbery, burglary 1a and 1b so I just went with burglary 1b as it seemed the most appropriate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That definitely wasn't scenario 2
    Scenario 2 question 1 was: theft of the money, burglary 91a and 91b for the trespassing and stealing from the part building, robbery for the use of force against Fatima and he could have raised duress but it would have failed for criminal association.Question 2 had no intoxication, it was theft of the money, theft of the card, fraud of the card and obtaining services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OSFC98)
    Scenario 2:Q3- Theft/robbery, Burglary, DuressQ4- theft, fraud, obtaining services

Anyone get the same?
    That definitely wasn't scenario 2
    Scenario 2 question 1 was: theft of the money, burglary 91a and 91b for the trespassing and stealing from the part building, robbery for the use of force against Fatima and he could have raised duress but it would have failed for criminal association.Question 2 had no intoxication, it was theft of the money, theft of the card, fraud of the card and obtaining services
    I also got burglary for question 2 of scenario 2... he exceeded permission which amounts to burglary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    I also got burglary for question 2 of scenario 2... he exceeded permission which amounts to burglary
    He wasn't trespassing since he was 'left in charge' so no burglary transpired

ReputationRep:
    Looks like barely anyone does tort

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't trespassing since he was 'left in charge' so no burglary transpired
    yeah but in a previous past paper it was slightly similar situation and the mark scheme had burglary - smith and jones: exceeding permission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrelldk_)
    Looks like barely anyone does tort
    yeah lol most people do property, hope it went well though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.