Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisa59)
    Um, no? I'm not lying to myself.
    I'm just stating what is true to my own belief.

Every country should respect the people and its citizens. But sometimes, gay marriage is NOT possible for some countries.

Disrespectful? Thank you. Unfortunately, you are wrong. Now go judge someone else please.
    Yes you are.

You are saying discriminating against someone based on sexuality is not discriminating or disrespectful.

It is. It just so happens that in some countries this is regarded as ok. But that does not make it not disrespectful.

It just means that those countries have *****y morals and values. Which is why we don't want these values over here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusleon24)
    It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
    You do realize neither of Adam nor Eve existed, right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    You do realize neither of Adam nor Eve existed, right...
    Prepare to burn in hell pagan.

ReputationRep:
    To each and on their own. It's your opinion.
    However, the point that some countries do not agree with gay marriages still stands out.

I'm rational and I don't mind gay marriages to be legal.
    That is not how opinion works.

Yes, some countries do not agree with it. They have a different opinion. No one is denying that.

But that makes those countries backwards. How do you not understand that?

Imagine an entire country thought it's still ok to practice medieval medicine. They may believe that to work better, but their belief has no bearing on the fact that it's backward.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are.

You are saying discriminating against someone based on sexuality is not discriminating or disrespectful.

It is. It just so happens that in some countries this is regarded as ok. But that does not make it not disrespectful.

It just means that those countries have *****y morals and values. Which is why we don't want these values over here.
    Wait, what?

I think you're confusing yourself.
    Go read my post again. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Prepare to burn in hell pagan.
    Don't worry about me, I will be in heaven next to the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what?

I think you're confusing yourself.
    Go read my post again. Thanks.
    I think you are in a permanent state of confusion.

ReputationRep:
    That is not how opinion works.

Yes, some countries do not agree with it. They have a different opinion. No one is denying that.

But that makes those countries backwards. How do you not understand that?

Imagine an entire country thought it's still ok to practice medieval medicine. They may believe that to work better, but their belief has no bearing on the fact that it's backward.
    lol.... 'backwards', 'backwards', 'backwards'.

That's your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    lol.... 'backwards', 'backwards', 'backwards'.

That's your opinion.
    It's not an opinion though. That's what you aren't understanding. It is backwards, and what is opinion is that our opinion is that that is not ok, and your opinion is that that is ok.

ReputationRep:
    If a man marries a man who cooks the dinner, cleans the house and looks after the children?

ReputationRep:
    If a man marries a man who cooks the dinner, cleans the house and looks after the children?
    Your mum?

ReputationRep:
    To each and on their own. It's your opinion.
    However, the point that some countries do not agree with gay marriages still stands out.

I'm rational and I don't mind gay marriages to be legal.
    No one said it doesn't stand. Clearly some countries do not accept it. That much is indisputable.

The question we've been talking about is whether they're right to do so, which they clearly are not.

You even hinted that with the "rational" adjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that why you want a wife?

You're some 50 years late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your mum?
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  9.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  9.9 KB
    Stupid question gets a stupid reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Is that why you want a wife?

You're some 50 years late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  tumblr_nkjtzozylz1up6cnzo1_500.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  23.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question gets a stupid reply.
    shanter

ReputationRep:
    How can anybody have a problem with how another person wants to live. If it effects you directly in some way, it is then understandable.

It is fair to say people will not agree with gay marriage due to many factors. Just to name a few:

1) Upbringing and influences, to include: parents, friends, religion, social media, TV programmes, books, area you live, and many more.

2) Your experiences throughout life, that include: interactions with many of the above and the emotional encounters.

3) Social Norms - within the above interactions and environments

4) Popularity and Social Standing you want to achieve - Peer pressure, Job, Relationships

5) Intelligence and Knowledge

6) Anything else to add??

So given all these factors.. it is understandable how some people's prejudices can occur.

So what is the solution? A very difficult one.. but things do seem to be improving and Gay marriage is becoming accepted by more and more people..

maybe the solution is just to ignore the haters! Live life and be happy

ReputationRep:
    yes totally support it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.