Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I really doubt the right will get/fill anything like the 34 seats needed.
    You have no evidence that the vote came down to left vs right. Ten changes needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You have no evidence that the vote came down to left vs right. Ten changes needed.
    It's pretty obvious that there was a rough left-right division, particularly since righties have consistently provided the most vocal opposition to the CC.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just done the bills Hansard, and congratulations to the House on crossing the hundred mark for bills in a term for the first time – we've just set a new record of 106.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Just done the bills Hansard, and congratulations to the House on crossing the hundred mark for bills in a term for the first time – we've just set a new record of 106.
    In the interests of boosting my own ego, inflating my importance, and reinforcing my claim to be active, I would like to say I am personally responsible for over 12% of all bills produced this term.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can i ask the speaker why he has missed the last 2 updates ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Nothing to tell us, I expect.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd still like updates. Some of our MPs could also do with a daily PM to remind them there's stuff in Division too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Personally, I'd still like updates. Some of our MPs could also do with a daily PM to remind them there's stuff in Division too...
    I wouldn't know about needing reminders
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Fairly standard practice at election time when there is nothing new to update you on. I'll announce all the results in a job lot when they're all in because I need the CT to look at the two amendments.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As I'm considering the timings for the wash-up period now, I will share them with the House.

Wednesday 26 October – General election called
    Thursday 27 October – Deadline for submission of new items
    Friday 28 October – Deadline for submission of second / third readings of items
    Saturday 29 October – Deadline to send items to vote, items not send to vote withdrawn
    Wednesday 2 November – Votes close, MP usergroup cleared and GE voting begins
    What time will the GE voting begin exactly? (Not exactly, but 6? 7? 8? )
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I didn't think the voting starts for quite a few days
    The timeline for the election is as follows:
    02 Nov: Election poll opens, manifestos are posted.
    FYI
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I didn't think the voting starts for quite a few days
    Well this is the timetable QQ:

As I'm considering the timings for the wash-up period now, I will share them with the House.

Wednesday 26 October – General election called
    Thursday 27 October – Deadline for submission of new items
    Friday 28 October – Deadline for submission of second / third readings of items
    Saturday 29 October – Deadline to send items to vote, items not send to vote withdrawn
    Wednesday 2 November – Votes close, MP usergroup cleared and GE voting begins
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by iEthan)
    FYI
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Well this is the timetable QQ:
    Ah ok. I must have just forgotten from last time. Thanks for letting me know
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ah ok. I must have just forgotten from last time. Thanks for letting me know
    No worries
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    What time will the GE voting begin exactly? (Not exactly, but 6? 7? 8? )
    After 7, because that is the submission deadline, but not overly late. If it's not up by 9 at the very latest, start to worry.

ReputationRep:
    With the TSR Green Party deciding the party is not going to stand in the General Election, can we have reassurances the Speaker will not accept a late submission of a TSR Green Party manifesto as steps are taken to close the TSR Green Party?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    With the TSR Green Party deciding the party is not going to stand in the General Election, can we have reassurances the Speaker will not accept a late submission of a TSR Green Party manifesto as steps are taken to close the TSR Green Party?
    The submission of a manifesto and the closure of a party are separate issues and the former does not imply the latter, however I will not accept a late manifesto submission – submissions were closed at 7pm today and this was made clear a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    The submission of a manifesto and the closure of a party are separate issues and the former does not imply the latter, however I will not accept a late manifesto submission – submissions were closed at 7pm today and this was made clear a week ago.
    I thank you for your answer, I agree not submitting a manifesto is a separate issue to closing a party, however, when a party that is struggling for activity has all of its political power removed, there seems little chance of the party surviving to the next election.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I thank you for your answer, I agree not submitting a manifesto is a separate issue to closing a party, however, when a party that is struggling for activity has all of its political power removed, there seems little chance of the party surviving to the next election.
    We will see how the Green Party's activity does in the coming term, but I intend to follow the usual rules on party closure as and when required.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    We will see how the Green Party's activity does in the coming term, but I intend to follow the usual rules on party closure as and when required.
    The rules say you can declare them inactive...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.