Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    Is it possible for some rejections to come out today? Left an hour to 5pm and it's so scary
    It is indeed possible. Learned it the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so now I'm starting to see the trend when thursdays and fridays come around. It's gotten me shaken up ngl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriltonMiedman)
    Does this mean you got a rejection today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Does this mean you got a rejection today?
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    Correct.
    Commiserations man ... I'm scared to check my email now :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Correct.
    Omg pls have my commiseration on your application If you don't mind, may i know what course are you applying for, what time did u receive the rejection and what is the status of your application (i.e. how many weeks)?

Once again, sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    Correct.
    Very sorry to hear this man, but you know - you win some, you lose some. and end of the day, maybe LSE just wasn't right for you? What do you think let you down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Commiserations man ... I'm scared to check my email now :afraid:
    Omg pls have my commiseration on your application If you don't mind, may i know what course are you applying for, what time did u receive the rejection and what is the status of your application (i.e. how many weeks)?

Once again, sorry to hear that
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    Very sorry to hear this man, but you know - you win some, you lose some. and end of the day, maybe LSE just wasn't right for you? What do you think let you down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you guys, appreciate it.

I applied to BSc Economics and received the rejection mail two hours ago. I applied October 13th, so it has been about three weeks.

According to the mail, my PS wasn't convincing enough. My grades are good so I don't think they let me down. I think my PS is quite good and competitive, but I guess that you can't have any expectations when you apply for Econ at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    Alright, so now I'm starting to see the trend when thursdays and fridays come around. It's gotten me shaken up ngl.
    I remember you were having a discussion with JohnGreek and me, but you didn't believe us. Here is the evidence now.

ReputationRep:
    also got a reject from Econ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fenix11)
    also got a reject from Econ
    Sorry to hear that, what did they say was the reason?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP0458B)
    Sorry to hear that, what did they say was the reason?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PS wasn't convincing

ReputationRep:
    PS wasn't convincing
    What subjects are you doing?

Sorry to hear that about both of you...

I wasn't expecting to hear people getting rejected for BSc Economics for poor Personal Statement this early to be honest. From those on TSR last year, they rejected people with bad subject combinations and lower predicted grades than their entry requirement at first, if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    What subjects are you doing?

Sorry to hear that about both of you...

I wasn't expecting to hear people getting rejected for BSc Economics for poor Personal Statement this early to be honest. From those on TSR last year, they rejected people with bad subject combinations and lower predicted grades than their entry requirement at first, if I remember correctly.

I was predicted 45/45 in IB (Econ, Maths, English at Higher Level)

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, what were your GCSEs like? It's inconceivable to me that you wouldn't get an offer just because of PS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for some rejections to come out today? Left an hour to 5pm and it's so scary
    There is a chance they give out few offers tomorrow, but the TSR community represents a very small proportion of all the applicants, so we can't be sure unless someone says it.
    If anyone's friend's also got rejected or accepted, please let others in the thread know, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, what were your GCSEs like? It's inconceivable to me that you wouldn't get an offer just because of PS

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an international student and didn't take GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Very good predicted grades.

Thank you guys, appreciate it.

I applied to BSc Economics and received the rejection mail two hours ago. I applied October 13th, so it has been about three weeks.

According to the mail, my PS wasn't convincing enough. My grades are good so I don't think they let me down. I think my PS is quite good and competitive, but I guess that you can't have any expectations when you apply for Econ at LSE.
    Both of you are doing IB, what a coincidence...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They give the same reason for almost everyone with realistic grades who gets rejected. That is why everyone says LSE values Personal Statement a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisliu)
    Hi, I'm going to apply for accounting and finance.
    what were your AS grades?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.