Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember answers to Q5? (Moments question)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    Anyone think this enough for an A*? M2: 75/75. M3: 68/75. FP2: 66/75?
    Looks like it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember how many marks question 6 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wright1998)
    Anyone remember how many marks question 6 was?
    6+7

ReputationRep:
    F*ck edexcel. Got around 50 for this and had to d1 straight after and it was impossible to finish in 1hr 30.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got like 56 **** my life genuinely kill me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did question 5 ask to take moments about A? How many marks would you lose for finding R in terms of F?

ReputationRep:
    When is Arsey releasing a model answers?

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I made an arithmetic error that caused me to get the wrong speed for B in part a meaning I used the wrong value for the speed of B in part b and c how many marks would I drop bearing in mind my method using impulse etc was correct in part b.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    No you had to find R and F in terms of d,g and theta. They didn't ask you to take moments about A I'm pretty sure. I took moments about B correctly.
    Sorry, I didnt use F in my answer to part ii) so I thought you meant the force P.
    I wrote your F as 'uR' (with u being the mu symbol thingie), im pretty sure it wont matter as that IS the total horizontal force.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was question 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    He's not. Edexcel told him he can't do them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKA1998)
    For the last question I made an arithmetic error that caused me to get the wrong speed for B in part a meaning I used the wrong value for the speed of B in part b and c how many marks would I drop bearing in mind my method using impulse etc was correct in part b.
    SAME. Got b slower than a so didnt collide and some screwed up e. Frustrated think i missed one of the constants of the masses somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I estimate that I got around 62:
    on 1b, integrated between 0 and 3, so I'm estimating 2/5 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct integral.
    on 6b, I stupidly used 4 instead of 3 for the horizontal component, so I estimate 2/7 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct vertical component.
    Lost the last 5 marks on Q7.
    Any estimates of what 62 would get?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much question 2 was worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NamelessPersona)
    I estimate that I got around 62:
    on 1b, integrated between 0 and 3, so I'm estimating 2/5 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct integral.
    on 6b, I stupidly used 4 instead of 3 for the horizontal component, so I estimate 2/7 marks, M1 and A1 for the correct vertical component.
    Lost the last 5 marks on Q7.
    Any estimates of what 62 would get?
    Looks like you're being quite harsh with your marking (which is always a good thing).

62 would definitely be an A/around 85 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAls)
    F*ck edexcel. Got around 50 for this and had to d1 straight after and it was impossible to finish in 1hr 30.
    Oh my god same. I kid you not I didn't finish question 6 and 7 and I did question 5 in the last 3 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zandneger)
    The mass of the cyclist was 80kg not 800kg

This is it, however the second equation was P = 12.5R - 12.5(80gsintheta) because the cyclist was moving down the hill.

So you get

3P = 12.5R + 12.5(40g)
    P = 12.5R - 12.5(40g)
    2P = 25(40g) = 1000g
    P = 500g = 4900N
    Wouldn't P be in watts tho, not in newtons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    He's not allowed to do them anymore. Edexcel are being right ****ers for making the papers hard as balls and telling Arsey that he's not allowed to do the model answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Looks like you're being quite harsh with your marking (which is always a good thing).

62 would definitely be an A/around 85 UMS.
    I really hope it is and that I get 62 as I need 85 UMS in M2 and S2 to get an A* in Further.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.