Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajan_S97)
    I put biodiversity in a habitat, and then biodiversity on a world scale. Not sure tbh
    Yeah I put a habitat and then an ecosystem, one of my friends put locally and worldwide, and another put species richness and evenness, everyone I've spoken to has put something different 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsharr028)
    Glycogen is readily soluble but still that's only one mark out of seven.
    oh yh sorry mate, got that one wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    That question was hard. I was writing everything about organic and inorganic cofactors and how they help to increase the rate of enzyme reaction... That question was so hard. Also the question were you had to write how you would carry out the investigation for the water lily plant was really difficult my hopes of getting an A in this paper are gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh my god that question I left it to answer at the end but the invigilator said put your pens down😩 wouldn't have got it right anyways. There were loads of questions that required you to read the question really carefully and ocr is so specific is well which makes it so much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bgxx)
    What does everyone think grade boundaries will be? I dont think they'll change much as they havent done so in the previous years
    Last two years 68 has been an A... I don't think they'll change much unless everyone has done terribly. I also think they'll be inclined to keep them high as we are competing with this years new AS syllabus which is meant to be harder..

ReputationRep:
    Was it artificial active?

ReputationRep:
    Last set of questions to write their questions was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you have an f214/5 version of this??💜💜

ReputationRep:
    That's what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiecoo)
    Yeah I put a habitat and then an ecosystem, one of my friends put locally and worldwide, and another put species richness and evenness, everyone I've spoken to has put something different 😂
    I had no idea for this one, I put local and international!! I looked it up on the internet and I think it was more or less asking you to put genetic diversity/ species diversity/ ecosystem diversity..

ReputationRep:

I put species richness and species eveness.. Did anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    That's what i got as vaccinations are artificial and active as has to produce antibodies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty201322)
    I think species habitat and genetic
    That's what I put anyway two from them
    I wrote that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it was any from ecosystem/habitat diversity, genetic diversity and species diversity as far as I know those are the 3 levels of biodiversity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyg19)
    Do you have an f214/5 version of this??💜💜
    Oh god I'm dreading f215!!! Last year that exam was a nightmare...I doubt this year it will be any better. I am so sad right now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What were the protein table answers?

ReputationRep:
    What was it wanting when asking about the two levels you can assess/measure (I can't remember, something like that) biodiversity?
    I have no idea but I put in situ and ex situ conservation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christabellej;[url="tel:65529289")
    65529289[/url]]I got 1.4 for concentration then 1.79 for mass
    I got 1.4 then 0.56g 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyg19)
    I put species richness and species eveness.. Did anyone else?
    Yeah I put that too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, is anyone making a mark scheme? That was just dreadful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfroBella)
    Did it ask for advantages or reasons? because I think I wrote reasons :confused:
    I think I went for reasons...

I said that it more accurately represents the origins of bacteria and archaea, recognises that archaea and bacteria are distinctly different and that prokaryotes are distinctly different from eurkaryotes.. although protoctists are anomalies there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.